Valentine's 2021

We are really feeling the LOVE around here! Well, mostly.
Tanner quit his job and we are hiring an attorney to collect all of the money his job owes him. He's been throwing feelers out there for a new job and everyone has been so excited to talk to him! He's got quite the reputation and everyone wants him on their team. It's nice to have him home more, even though he's still staying busy with "work stuff". He has made a few yummy meals, helps with school work, and will lend a hand in the chores. 
We've been leaving little love notes and treats around the house for each other (the kids and I). It's been sweet! I wish I could do more but it's about all I can do to get through a normal day successfully. Parker and I haven't missed a day going to the gym together! Jack celebrated his 100th day of school and his teacher dressed up like a grandma. She had the kids ROLLING! She even came to our house to drop off class Valentines, help Jack complete a craft from the back of her car, and nail a sign in the yard to recognize all of Jack's hard work these past 100 days. She is an incredible educator and loving teacher and we are soooooo thankful for her!!!! We stopped by the school to pick up Rayleigh's class Valentines too and now everyone is thoroughly sugar highed. Ella had a fun little dance class and her friends brought Valentines to share, too! So sweet! Everyone is trying so hard to have fun and spread love since we are all still stuck at home and not going to school at all. Except Ella who had a wonderful Valentine's day party at her school! Ms. Danielle is her "best friend" and she goes above and beyond to teach these cute kiddos and make their childhood magical!
:)
On Friday, though there was a chance of rain, 2 Valentine's Day parties were planned and ultimately attended! The first was at lunch time at one park with the homeschool group. We ate pizza, the kids played, and we had a super fun valentines exchange. The next party was immediately following the first and had almost the exact same routine as the first (minus the pizza). The second party was not promoted by the church, but we did post about it on the Ward Facebook page and I think the entire primary showed up. There was easily 60 kids there from the ward. It was so fun! I love how our ward is like family.
Parker shot his shot to a girl he has a little crush on and she said she just wanted to be friends and ghosted him for the rest of the weekend. Ouch. But they are friends again so all is well. But he was pretty emotional about it all! I had no idea he was at this stage!!!! He likes girls and gives them Valentines on index cards hand written with pencil and talks about real feelings! (Don't tell him I told you)
After all the playing at the park, we came home for more pizza and some fun with Angel and her boys! The kids swam while I scanned her baby boy. Tanner brought us Cafe Rio and it was so fun being together! I'm still in awe that she's pregnant AGAIN and having another boy! 5 kids is no joke!
Saturday was Wyatt's baptism and we all gathered IN a church building in San Clemente to witness the blessed event. Matt was able to baptize him and my dad confirmed him a member of the church. Josi asked me to play the piano and while I am super happy to help out, I was so nervous. I'm still not confident with my accompanying skills. It was so nice being together as a family, though. It had been a long while since we'd gathered. The kids just love when we are together. 
Sunday was Valentine's Day and we had a nice breakfast followed by a great ZOOM church. The missionaries came over for the sacrament and dinner and we were lucky to have all 4 of the Elders serving in our area. We love the spirit they bring into our home. That night, Tanner and I watched The Count of Monte Christo because that was the first movie we ever watched together. It was in his parent's basement and I pretended to be asleep so I could snuggle with him and listen to his heart beat. Soooo cheesy!!! We didn't do any gifts or cards for each other and you know what, I'm a little sad about it. We need to go BIG next year! Why not???
This week I've not been in the best mood. I think having Tanner around more has wrecked my balance or something. But I know as soon as I adjust to him being around more, he will leave with the next career endeavor. He's got some good things in the pipeline and he's enjoying spending more time at home. On Tuesday I hosted a long awaited Relief Society activity. It was more like a "Galentine" party and we talked about 3 things we each loved. We laughed, we cried, and all in all, it was a great success. I loved the way the treats turned out and I was happy to have so many sweet sisters show up- some I didn't even know or hadn't even met before!
Rayleigh is now in Activity Days, too! They have been so sweet to drop off treats and activities each week until they can meet in person. This week it was a birdhouse to paint and Rayleigh did such a good job!
In conclusion, could you just die over these cute throwback pictures of Parker?!?!? Talk about a heart throb! He is such a stud muffin!
Though I've been short tempered and overly frustrated at times, there is a lot of love going around and I'm very thankful for all of our wonderful friends and family who make life filled with warmth and happiness!



















































 

Comments