Father's Day 2014
Father's Day is such a special day. I am so lucky to be surrounded by great father's. The world is in need of awesome Father's to lead and guide our children in love, peace, and righteousness. That's what my Dad did for me. I had someone ask me the other day if I was a "Daddy's Girl". To me that means someone who calls their dad first in every situation and relies on him for a plethora of needs and wants. I think it's a sweet and tender relationship but I would not categorize my bond with my dad in that way. He worked from home so he was always there. Always. He has been my rock. My constant source of comfort, knowledge, support, and genuine care. My dad is the most honest, positive, well rounded, and tolerant person I know. You can ask him anything and he always has the right answer. But he will never, ever tell you what to do unless you ask. He is accepting of me for who I am. He loves me no matter what. And for that I can't help but adore him forever. He's my dad. The best DAD in the universe!
Of course we loved celebrating Father's Day with the man of the house, Tanner! We TRIED to hard to spoil him rotten! I'm not a big breakfast eater but Tanner definitely is. The plan was to make him breakfast in bed but he was up and ready before my feet hit the floor. I did manage to whip up some pancakes and such. I'm sure he was satisfied with that. After a sweet morning at church I made him a yummy dinner and we relaxed together as a family. We FaceTimed my dad and his dad and opened some gifts. Parker made him a cute card at school. Tanner is so affectionate and patient with our kids. Things that drive me nuts don't phase him at all. He spoils the heck out of them and works hard everyday to make sure we have a happy, fulfilling life together. I can't thank him enough for sacrificing so I can stay home with them and supporting us financially all on his own. And I'm so grateful that he loves children and wants to have as many as Heavenly Father will bless us with. He's a softy through and through and I wouldn't have him any other way!
Tanner's Dad is just plan rad. Should I write a poem, or not?
He laughs at my jokes and tells me I'm pretty
And love his grandkids a lot.
We're lucky that Monte is so dang smart, He guides his family true.
When we make mistakes or fall off the path
He's there for us through and through
Who knew this tribute would turn into a poem. I hope you've at least enjoyed it
What I wanted to say, what I really do mean
Is that Monte is truly terrific!
Happy Father's Day you guys!!!! xoxoxo

Comments