Fun February Times
Saturday morning was so great! Tanner made a yummy breakfast and we snuggled up to watch the Church's first ever Friend to Friend program! It was excellent and the kids really enjoyed it. Rayleigh loved the lesson on drawing and Jack was happy that he remembered one of the stories that they talked about- we'd read it in the Friend magazine a few nights before! I'm so impressed with everything the church is doing to bring the gospel alive and into our homes.
We sat in the hot tub for a little while and then headed to Baby Beach for some SUP. The beach is always a good idea and we all enjoyed the fresh air. We then drove back down to San Clemente to scan Emily again so that Abby and Brother Bob could see the baby, too! The kids LOVED seeing Cali and it's always so wonderful to spend time with this family whom we cherish. We drove through Chick A Lay for dinner and ate it in my parents backyard. Tanner was whining that he was SOOO cold. My mom bundled him up and I had to take a picture and send it to his parents who replied that they had just gotten 3 inches of snow. ha ha It's always the best when we can hang out with my parents!
Sunday we had a great ZOOM church and then the missionaries came over for dinner. They gave Rayleigh a little lesson on faith to help her prepare for baptism and Tanner busted out his old missionary journals. It was good for him to reminisce about those special days as a missionary. Sundays are always such pleasant days filled with the spirit, good food, and fun family time.
The rest of the week was routine and uneventful but good. We have gotten into the swing of things with distance learning and I'm sure they will go back any day and screw up the rhythm we've created. Same thing with Tanner being home. He's so close to securing a new job and I've been better at delegating more of my responsibilities to him, but then he's going to go back to work and I'll have readjust. All good things and the changes help us grow and have new and interesting experiences. We took the kids for a bike ride the other day and that was super fun! Rayleigh had her very first Activity Days activity at Alyse's house. She taught the girls how to make macaroons and they were sooooo good! Rayleigh did a great job! She had to miss dance though and Tanner took Ella to ballet which was so sweet. I think he enjoyed watching her- it really is the most adorable thing to watch 3 year olds do ballet. That night I hosted Book Club at our house (Whistling Past the Graveyard) and we had a great discussion. I was a little nervous because Tanner was not home. He attended a little "farwell/birthday" party with some of his old coworkers so I was dependent on Parker to get my kids to bed. Let me tell you, they were total rock stars. They didn't make a peep. They played quietly upstairs until it was time for bed. Then didn't make a fuss when Parker laid them down. I was so incredibly proud of them. They are SUCH great kids! They may still not sit reverently in church, but they are awesome at going to bed and being respectful of my time with the grown ups downstairs. Tanner had a nice time at his little party and felt really loved and appreciated.
Tomorrow is his birthday and we have a fun weekend planned! I can't wait!



























Comments