Ritz Carlton Lake Tahoe
I think it's safe to say we were BOTH really looking forward to this mini vacation to Lake Tahoe. Plum put us up at the Ritz Carlton and since Tanner has like a million Marriott points we were able to upgrade our room for free! The baby was as perfect as can be and we had the most luxurious time. We definitely earned it. Since Tanner started working for Plum on August 1st, 2013 we have lived together for 6 weeks. That's it. He's still in Visalia and to be honest, there's no end in sight. So, we took full advantage of everything there was to offer. We ordered breakfast in bed, had massages and I got a facial, had decadent dinners on the lake and ordered snacks by the fire whenever we wanted. I'm sure this little get away cost over 3 thousand dollars. So this is how the rich people live.....
Our room was so cozy. We had a fireplace and a great view of the slopes. This is a ski in/ski out resort (no lake view) but the snow was crappy due to the drought we are currently in. It didn't matter too much to us since we didn't plan on skiing. Heck, we only left the resort one time! Can you believe this bath tub? It was ginormous!
The first order of buisness was a meeting with all the adminitrators and DONs followed by a private, catered dinner. The meeting was boring (for me, ha ha) so I left and took care of the baby. But, dinner was soooooo delicious and even better- Kyle held the baby and put her to sleep while we got to enjoy the meal! During dessert the boys had another little meeting while the girls chit chatted. It was fun!
My princess is so spoiled already. Poor thing is not going to know what to think when she stays at a cheap hotel. "Where are my 800 thread count sheets!?"
Breakfast was out of this world. Totally worth the $80 +. Tanner got banana nut french toast and I got oatmeal and fresh fruit. The next morning I got the french toast and he got an omlet. Sooo good.
The first morning I left these 2 and went down to the spa for a little spa sesh. I was the only one down there and felt like I owned the place. I got there early so I could use the steam room and sauna, Jacuzzi and cold plunge shower, and of course all the toiletries and nice products while I took my shower down there. But, as I was sitting in the Jacuzzi the power in the hotel went off! It was no big deal for me! I was in heaven! They lit candles and there was enough light from the windows that I could still get my decadent massage. But I had to postpone my facial for the next day. Hey, that didn't bother me! Round 2! I did the exact same thing the next day (soooo relaxing) only I had a facial instead of a massage. It was my first one and man, I am sold! Facials are amazing!!! When I was done with my massage I took the baby and then Tanner went down and got one. This is the LIFE!
This is our upgraded room....
Tanner and I ordered food out here by the fire place a couple of times. You sit down and someone comes over and asks you if you want anything. They will literally bring you anything you want. One time we wanted french fries and bread. One time sandwiches and smoothies!
The second night we were there we went to this really nice resturnat right on the lake called Gar Woods. Kyle, Stacy, David, and Rachelle went with us. We watched the sunset and had a delicious meal followed by an even better dessert! They all left and played afterward but we didn't to snuggle down with our princess.
I'd be like the best role model if I were a famous Hollywood acrtress.... Like Sandra Bullock, I guess. ;-)
It all ended too soon. I had been stressing so much about what to do with Parker while we were gone because we weren't too familiar with anyone up here (not enough to leave our kid with overnight) but my visiting teacher/close neighbor proved to be a pretty stellar person and so I asked if she wouldn't mind taking Parker. She was so sweet and took such good care of him. He LOVED spending the night with them (they have 4 kids) and was so excited for us to leave so he could go over there. Win WIN!
The baby held my hand as we drove back down the mountain. She's such a sweet angel.
So, for me it was great fun staying at a hotel for a couple days being pampered and treated like royalty! Of course Tanner liked it too but he's used to staying in hotels and living out of a suitcase and eating out every meal. I wonder if he will ever get to move back home????? I'm already jonesing for another stay at the Ritz...

Comments