Christmas Time Festivities

I'm all about the traditions and bucket lists! So you can imagine my delight when the church came out with a new initiative this year to Light the World with service! There was a little advent calendar with a beautiful video to accompany the message. Each day represented how the Savior taught and lived and how we can apply those principles in our daily lives by serving others. Believe me, I was stoked. I printed out the calendar then thought of specific things each day that I could do and wrote it on my calendar. I felt limited in my time and abilities but I'm grateful for the new tradition of Lighting the World each holiday season and hopefully I can form some habits that will last throughout the year and beyond! 
2 specific days of service were the most meaningful to me. Since I don't live close enough to bring dinner to my struggling sisters I had pizzas sent to their homes! The first one was Kari and I made the mistake of surprising her. Of course she wasn't going to just take a pizza from the delivery guy knowing she didn't order or pay for it! After I talked to him and then called her and got the confusion all straightened out she was overcome with joy. The happiness and gratitude was felt through the cell phone. She even hugged the pizza guy! So, I'm sure we kind of Lit his World too. With Cami, I learned my lesson and warned her and she too was soooo happy. Ya know, it just really made me happy. Such an easy thing to do, it took no time at all. But if I hadn't been challenged to serve others I might not have even thought to help each of them with dinner. We did other little things too but those 2 times were the most meaningful to me.

Rayleigh LOVES my nativites. I have them all set up on top of the piano specifically so little hands wouldn't touch them but she found a way, the little stinker. And there was no way I was going to ban her from them. Playing with the nativity scenes is an important way for little ones to learn about the story of Christmas. I tried to sit down with her each time she got involved with the figures and tell her the story. Sometimes she listened, and sometimes she didn't. But she loves the baby Jesus and I always let her have her special time with him.


We didn't have too many great date nights in December but we did have some fun times going out. We took Parker to see Moana and it was soooo good! We all loved it!


Jack helped me with a little wrapping one day. We went a little overboard this year....


We got everyone matching pajamas from Target and it was a goal of mine to get a nice picture in front of the tree. Whelp, we tried our best!
















I had to try and squeeze every last Disney day I could before our passes we blocked for Winter Break!



I finally broke down and ordered Ray her own little Fisher Price nativity set. She liked it displayed here on the landing..


Current mood...


This was multitasking at it's best. Parker was at scouts and as we drove by the park the babies begged to get out. So I pushed them in the swings and chased them around while I talked to my mom on the phone and ordered Cami's pizza from my Dominos app. ha ha


I love me a nice winter sunset.


Ya know, I really don't like messes. This one was ridiculous. I think I was in my bedroom folding laundry or something when they did this. Not just one, but BOTH dressers completely empty. And when I went into Ray's to clean up you couldn't even see the floor. Jack tripped and smacked his cheek on her little bench. Ugh. kids are the worst.




The only thing that gets me through times like that are the sweet anticipation of DATE NIGHT! We met my parents for dinner at Fashion Island and then went to the Segerstrom to see the Millennial Choir perform their Christmas concert. It was unbelievable. So so so amazing. I had chills basically the entire time. And the best part was running into SOOO many people we know! Both singers in the choir and attendants. I loved seeing Triana and giving her a big hug. I love that girl so much! We even ran into our Bishop and his wife- apparently their daughter sings in the youth choir!



I was able to watch Jill's little boy Reed for about an hour one morning. I was happy to do it! He's such a cutie and Jill is such a great friend to me. I've been having so much fun at our monthly Bunco nights! The last time we met, Tanner was in survey so I had to ask Audrey to babysit. Tanner was done earlier than I was but since Audrey can't be dropped off by a Dad (has to be the mom) he just came over to Bunco with all the rowdy ladies! He was happy to be there! So funny! Tanner is such a great guy.

Trying to keep these kids busy.... Rayleigh spends the most time out of everyone in the hot tub. She could be out there for hours and hours! She's such a little fish!


Tanner runs 2 buildings which means he has 2 work parties for me to suffer through. ha ha Just kidding, kind of. He's the boss and it's for all of his employees so I just kinda sit there like a dork while he runs the show. But this party was super nice and really fun. There was great food and I was able to have a nice conversation with his DON's wife.




The next morning we were pretty tired so Parker took it upon himself to get the babies and bring them downstairs when they woke up, get them in their high chairs, make mac n cheese with cut up grapes and their sippy cups filled with water, and turn on Elf. I was amazed when I came down and saw what he did. He's such an outstanding young man. I don't know what I'd do without him!!!!


One night we were invited to Jill's for a Polar Express party. She had the cutest set up with candy canes and a hot chocolate bar. Tanner brought his sound system and they projected the movie on a big screen outside. We roasted s'mores outside too! It was super fun! I left early to put the babies to bed...






HUGE NEWS!!!!! WE'RE HAVING A BABY!!!!!! Last month we talked about it and decided we were ready to welcome another child into our family. With  my history of infertility and miscarriages we didn't know how long it would take or if we'd even be able to have more kids. But apparently my infertile days are over because it took no effort at all! I knew almost immediately. I have so finely tuned myself to pregnancy symptoms, researching and over analyzing every little thing about my body for all those years. So I took a test to validate my pretty much being a nut case (hormones) and it was positive! Tanner is so happy and it means the world to me that he's so supportive. We are over the moon!

The kids love to play in the front yard. Probably because I never let them go out there. But there are a ton of wishies this time of year and she was being so cute blowing them.

On Sunday, we met my parents and Cami and Jon in RSM at the Live Nativity and creche exhibit. This is one of my favorite traditions. Parker loves exploring the creche displays and now Rayleigh is a huge fan too! At the end of the night, we pulled my parents aside and Parker said, "Maybe next year OUR baby can play the part of Baby Jesus." My mom lit up and my Dad got all confused. It was so funny! But we told them, yes, we are having a baby and they were both thrilled! We are keeping it a secret from everyone else though because it's too early.



At 3 years old Rayleigh has never had a hair cut and it was time! Her hair was finally getting long but it was all uneven and straggly. So we all went in to this child's hair cut place by Parker's orthodontist and she was happy as can be! She got a little bob and it looks adorable!











She's been begging to play in the sand and my heart goes out to her. I wish we could just run on down to the beach on a moment's notice but sadly, that's not possible. So it's the volleyball courts at the park instead! She's happy as a clam either way!



They get so completely disgusting when they play in this gross "fake" sand. But it's worth it. They are happy.



We had fun this day meeting friends at the park. Jill, Courtney, Katie and I all have big kids and little kids the same ages and we are all the same age too. We have a pretty tight little club. I love the friends I've been able to make while living here. It really makes all the difference!

Destructo!!!!


Yes, we've all been a little tuckered out this holiday season. Here's Rayleigh asleep on the floor. I feel a little guilty not running full speed with my kids and going on all the adventures I have planned. But being at home making a baby is fun too and my kids all have such great dispositions. They are content just being at home. I certainly am blessed!

Comments