Happy New Year: 2014
The day after Christmas we cleaned up and headed down to Vasalia where Tanner has been working. We checked into the Marriott (where Tanner lives....) and went out to eat. The next day Tanner had to work in the morning so Parker and I relaxed in the room, took long showers, and had a delicious hotel breakfast.
Baby girl is still a phenomenal traveler but she has her moments... she is strapped down and not quite sure why. It's hard to explain to an infant that we are going to Nanny and Bebo's house and that she SHOULD be super excited! :-)
Tanner took us to a really nice place for dinner. It was gooood!
Playing with the Rainbow Loom while Daddy works.
My sweet baby girl
Parker was stoked with the robes!
We thought this chandelier was pretty cool too.
I have to be honest, I'm SO glad Tanner doesn't have to work in Vasalia forever. I do NOT want to live there. I was happy to hit the road again when he was done working and head further south to Laguna!
Rayleigh fell asleep holding on to me. So cute.
So, we got to my parent's house on Friday afternoon and Tanner was able to spend the weekend with us before heading back UP to Vasalia on Sunday evening. We had a great day at church and played around with the GoPro in the afternoon.
It's nice to have help with diaper changes! ;-) My mom is the BEST!
Of course we HAD to hit the beach. It was freezing but we didn't care. We looked like a bunch of tourist. We are so white and Parker was jumping in the waves. He's a die hard SoCal beach lover.
Parker loves to snuggle on Rayleigh in the mornings. It's a great help to me and such a sweet bonding time for them.
I sent this to Tanner- one morning I turned on Sesame Street while I was getting ready and the kids were glued! ha ha
The weather was glorious, as usual, so we soaked up as much sun as possible. We hung out in the front yard one day and Parker played with Gary's grandkids. We washed my Mom's car while they were at the temple for a little service project. What can you do for a mother who gives so much to you???? How can I even attempt to return the favors??? She's the best thing in the universe.
We enjoyed our outside time thoroughly.
Rayleigh loves Nanny!
My Dad and I got into a discussion about the 60's and how crazy the world was at that time. He was in college, a newlywed, and living in Santa Barbara when there was a lot of crazy stuff going on. Anyway, he started telling me about Dr. Martin Luther King's "Mountian Top" speech and we decided to watch it. (he had it on VHS) In fact, he had a whole documentary by Peter Jennings on America in the 20th Century so we sat down and watched it every night and it was fascinating! We had some pretty cool conversations and my parents told me some amazing stories about bomb threats on campus and when John F Kennedy was shot and the civil rights movement... so many epic events!
It was fun to be out and about with my Mom again. She's my best friend and I really do miss hanging out with her all the time! We went to Barnes and Noble one day. Bookstores are the best!
My cuddle bug. I just love her.
Tanner stayed to work over New Years (since it was on a Wednesday this year) and just came home on Thursday and took a 3 day weekend. (Rather than driving back and forth a million times) My parents went to a friends' house for a party so it was just me and the kids! Party Poopers! But Parker and I watched the ball drop in NYC at 9pm and Facetimed Tanner so we could ring in the New Year together! Technology makes me happy.
New Years kisses!
Happy New Year! I'm sure Rayleigh was unaware of the eventful day but we celebrated by watching the Rose Parade and meeting Cam and the fam at the Montage.
My Dad joked that he would be like this guy when he was fully retired... and then I saw the real deal that day at the beach!
The tides are a record low so we saw so many cool creatures! TONS of starfish and even an octopus! Rad!
The next day Parker and I met up with some of his school friends at the park. It was so fun catching up with my fun "mom" friends and letting the kids play. Obviously Parker had a blast and was stoked to play with his friends again.
We also hung out with Lisa and Cali met Rayleigh! Cali and I were pregnant at the same time when I was expecting Parker and she was expecting Mr. Fluffy. She sure loved Rayleigh. :-) She gave her some kisses.
When Tanner came home he watched the kids for me so I could get my hair done! I can't remember the last time was that I had it professionally cut and colored. I'm trying to lighten it up this year- we'll see how it goes. I felt terrible because it took 5 hours. I'm not kidding. My poor baby. She survived but man, that was brutal. Apparently, I have a lot of hair.
Tanner had fun with the kiddos though and my mom was a huge help as well.
On January 3rd, Little Miss turned 3 months old! She is growing up way too fast! She rolled over for the first time! And shes's been talking and singing so much! She slept through the night the whole week we were staying with my parents which was magical. She's still nursing and taking about 2-3 bottles a day. She loves music and seems to try and sing along. She's started really watching Baby Einstein or colorful movies, if we turn them on for her. She smiles at EVERYONE and is so sweet. She's much more subdued than Parker was and so patient. She loves baths and to be held. She's very easy to put down to bed at night and goes to sleep every night at 7 but she has yet to get going on a good nap schedule. That's ok though. She's still so little and I love just going with the flow with her. She's my princess and I shower her with kisses and cuddles all day long- which she loves.
We had a GREAT week in Laguna and, as always, it went by way too fast. I was tempted to stay longer since all Tanner was doing was taking me home up North and then driving back down to Vasalia again. But, we thought it best to be home in our own beds and get Parker back to school and his routine. The drive is NOT my favorite but oh so worth it. Can't wait to go back!
Happy New Year!
This year some goals of mine are to read Preach my Gospel with Parker and teach him piano, read 50 books as well as 50 books to Parker, lose all my baby weight, read the Book of Morning and New Testament, index 1,000 names, organize the house, go to Hawaii, make lots of new friends, take and pass my RVT exam, and be more patient and kind.
Here's to a supreme 2014!



Comments