Christmas Day
Christmas morning is always so fun and magical! Parker got the babies and brought them into our room around 7am. He knows we are not the best morning people and the babies are still so little that they don't know about waking up early on Christmas, thank goodness! But Parker is so respectful and patient to wait until a decent hour. We had wrapping paper blocking the top of the stairs so no one could sneak down. Jack was all confused about it and didn't know what to think. Parker tore it down and we all came running. The kids were in awe when they first saw all the presents! Santa came! Parker got an electric scooter, Rayleigh got an easel, and Jack got a car to ride in. They were so happy with these gifts- we should have just let Santa do his thing and left it at that!
We went WAAYYYYY too overboard this year. I purchased most of their gifts before Thanksgiving and only bought things that were on sale. The babies toys were mostly bought from thrift stores. But still. We had way too many things. Like, it was a chore it open them all. Lesson learned. I felt really guilty. We didn't even have time to visit my family in the afternoon because we were still opening presents. We didn't even finish that day! And I was feeling pretty lousy.
But the best part of the day was going to church. I loved that Christmas fell on a Sunday. Singing the Christmas hymns and hearing the beautiful Christmas messages was the perfect way to spend the morning.
Since I failed to prepare a turkey dinner on Christmas Eve, we baked on Sunday and had a nice meal together. Like I said, morning sickness has hit me hard so I was not feeling too great. But I tried to rally for my family!
The babies got this little Mickey Mouse ball thing which was destroyed in 20 minutes. ha ha
He loves to play Peek A Boo
Keeping is classy with no clothes and nose picking
Tanner got Parker some golf clubs so they can go golfing together. They have gone a few times and they really enjoy playing together!
She loved all of the puzzles
Our family in Idaho got hit with some insane snow! No one could even go to church! Travis and Nicole had to postpone their drive up there by several days! BRRRRR
Church was great!
Doing her "make ups".
I love Christmas and I was sad to be feeling so rotten. Next year will be such a sweet and specail time with a new baby. And I will remember to keep it simple. It's no the "things" that make Christmas a treasure- it's just being together and putting Christ at the center of it all! Everyone was happy and I'm truly thankful for such a cheerful family. Tanner provides such a wonderful life for us. Tanner and these precious children are all the gifts I will ever need.





















Comments