Jr. Lifeguards

I found a great deal on Jr. Lifeguard camp for Parker and we were so excited about it! He went for a whole week, 9:00am-3:00pm each day. He told me it was like being in school all day but only having recess! He had a blast and learned a lot. He made some awesome friends and I'm so thankful we were able to provide him with this amazing experience! I know he'll remember it forever!

The camp was held at the Newport Dunes Back Bay Resort. The first day we got there we were a little late and didn't know where to go. I thought I'd signed Parker up for the 1/2 day camp but as it turned out they weren't holding 1/2 day camp that week and he was able to go the full day! Score! I was NOT prepared that first day. I didn't bring the double stroller and so had to hold Jack (while nursing) and stroll Rayleigh ALLLLL the way to the other side of the bay where camp was being held. I was sooooo hot and sweating my tush off by the end of it all. I tried to let Rayleigh play on the little playground as we waited for Parker to get done but it was too hot and she was running all over the place. I couldn't keep up with her! At least not when I had to keep one hand on Jack. 



So, I jailed her up in the car. We had packed a little lunch so I fed her and we played a few little games. I felt so bad that we were all so hot and sweaty and probably not having a very good time. But we made the most of it. 





Sometimes big sisters share toys with little brothers...

Parker got creative with his toilet paper roll. He spent a good amount of time making this- it's a cruise ship called the S.S Awesome with Captain Parker at the helm.



So, the next day of Jr. Lifeguards I was more prepared. I let Rayleigh play in the water and at the playground for a while. She got good and sandy so I asked someone if there was a shower where I could clean her off. When they pointed it out to me and gave me the code I noticed it was right where the pool was! Score! I threw my little mermaid in there and she had a blast splashing around for a while until it was time to go. 





Another funny creation of Parker's: it's his "grocery list". Toys, toothpaste, and more toys.


Here's my big 7 year old! Learning lots of information and killing it at Jr. Lifeguards!



I tried to take Rayleigh home via PCH one day- we were suffering from some bad June Gloom so a beach day was not too much fun. And I wasn't sure I could handle a big walk down to the beach so we stopped off at Aliso on our way. She was in heaven! I couldn't even snap a picture of her face- she was off and running the entire time. I was on suicide watch the entire time because the surf was out of control. There was a lifeguard AND a cop standing watch as some crazy dudes were riding the run off into the ocean.








Powerful stream from all the rain we've been having...


The good thing about Aliso is the fun little playground.




Parker is filthy after Jr. Guards so we always try and play in the backyard and hose off followed by a dip in the spa.

We are loving the warm summer nights! Eating outside is the best! Rayleigh is sooooooo messy when she eats so it's nice to just hose her mess away! ha ha We made some TexMex and it was so yummy!


I wanted to do some fun "Newport" activities while we were up there each day and Fashion Island was top on the list. It is such a haul bringing 2 babies anywhere and my stroller had wobbly front wheels (until Tanner fixed them) which hindered my expeditions and was super annoying. But, we walked around Fashion Island before any of the stores were open, played in the fountains, and went crazy over the koi fish!




This was Rayleigh's "Blue Steel" look.



Oh! And we found this little pet shop with kittens in the windows! This happened to be right by the bathrooms which I desperately needed to use. I had to manhandle the monster stroller through the doorway then use the potty as quickly as possible because I had to leave the kids outside the stall... how do people DO THIS????!!!


We were able to spend nap times at my Mom's house which was soooooooo nice. Rayleigh sleeps so well over there and my parents house is just the best. I'd rather be there than almost anywhere in the entire world. Jack and I had some good snuggles while Rayleigh was napping!








Tanner grilled us some burgers on Thursday night. They were sooo yummy! Nothing beats a back yard BBQ with burgers, corn on the cob, and watermelon!


Rayleigh was a big time fan of the watermelon.




Love my sweet boy. It's crazy to think that I wasn't even anticipating another baby when I got pregnant with him. I didn't know what to expect when I had him- just that it would be hard having a toddler and a newborn. But my heart feel soooo good. I love him. So. Much. I would not trade this mom thing for anything in the world.



Little brown noser. She sure does love playing in the mud!

Since we'd been in the car ALL week long (literally, it took me 3 hours to get home on Friday and yes, I cried about it) we stayed home on Saturday. It was awesome. We ran to Target and Sports Chalet, signed Parker up for soccer, I got my hair cut, and we BBQed in the backyard with Kassidy! We've finally crossed over with Kassidy. In the beginning I think we all kinda felt a little too formal with each other. We were trying to "host" her and she was trying to be a good guest. But now we are easing into just living together and it's going so much better!

Oh you know, just climbing up the ladder. Tanner was changing some light-bulbs....

I wish I could say I was sorry for the Jack overload but I'm not. Just look at that cute face!!








My 2 babies! I love them so much! I wish I was an octopus with 8 arms so I could hold both of them and snuggle them all day!






She is so sweet with Jack. Sometimes I'm with her while Jack is asleep and we play or read or whatever. But as soon as Jack is crying she knows I need to go get him and she is so awesome to let me. She's a great big sister and I know she's gonna be an excellent mother.



But sometimes Rayleigh still wants to be the "baby" so she climbs in his swing for a little rest. I can't believe she slept in this thing until just about 6 months ago!

Rayleigh LOVES the nursery. And lucky for us we can go in there during sacrament meeting and turn on the sound so we can still hear the speakers. We attend church at a very difficult time- nap time. Church starts at 11:30 so it's a miracle when we can even all go together. Usually Rayleigh is passed out before we can even get her in the car to go. And she can't make it all the way through until the 3rd hour yet. She just gets too tired and cranky. But, A+ for effort, right?!


When I take the babies home for naps I relish the silence and catch up on my scripture/Ensign reading.




After church/naps/dinner it's time to play! Rayleigh looked so cute in her pig tails.


Tanner practiced soccer with Parker and of course Rayleigh wanted in on the action too! I had to hand him Jack and snap a picture. Rock star dad!!!






As you can imagine, Rayleigh is pretty dirty at the end of the day and always needs a good bath. I got her some paint soap at Target and she loves to finger paint with it. I like to paint her cute little face!

Fishy face!

Seriously, does it get any cuter????


We had a busy week but it was so fun! The only thing missing is a van! We need a van!!!!

Comments