Summer Sunshine in February

Last week was awesome! Everyone had Monday off for President's Day so I called my friend Paige who lives at 3 Arch and asked if she would let us in! Score! We all met there around 1 and stayed for a few hours. The kids had a blast playing together, the weather was warm and the breeze cool! The waves were tiny and the tide low so we didn't have to worry for a second about the kids and the water. It was too cold to play in anyway so they didn't venture into the ocean. The sand is so soft and clean at 3 Arch. It's just the most magical place.

And ok, I realize that I take WAYYYYY too many pictures of Rayleigh but she's my princess so you'll have to just deal with it.

My mom came with us which was wonderful. Kari's kids were sick so they couldn't make it but we all enjoyed talking together and watching the kids giggle and frolic in the salty sea air! The coolest part was seeing SO MANY gray whales spouting! We had the perfect view! We kept seeing them and then a couple whale watching boats docked in the bay to get a look and the whales stopped. It was so funny. It's like when the baby is going crazy kicking away in my belly and I grab Tanner's hand to have him feel and the baby stops. Every time.

32 weeks....





















I'm coming to get you!
I'm gonna put this wet sand on you!
And it's gonna be so funny!!!!
I love her.





Cute Kim asked to take a picture with Parker. xoxo




The rock.


Rayleigh hadn't taken a nap that day but she was soooo happy playing at the beach. As the day progressed she got quiet cuddly and curled up on my mom's lap for a snuggle. Naked bum and all!


I don't think I'd mind living here. That view.....


Aaaaaand, she's out. She didn't even get to eat ice cream from Thrifty's!


My Mom made a delicious dinner that night. Rayleigh loved the strawberries. Sleep overs at my mom's house are the best!


The next day I took the kids to Chuck E Cheese to play for a little while. Ski ball was calling my name.





After the baby's nap we did crafts and played in the backyard!


Rayleigh is such a nature loving child. She loves to be outside and in the dirt. Or more preferably, the sand. She's such a happy, sweet little thing. Her personality is really starting to show and she's just adorable.














And she sure loves her Baby Einstein!


The next morning I had a quick doctor's appointment and then we headed home so I could meet with the girls for Activity Days. They are such cute girls and I'm looking forward to getting to know them better!



Meanwhile, Tanner's facility met some goal so they had an 80's themed party. Tanner is hilarious and everyone loves him. He's doing SOOOOO well with his job and I'm so proud of him!




I have this vivid memory of sitting with my Grandma (Bullock) at her kitchen table in Provo one 4th of July weekend. She'd made herself an egg salad sandwich and I stared at her while she ate it thinking it looked SOOOO good. So, I decided to make one myself! And it was yummy. Probably not as good as the one she made but I bought Wonder Bread and everything to make it extra special. ;-)


We had a "home" day one day and worked on a few projects. We had to clean an do  laundry too. Blahh. Also, a member from the primary presidency came over to meet with Parker and she said how excellent Parker is. She said he was "one of the good kids"! That made me so proud because, like I've said before, my biggest fear is raising a delinquent child and you never know what they are doing and saying when they are out of your sight. It made me proud to know he is choosing the right and that other people are noticing his good behavior and brilliant mind.
Speaking of my kids being awesome (ha ha jk) When I posted this picture of Rayleigh she received SO many compliments. So I decided to print it out and put it in a frame and write down all of the nice comments. Now she can look at this picture as she grows older and know that even before she turned 2 she had individual worth and made other people happy just by being herself.


Friday we were all so excited. Tanner came home from work early (which he NEVER does) so that we could enjoy a nice, little staycation. We'd booked the Laguna Cliffs Marriott in Dana Point using some of his points earned and he decided to add on an additional night. We got to the resort around 4:00. Right at check in. The baby had a poopy diaper and was fussy and acting crazy. Parker was perfect. But I was having a hard time with the baby. I couldn't physically chase her and there were NO changing tables in any of the bathrooms. There were NO other kids around so I felt like I was disturbing all the guests trying to enjoy cocktail hour. Check in was taking forever and I was beginning to lose it. And cry like a big fat baby. Finally Tanner came storming up to us saying that he'd booked a night at the Laguna Cliffs INN by mistake which was in Laguna NOT Dana Point. At this point we were all frustrated and hungry so I suggested we just bag the whole night, grab some food, and spend the night at my parents house. So, we did! We ate dinner at Ruby's which everybody loved, watched a gorgeous sunset, and then drove over to my parents house. They were so welcoming and kind to let us stay there. Tanner, Parker, and Rayleigh were asleep by 7:30. ;-) 
We had the humidifier going for Parker because he's been fighting a little cold and we thought it might help me sleep better. Well, it must have worked wonders because the vapors set off the fire alarm in his bedroom and he didn't even wake up!!! That kid is a heavy sleeper!






But first, let me take a selfie....


The next day Tanner took Parker to check into the hotel and make sure we were all good to go. I spent time getting ready and we were all excited for a fun day!


The view from our room. Score!

We dropped the kids off at Cami's and off we went! She and Cort took them to the pool and made a yummy dinner for them and then Cami brought them back to my Mom's to sleep. It was perfect.



 Meanwhile, Tanner and I cashed in on the prize I won! We started off with our massages at Burke Williams. Since I'm pregnant I received a pregnancy massage and a special pregnancy bath! They brought me a fruit plate with chocolate drizzled strawberries and everything! It was fabulous!
After that heavenly experience we ate an early dinner at RipTide Sushi. I'd never done the tepanyaki before so it was really cool and suuuuuper tasty! We ordered a cooked sushi too which I now fantasize about daily. We need to go back there.....




When we got back to the hotel we ordered dessert outside by the fire and enjoyed the sea breeze. You could hear sea lions off in the distance and the quiet evening without kids was a real treat. And knowing they were so close by in case we DID need them was a good stepping stone for me. ;-) 
Since Tanner has SO many Marriott points we had full access to the spa too. So we took advantage of that and each went our separate ways for about 45 minutes so we could relax and enjoy the amenities. I met 2 other pregnant girls in the whirlpool (they were sisters) and it was fun to chat with them! When the spa closed we sat in the outdoor Jacuzzi for a little while too and met some cool guys. I think I was more excited about all the adult conversation than Tanner was! You don't realize how much time you spend with little people until you are back in the grown up world!
We realized we are old when it was 8:30 and we were ready for bed. Just like every other night! But that's ok. We opened the door to let the cool sea air flow and curled up in the nice fluffy sheets and had a great night's sleep.

The next morning we took advantage of the spa again. We really felt pampered. We could really get used to this life of luxury! We cruised over to Stacks for breakfast which was super yummy! And then drove to my mom's and grabbed the kids. We brought them back to the hotel and let them sit in the hot tub with us for a while before checking out and getting ready for church. They sure loved it too!




Stacks










We couldn't have enjoyed this super special late Valentine's/early birthday/Baby Moon/ Staycation without the fabulous help from my sister and my mom. Thank you thank you thank you! Apparently on Sunday morning when the baby woke up (around 7:30) Parker grabbed her out  of the crib and brought her upstairs to my mom. She laid down next to her and snuggled for about 20 minutes! My mom said she wouldn't trade that for anything! Rayleigh has taken a sweet liking to my mom in recent weeks and it melts my heart. Here she is wearing Bebo's slippers. This girl has a thing for shoes!
 I can't say this week had a single down side. I'm in awe of our good fortune and happy life. I know trials come and go but I sure do appreciate the good times.


Comments