Will September Ever End?!?!?


September has been THE longest month in the history of time. I have about lost my marbles. With every little detail of information I need to keep track of regarding school/ZOOMS/assignments, wondering when things will open up and make my life easier, cooking and cleaning every meal every day, never ending laundry and dusting and wiping and washing, sitting down and mustering every ouch of my patience to help Rayleigh and Jack complete their work and piano practice, trying not to micro manage Parker, dealing with the sassy 3 year old with the strongest temper, feeling guilty about too much screen time and too much money being spent, alternating between worrying about Tanner’s stress levels and being angry with him about being stressed, my jaw pops, my tube needs to exit my ear, I need Botox and eye lashes, my back has cysts that the dermatologist can’t fix so I have to see a general surgeon, I need to find a new OBGYN because guess what? Maybe I’m pregnant.  I have a giant follicular cyst that won’t go away which is indicative of a pregnancy, and I need my hair done and about 13 massages. Throw in technical difficulties and I have shed about 3 million tears this week.

So, I loaded up the kids and we ran away to the beach right at sunset. It was perfect. The kids were in heaven! Why don’t we do this more often? We grabbed Chick Fil A on the way home and stopped by my mom’s to eat and she had created the most beautiful backyard soirĂ©e for us! Each chair has a soft comfy blanket and candles were lit all around- it was the kind of magic that only a mom can provide. I was also able to give my parents their very last check. They loaned us a TON of money about 10 year ago when we ran into soul crushing credit card debt. We owned 2 homes in Vegas and were struggling to keep them during the housing market crash and racked up way too much debt. Thankfully, today, we are officially past all of that! My parents truly are the greatest there ever was.

The next day, after school/work, Tanner whisked me away to the Marriott in Irvine. I was UPTIGHT but it was nice to get away, even if it was less than 24 hours. We shopped at the Spectrum and ate dinner at Tender Greens. We even got massages! We watched a movie until we fell asleep and went to breakfast at the Broken Yolk. Then it was back to reality.  But hey, at least it was Friday!
Saturday, Tanner took Parker and some youth to Lake Perris for a boating activity! Jealous! The bishop was there and some of my besties and all the youth got to enjoy the stake president’s super nice boat. Score! I stayed home and listened to my virtual SDMS ultrasound conference. This was the weekend we were supposed to be flying to Hawaii. Wa waaaa But due to the pandemic, our plans changed and the SDMS conference, which is usually held in a major city and is very expensive, was free and held online! Score for ME! That night, we met up with the Duncan’s and Hundley’s and Guerrero’s at Luna Grill followed by Cold Stone and then we sat in the hot tub for a little while. I LOVE MY FRIENDS!!!!

Sunday was Parker’s last official dive right from the beach at Shaw’s Cove in Laguna. He did great!!!!

Tanner has really stepped up this week to help me and things are looking up. The gym finally re opened and that has been life changing. Tanner helps get the kids logged into their ZOOMS and when I get back, they are good to go. My soul was crushed when the printer wasn’t working for me, the internet got shut off, and the garage door broke. But everything was quickly fixed and I pray that the burdens placed upon my back will be light and/or I will find the strength to endure with joy. Ya know? Because if we can’t turn to the Lord for peace, we won’t find it anywhere.







Virtual MCO





















































Tanner helped Jack with this little project. He's a cutie!





Sweet text from my friend Jen. She's been coming over every day for the past few weeks while Parker teaches her kids swim lessons.



Ready for Halloween!

Random Funnies:


Ella: Mommy! Maybe we can watch shumping else! Yet me get the merote!

Jack was driving me insane and brought a balloon to the dinner table. He was bouncing it around and it got into his spaghetti sauce and I LOST it. I did NOT want to clean up spaghetti sauce from all over the house. I took the balloon away from him and demanded that he sit down and eat his dinner. He then proceeded to spill his water all over his plate. He came into the kitchen, where I was seething, and tried to dump his food into the sink. I said, “No! That’s your dinner! You have to eat that!!!!” And he replied, “What!? You want me to eat WET FOOD!?!?” And I completely broke. I could not stay mad at him. I started laughing uncontrollably. He is the funniest kid!

 

Comments