Jack Tanner
The day finally came!
Time to meet our third baby, our second son, and the one and only
Jack Tanner.
Hospital check in was 6am. After a nice night's sleep we stopped by Beth Warner's house for a french braid- just like we did last time. It's always a good idea to have your hair in a nice up-ish do for surgery. Beth is so sweet and woke up at the crack of dawn to help me out. She also gave me a wonderful gift of treats to enjoy at the hospital!
Here we are! Braid is done and we are officially on our way! We were excited and calm. This baby was a breeze to conceive and the pregnancy was textbook. It's not like this was our first rodeo. It's only been 18 months since our last C section with the same amazing doctor at the same fabulous hospital. We were actually really looking forward to 3 days of meals in bed, good night's sleep, and drugs! Oh, and a cuddly new born. ;-)
Gowned and ready! It takes about an hour and a half to prepare for surgery. I change into my gown, provide a urine sample, get in IV and get started on fluid, and meet with the anesthesiologist -who was phenomenal by the way.
The pre op nurses were great! They were about ready to go home (they were the night shift girls) and we were easy going and fun to chat with so they were awesome to us!
When the OR team is assembled and ready they walk me in only and Tanner waits in the hall. It's freezing in there and I'm pretty much half naked. I was shaking due to be chilly and excited. It's all about to happen! I sit down on the table and lean against the "lead" nurse (the one in charge of the room) as the anesthesiologist administers the epidural. He also gave me a medical patch behind my ear to help with nausea since I throw up EVERY time. I felt a pop and my legs went numb. Ok! Ready for action!!!!
They started prepping me and Tanner came in all gowned and ready. The team was so wonderful and talked about happy, family things. Like how many kids they have and how great kids are. These people are fantastic and what they do and it was fun chatting with them during surgery- which literally look less than 15 minutes. I did get a little sick for a second but the anesthesiologist was on top of it and helped me feel better right away. Dr. Han talked me through the procedure and kept me in the loop.
Before we knew it little Jack was born! I couldn't believe it! It was such a magical, dreamy, surreal experience! This little baby I never knew I wanted and was so easy to deliver was here! He cried and I cried. He has dark hair! Finally! That's always the first thing I ask about. "What color hair does he/she have???" He is long and skinny and oh so adorable! I felt so great and Tanner was amazing as usual!
That 80's song "Sweet Dreams" by Eurthymics was playing in the surgical suite and it was a perfect soundtrack!
That 80's song "Sweet Dreams" by Eurthymics was playing in the surgical suite and it was a perfect soundtrack!
While I was being sewn up and put back together (and resting- I was a little loopy but still could open my eyes and talk) Tanner was with Jack. He mastered every new born test and every thought he was the best baby ever born!
At 7 pounds 13 ounces he is our smallest baby! But truth be told, we had the C section 5 days before my actual due date.
Look at all that dark hair! Yay!!!
He has the longest feet you've ever seen.
The first time I held him he fit so perfectly in my arms. I am destined to be this boys mother. Always have been.
His feet are so long that they took up the entire space reserved for the foot print!
We were in recovery for a super long time because it took me forever to feel my legs. I was sooooooo thirsty. But we had fun. Jack was all about sucking his fingers. He was going crazy on those fingers. So I tried to nurse him and he latched on right away. He is by far the easiest kid to nurse! We also gave him his first bath which is adorable. We were in recovery for about 6 hours just relaxing but anxious to go to our room and have Jack meet his brother and sister! And get something to drink...
Skin to skin is my favorite.
I fell instantly and completely in love with this boy.
The morphine from the epidural made me so itchy. There goes the makeup I needlessly put on that morning. Ohhhh well! See Jack sucking those fingers....
We finally made it to our room! I could wiggle my toes! Rayleigh was asleep but my Mom brought Parker over and he got to meet his baby brother for the first time. This is all easy shmeesy for Parker. He knows all about babies.
I'm so glad my Mom lives so close by! There's nothing better than sharing motherhood with your very own mom.
My 2 sons!
Taking a selfie!
Parker tried a little skin to skin. Jack cuddled right down and put his finger on Parker's chest like, "Hey brother, I like you."
Jon and Laura came over to see us (so bummed I didn't get a picture). They came with my dad and left the kids with my mom. Rayleigh loves playing with Brody! I was glad to see some pictures of my sweet girl! I missed her so much!!!!
We forced my dad to hold Jack. ha ha He did great and was bouncing him and stuff. It was adorable. Grandkid #14!
The first day with my new little man was completely magical. He's everything I never knew I wanted. I love him so much!!!!
DAY 2:
The next day I was able to get my catheter out, my IV out, and my foot pumps off! Woo hoo! Freedom! That first shower is always incredible. Although I got some water down the wrong throat and sounded like I was being attacked by a bear in the shower as I was trying not to cough while not being able to stop the reflex. Tanner burst into me naked and hunched over as I tried to tell him. "wrong throat!" Sheesh! That was embarrassing.
Jack gets cuter every day. He'd better stop or else I just wont be able to handle it.
They don't provide food for poor Tanner so he ran over to Ruby's for breakfast... his was probably a little better tasting than mine.
Later that morning my mom brought Parker and Rayleigh over for a quick visit. But Rayleigh had absolutely NO idea what was going on and just wanted to reach over me and Jack and grab everything on my hospital tray. So, her visit was brief. It was fun to have a few more minutes with my mom though. Tanner's family drove down the day before and spent the night at our house and we waited and waited for them to come to the hospital to see us. They were fixing Kassidy's phone and it was taking forever!!!!!
Well hello there little dude!
I love him.
They finally came! They stayed for a few minutes and each got a chance to hold Jack before the went over to my parents house to grab the kids and take them home. We were so happy they came all the way down from Idaho for Jack's birth and to help with the kids! And Kassidy is going to stay with us all summer! It's going to be so nice having an extra set of hands!
Cami came over too! She is so sweet and knows just what to do to make me feel comfortable and happy.
Jessi has been obsessed with babies lately so she came too and got to hold tiny Jack!
Day 3:
Dreamy.
Dream come true.
Robyn visited us the night before and brought us PF Chang's for dinner! She's the best! She stayed for about 2 hours and held the baby so we could eat. The fortune from my cookie was crazy accurate!!!
The next day she came back with Cecily, Sophie, and Sadie! And Yogurtland!!!
How was this tiny human just inside of me?
This kid has a killer sucking reflex.
Parker and Rayleigh had a blast with Grammy, Papa, and Aunt Kassidy. And Monte fixed my breaks!!!
Day 4:
Going Home!
We went home on a Saturday.
It amazes me how people give birth and are in and out of the hospital in 1 day! There is so much to do and learn and sign!!! It's always bitter sweet leaving the hospital- the nurses are like little angels and the constantly, uninterrupted snuggles are the best. But we were anxious to get home to Parker and Rayleigh too and take Jack home.
And away we go!!!
Jack Tanner Peterson
Born at exactly 8:00am on April 15th, 2015
7 pounds 13 ounces
19 1/2 inches long





































































.jpg)
.jpg)

.jpg)

.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)







.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)

.jpg)




Comments