Ella's 4th Birthday!

My baby is 4! 
How can this be! I try so hard not to get sad because I LOVE watching my kids grow- but I just wish she’d stay little forever. Ella Bella is my best friend. She is tender and sweet and also very sassy and spicy. We are working on using our words when we get mad. She will play for HOURS using her imagination with dolls and stuffed animals and little toys. She always has a smile on her face (unless she’s being a stinker) and loves to have a good time. She honestly believes people are good and kind and I love that about her. She can be shy around new people and will hide next to me. When she has to do something she doesn’t want to do (like on Sunday when the kids needed to sing I Am A Child of God while being video recorded) she will fold her arms and make a stink face. Ohhhhh Ella. She must be the baby of the family.

One night, I had a burst of inspiration about throwing her a birthday party. She’s never had a “friend” party so we invited all the kids in her preschool and Sunbeam class and we had a Bubble Bash! I bought a ton of cute stuff to decorate and blow bubbles and paint and have cute treats. I made an itinerary in 15 minute increments and you guessed it, they blew through the activities in 2 seconds. Then I began to panic and I wondered WHY was I doing this? Am I crazy? Why did I invite 10 four-year-olds over for a party!? The biggest hit was the water coloring. But we had music and lots of bubbles and cake and ice cream and it was fun! Ella totally scored with fun girly gifts like unicorn crafts, unicorn Polly pockets, and coloring stuff. She was straight up spoiled! We had a great party and then spent the rest of the day swimming and spending time as a family. (Well, Parker went to a friends’ party… but the rest of us hung out)

Tuesday was her ACTUAL birthday. So after we dropped off Rayleigh and Jack, Parker came with us to pick up my Mom at the temple and we headed to Lido Village. I told my Mom I wanted to check out Malibu Farms (which is a farm to table, super fancy restaurant) and she thought we were going to a petty zoo! Ha ha ha But she was game for whatever and that’s what makes her the best Nanny in the world! We had a yummy brunch right on the water and while Ella wasn’t on her best behavior (I think she was hangry), she was cute and opened a few little present and we had a good time. She sure acted spoiled when we were walking around; she shook her new mermaid doll in a fit of rage and the whole bottom came off and we all collapsed in laughter. It was so funny!
After brunch, we walked around Lido Village because we had never been there before! It was so cute and we wanna go back! I splurged on a Minnow swimsuit for her and she loved playing around.
We then went to Roger’s Gardens and chased her around as she explored the beautiful grounds. She really loved it there. I let her choose a little treat and she was in Heaven. I’m so glad my mom could spend the day with us! We had a great time!
We were early to pick up Rayleigh and Jack and let Ella play on the playground for a little while and got her a special ice cream treat. She totally zonked out on the way home.
We opened presents (tons of clothes and swimsuits and a few cute things from Claire’s) and Tanner’s coworker brought her balloons and a gift card! Sweet! Her primary teacher, Brandi, came over to wish her a Happy Birthday and it was an all around great day!!!

I love my little Ella Bella so much! On days when we can sleep in a little bit, she’ll hop into bed with me and sing in her little voice as we snuggle. She always wants a story before bed and still wants her blankies. She’s finding a new sense of independence but still wants/needs help with so many things. This year, I know she’s going to grow so much and I’m so proud of her. I hope she never stops singing, dancing, and being the little princess that she is!






















Such a good sharing girl with little baby Lucy

The primary sang to her and she got a candy bar! She was stoked!

















Parker did NOT want me to take this picture of him. ha ha




Broken Barbie parts 



















 

Comments