May Days
Have I already mentioned how I'm in my car, on average, 17 times a day? From homeschool class, to preschool, school pick ups and drop offs, piano, gymnastics, dance, meetings, MCO, Bunco, Bookclub, playdates, and appointments... it's like go, go go, then SIT. And I feel like I'm constantly out of gas. But we are learning, growing, and making memories, and that's all that matters.
Parker's really been enjoying the homeschool classes taught at Erika's house. She's amazing and I'm so grateful for her efforts. I feel suuuuper guilty for not helping Rayleigh and Jack practice the piano. When Jack arrives at his lesson and doesn't feel prepared, he wants to quit. He even ran out the other day, through the house, into the backyard, and hopped the fence to get back to the car! Rayleigh is doing really well and always has a great attitude.
We had a fun Relief Society meeting where we learned how to make delicious Mexican food with Liz A. I had to get a babysitter so Parker could go to MCO.... (Tanner took him and then Parker went to my parent's house while Tanner sang. I just love that he gets to spend that time with his grandparents- and I think they like it too) Now that things are opening up and the pandemic is winding down, everything falls on Tuesdays and Thursdays! But it's really nice having the kids in school, even if it's just a few hours. I finally organized all of Rayleigh's clothes and created little outfits. She has over 60 different options laid out and ready to go now!
Jack had the best day when the baby chicks at school hatched and he was finally brave enough to hold them! He couldn't get enough! Then on Friday, we were able to celebrate Oakley's birthday at the park! They are such cute little friends and my kids had a blast. I was a little bummed when there was some drama. Haley had invited Rayleigh to come over and play with Rubie for an hour in an effort to foster their friendship a little bit. But she bailed at the last second and as I was explaining this to Erika (who was with me at the party) she said, "Oh! Well that's because she's going to dinner with us!" And alllll of this after I specifically asked Erika what she was doing that night (it being a Friday date night) and she said she was going to dinner with her husband. Needless to say, I felt wounded twice over. Once for Rayleigh and once for me. What are we? CHOPPED LIVER???
The next day, Tanner took us to the beach while Parker went to a big dance with friends.... those pictures are in the next post.
Sunday was super nice. We had a great day at church, followed by Mia B's baptism at her grandma's pool, and then the missionaries came over in the evening (past dinner time) and explained to us that they hadn't eaten all day! Tanner and I looked at each other and Tanner said, "I'll make crepes!" and he whipped up the most delicious crepes and bacon ever and the 4 Elders were so sweet and grateful. It was a nice night!
This week has been truly magnificent.
Angel was starting to have contractions and I was trying to hard to figure out a way to make it to the delivery. Due to covid, the only way I could be in there with Luis was if I was a certified doula. So I got certified! It was actually really fun and interesting! Ella had a playdate with a cute friend from school and Parker had a fun mutual pool party at Jill's. We had a beach day, dance, piano, and school. The days are BUSY! But oh so glorious!
Homeschool Class
Mexican Food night
Mia's baptism



















Comments