We're BACK! Disneyland and California Adventure!
WE. ARE. BACK!
I cannot put into words how happy I was to walk down Main Street with my kids again. Getting on our first ride, Pirates of the Caribbean, my heart was bursting with joy! I kept saying, "I'm so happy! I'm so happy!" I absolutely LOVE taking my kids to Disneyland. And even though we had some rough patches (mostly when the kids got hangry or the teenager was annoyed), it was truly a magnificent day. We were able to purchase 1 day park-hopper tickets and then upgrade to an annual pass once we were inside. YAYYYYYYY! We got on the new Star Wars ride which was the highlight of the day for Parker. And Ella is now tall enough for all of the big rides! This is a huge game changer for us because now we can ride almost every single ride together! We used to have to take turns or divide and conquer. Parker is also officially 14 now which means he can legally take the kids on rides without me. I took the girls on Splash Mountain while he took Jack on the Millenial Falcon ride. I was a little nervous about Ella on Splash Mountain, but she LOVED it! She also went on Space Mountain for the first time and LOVED it, Radiator Springs Racers and LOVED it, Soarin' Over the World and LOVED it, and even Guardians of the Galaxy and LOVED IT! She was so brave and such a trooper! I'm so proud of her and so happy!
We got dinner at Pizza Planet and beignets for dessert. I wished we could have stayed all night and watched the fireworks but we had early morning seminary the next day and I didn't want to push it. We spent almost 10 hours there and walked 5 miles. Thank goodness for the stroller! I forgot how hard it was to push a giant stroller around Disney! And I know they all weigh more now! My back was killing me the next day. I'm getting old. But it's alllll worth it!
We have plans to go back again twice next week and many more times this year! Hurray for the happiest place on Earth and the happiest kids on Earth!
2 funny stories about Jack:
We were in line for the new Star Wars ride and he was getting tired and hungry (lunch time). So, in an effort to distract him, I asked him what ride he wanted to go on next. He said, "I want to go on the car ride..... the car ride home." His comedic timing was impeccable and he had everyone within earshot cracking up.
When we entered the gigantic room where the Storm Troopers were, it was silent and serious. He walked in, threw both arms in the air and proclaimed, "I immediately surrender!" Once again, people were rolling with laughter! Jack, you are STILL our most entertaining child! We love you!!!
I promise, she loved it! Rayleigh didn't want to lose her mask lanyard.
Ray and Rey


























































Comments