Scuba Parker
Parker is now officially scuba certified! Wow! What an accomplishment! We are all so proud of him! He was completely calm, cool, and collected according to his dive instructors the first time he headed into the deep. He had an online class followed by an in person class, then 2 weeks of diving in a pool until his first open water dive. They chartered a boat to Catalina and since the summer dive trip with our Idaho friends was canceled this year, Monte flew out to dive with Tanner and Parker.
I was happy to have Monte come and help me fix a few things around the house. He swooped in and did everything in record time and with a spring in his step. Saturday, after Tanner and Monte took the kids on a disastrous date to play golf, Tanner and I treated Monte to a super fancy dinner at Mastros to thank him for all of his hard work. Monte said he felt like a fish outta water and the meal was extraordinarily expensive- we’re talking $500! The boys DID order steaks and scallops and oysters, though. Tanner’s steak came from none other than Snake River Idaho and was $140. It was fun to be so ostentatious, though. After dinner, we walked over to the Segerstrom so Monte could see where Tanner and Parker perform.
Sunday was the dive to Catalina. They had to wake up extra early and were gone almost all day. But they had a blast! The dive boat captain said he’d never had 3 generations on the boat at one time before. What a special memory. We had chicken n rice and sat in the hot tub before collapsing into bed.
Monday, Monte flew back home and we were sad to see him go but excited that he wants to come back and work on some more projects this winter when it’s nice and warm here. We had a good chat when I picked him up and we waited for 2 hours to get some In n Out. I worry about Tanner and the stress he brings home. He had an unfortunate episode with Parker that broke my mama heart. He truly seems like he hates his life but Monte said he could relate- that he spent many years just enduring. Balance is key. Even now that he’s retired he’s finding it a challenge to fill his days with uplifting activities and Endeavors.
My new motto is “Reap What You Sow”. My sweet dad read about article in the church news written by the first presidency and while most of it was how to navigate the pandemic, Elder Oaks reminded us that as Christians, we would do well to remember that we reap what we sow. Jack and Rayleigh have been studying this concept in school, too. And as I ponder about what to do for my children for Christmas, I want to focus on how to help them set goals so that their gift is that of achievement. What do they want to learn/experience/accomplish? How can I help them along that journey? What do I want to reap? How can I better sow? If Jesus were to sit and talk with me today, what would I tell Him? What would my questions be? Would I complain? Do I already know the answers? Would I think to ask Him how HE’S doing and how I can help Him? And if I did, what would He need me to do for Him?
Im proud of Parker for sowing the seeds of adventure and reaping with such a great reward, one that he could share with his dad and grandpa. His willingness to try something new blessed everyone. He is a gem and I love him so much.

























Comments