@ home with Jack
The day we left the hospital we stopped by my parents house for lunch and then headed home! It's the first time we'd had a baby and been able to take the baby to our own home! I love living with my parents but it was good to have a place of our own all set up for baby Jack.
For some strange reason (hormones) I could NOT stop crying when we got there! I missed Rayleigh so much! I guess I was just overflowing with the lovey doves and couldn't contain all the feelings. Kim snapped this first family photo of us all piled on the bed. I had to hold my breath to stop from sobbing as she took it.
That night we gave Jack his first bath, had a wonderful dinner prepared by Kim, and enjoyed being together as a family. There's something special and sacred when you bring a new baby home.
Parker is stoked to have a baby brother. He knows all about babies and is super great with him so far. It's the toddler stage he's not a fan of. Poor Rayleigh....
Could you just eat him? I know I could. But now that he's OUT of my belly I'd like to keep him that way.
Tanner's parents left early Sunday morning to fly back home. We were bummed we couldn't spend more time with them but so grateful they even made the effort to come down. They were a HUGE help. It's such a blessing to have supportive loved ones! I was worried about how I was going to handle things with Tanner driving them to Long Beach in the morning but it ended up being just fine. And I knew I had Kassidy to ask for help if I needed it.
Sunday was Rayleigh's first time holding Jack. She was all smiles which is nothing new. I think she thinks he's a doll!
When he cried she immediately put her head down next to him. She does this all the time now. She cuddles him so sweetly. She's going to be a great big sister!
She also fancied pointing out every facial feature about him. His eyes, ears, nose and mouth... and she gets a big kick out of his fuzzy head!
Since Rayleigh got such a kick out of holding Jack the first time we decided to try it again. She was all zoned out on Baby Einstein. It was so cute.
Tuesday was Jack's first doctor's appointment. It's getting easier and easier with each kid. Jack is great in the car which is fabulous because we have to drive to Laguna for pretty much everything. Kassidy stayed home with Rayleigh and was able to pick Parker up from school so we could take Jack in, get lunch, and spend some time with my parents.
Here's the cute little guy all ready for his first big outing.
He's showing Anique his big muscles. Everything about him is absolutely perfect. But he's slowly gaining weight (instead of quickly) so I might have to supplement... something I'm going to try my hardest to avoid. It's nice when you hear the doctor tell you how great you're doing, though, and how amazing your kids are.
We thought Parker would like this picture... ;-)
So tiny! I love the pictures of babies in their car seats for the first time. They look so small!
Jack sleeps with me at night which I love. You only get to do that for a short window of time before babies and mommies sleep better apart. So far I've felt really good, healing quickly, and not tired at all. I've had lots of help but also Jack is a great baby. He's a good eater and a good sleeper. What more could you ask for?
Tanner went back to work on Wednesday (exactly a week after Jack was born) so my Mom came down to be with me. As it turned out, Rayleigh took a nice long nap, Tanner was home to get Parker from school, and my mom and I just sat around and chit chatted all day! The ward has been bringing us meals so we heated up some left overs and enjoyed a nice quiet morning together.
When Jack is awake he is super alert. He looks all around and blinks his eyes and is actually really awesome at holding his head up. This day we were both laying on the bed talking. He was looking right at me. We were having a moment. I sure do love him.
I have 2 babies. I have to keep reminding myself.....
As you can see, Rayleigh probably watches way to much TV lately but whachagonnado? I thought it was cute how she laid down on my Boppy as she gazed up at the TV.
Don't mind all the pink and purple baby equipment. Poor Jack has to deal with big sister's left overs. The purple chair is always a favorite, though.
Kassidy has been amazing. She is such a huge help with the kids. She's been picking Parker up from school since I can't drive yet. And getting Rayleigh down for her naps since I can't lift yet. She also takes the kids to the park which I so miss doing. I'm excited to get my body back and be the fun mom I want to be!
Someone was being a little crabby....
And guess who was showing interest in the potty? This cute girl! We busted out the princess potty seat and got her some pink undies. I know she's young so we are taking things slow but she sure seems up to the task!
Rayleigh loves to snuggle and since I'm literally always holding Jack she will climb up on to my lap and squeeze her cute little body next to mine. I love it. I had to ask Tanner to snap a picture of us. I love my 2 babies and I hope I never tire of snuggling them close.
Jack has legs for days. And did you see those feet? This was right after a nice warm bath which he LOVES. He smells so good and has the best fuzzy head ever. He's all ready for some all night snuggles.
See what I mean about these eyes? Guaranteed they will be blue. They look just like Parker's.
Saturday April 25th was Jack's first day at the beach. He was 11 days old! We went to the Montage and Liz met us down there! She's in town seeing friends and family. It was chilly and it actually started to rain which was a bummer. But we saw some whales super close up! The kids had a blast and it was Kassidy's first time down to the beach too! We had to leave early do to the weather but we all drove back to our house and hung out for the night and had a great time together!
Liz is amazing. I love her so much. She is so incredible with kids and babies. She knows just how to make them each feel special. She held Jack for literally hours and he just snoozed away. She really does have the magic touch. Parker adores her and she had Rayleigh giggle with glee continuously. I'm so glad she could stay the night with us!!!! And isn't she just so gorgeous??
They all got in the hot tub. Poor me can't get in but they all had fun! Love these people!
Meanwhile I gave the baby a bath and snuggled him. Look how tiny he is! Almost the same size as the bottle of lotion!
I can't get enough of new-borns in tiny oneises. It's literally the cutest thing ever.
I love it when he smiles in his sleep. Jack is one good looking baby. No doubt he's going to be a heart breaker when he grows up.
Sunday's are for laying in bed, right? I caught these guys all piled up on Kassidy's bed FaceTiming Kim and Monte on Sunday.
This is what dreams are made of.
Kassidy had an interview on Monday with our dentist, Dr. Johnson. She'd been trying to get a CNA job with Tanner or find somewhere local to work but she's interested in dental hygiene school and wanted to work in a dental office to make sure she should pursue it. I called up Kandy Foster and got her in interview for the very next day and they hired her on the spot! Tanner took her out and bought her new shoes and now she's all set for her first day of work which was... the very next day! ha ha She's been loving it so far! (except the fact that she has to drive to Laguna every day- I'm secretly so envious of her!)
On Tuesday, since Kassidy started working, I had to drive myself to my post op appointment. I didn't think I would be able to but it was all good! I sure have been blessed and watched over! The doctor said I was looking great and healing up just fine and cleared me to drive! woo hoo! My mom was able to watch Rayleigh for me (she just napped the entire time) and after my appointment I got to hang out at my parents house for a while! My Mom held Jack so I could eat lunch. She is the best!
And do you know what else is the best? Our ward for bringing in meals EVERYDAY for 2 WEEKS! Rayleigh loved this pasta! We have had a fridge PACKED with food! It's been amazing!!!
One day I decided to give Rayleigh some pig tails. I wasn't sure it would work and she completely fought me the entire time. You'd think I was trying to kill her. But they turned out so cute. She looks adorable with her hair done! Too bad she runs from me now every time she seems me with a comb.
Parker's Spring school pictures came. How did he grow up so fast?
Remember what they said about the middle child? Or maybe it was the crazy toddler....? This girl is alllll over the place. Her new trick is climbing on the kitchen stools and getting on to the counter. I tuned my back for 2 minutes!!!!...... She is clearly so proud of herself. Now we have to lay the stools down when we aren't using them.... keeping it classy over here.
Wednesday night when Jack was 2 weeks old the ward had a picnic in the park. It was so fun to get out and see some people. The ward has been phenomenal to us and I'm really looking forward to getting to know everyone better. The kids had a blast at the splash park!
Here are a few more random pictures...
I had to bust out the chair that sits on the floor for Rayleigh to eat in because I'm not supposed to lift her. Sometimes she sits herself in there and can't get out! I hear her saying, "Done!!!!" ha ha and then I have to go rescue her.
A day in the life. This is what most morning's look like. Rayleigh has some milk and watches Baby Einstein while Jack sleeps and I hurry and take a shower, make the bed, and scarf something down to eat!
I think these were from the day we all went to the beach for the first time with Jack. I have 3 kids!!!!
And I love them so much.
Family of 5!!!
Oh ya, and the next day after the beach (Sunday) Rayleigh woke up sad then took an abnormally long nap and woke up with a fever. Parker, Tanner, and Kassidy were all at church and luckily Liz was still with me. Rayleigh threw up on me and was miserable. Liz took Jack and I cleaned Rayleigh up and gave her some Tylenol. That afternoon Tanner took her to the Urgent Care. I didn't want to risk her coming down with anything serious that she could pass on to Jack. Cami's kids all have strep throat. Plus, I was worried she might have another UTI which is horrible and I would have felt terrible waiting any longer for her to be treated for that. She was so lethargic but they took her in (Parker and Kass went too) and the doctor diagnosed her with a slight left ear infection. I'm sure she could have fought it off but we picked her up some antibiotics anyway. Poor thing.
This is my view 99.9% of everyday.
Well, I think it's safe to say we have survived the first 2 weeks with baby Jack. Being a family of 5 is better than I could have ever imagined. He fits into our family so perfectly. He's everything I never knew I wanted. It's hard to believe that we will look back on the last 18 months and hardly remember being a family of 4. Parker, Rayleigh and Jack are the lights of my life and together with Tanner we have a beautiful family. I could not be more thankful. My heart is bursting with joy!!!




















































Comments