Tanner's Grandpa LaThair's Funeral in Bear Lake

    Even though the reason for the trip up to Idaho was a sad one, we had a really nice time. The kids were perfect little travelers with 2 FULL days in the car (13 hours up and 12 hours back). Parker woke up with a fever, feeling the effects of his booster shot. I had him curl up in the back with a barf bag but luckily he did just fine and the kids only complained once or twice about a sore arm. We had no traffic and it was actually a relaxing day driving. I listened to a whole book! It was crazy trying to pack and prepare for a trip up to Idaho- we needed 2 church outfits, snow clothes, bathing suits, and comfy clothes! It was a lot but we packed it all in and were pretty organized (if I do say so myself). I drove the whole way up to Bear Lake and we crossed 6 state lines because we went up through a small part of Wyoming! When we arrive at the airbnb we were sharing with Kassidy and Bridger, it was perfect. And cold. But the kids played for about an hour and then literally put themselves to bed. They are such good kids!!!!!

    The next morning, I sent Tanner off with Kassidy to the family viewing so he could spend some meaningful time with his siblings and cousins. The kids played in the snow (soooo excited) and then I got them ready and cleaned up the airbnb before checking out and driving us to the funeral. We were about 10 minutes late so we snuck in the back but it was cool because the kids were able to look at the memorabilia they had displayed. They learned a little bit more about their great grandpa which was really nice.

    When the funeral was over, I didn't know where Tanner was so I loaded up the kids and drove to the cemetery. Tanner called me when I was almost there and he was not happy with me. Apparently, not only did I need to go back and pick him up, but we left before the procession! It was suuuuuper embarrassing driving BACK down the 2 lane street passing literally every single member of Tanner's family as they followed the hearse and I was driving the wrong way. "Heeyyyyyyyy....." Yikes. But the memorial service was really sweet and it was nice to hear some stories about LaThair. Monte said the Peterson's all lack patience and I thought that was funny. The cemetery was super muddy and they kids shoes got filthy which was unfortunate. But other than that, it was a beautiful day. The luncheon was fun and I'm glad Tanner got more time to catch up with his cousins.

After the funeral, we drove up to Pocatello and we all met up a trampoline park. The kids got all their wiggles out and had so much fun and then we went to Kaitlin's for dinner. I love being together!
Sunday, we missed church and the kids played outside in the snow again, but we pulled ourselves together in the afternoon (after chicken n rice) and made it to the baby blessing of Kaitlin and Travis' new baby, Bowen. He's a cutie! We went to Travis and Nicole's for dinner and I'm always so impressed with Nicole. She is such a great host and cook! We had a yummy dinner and the kids played and then we noticed it was snowing so the little kids all ran outside and built a snowman- it was a really nice evening!

    The next day, the kids all played in the freshly fallen snow while I went to Nicole's Barre class, which I loved! It felt so good! Monte pulled the kids around behind the tractor on the tube and then we went sledding with Nicole and the kids. It. Was. Freezing. But they had a blast and that lasted about a hour before we were all too cold. We had a little pizza party at Kim and Monte's before heading out to Lava Hot Springs. I was so looking forward to sitting in those hot pool and they did not disappoint! It felt soooo good to be warm! It was reallllly hot though and we didn't stay too long. We got Rupes for dinner which was so yummy and then the kids collapsed into bed. Parker was startled when he saw a flashlight shining in the front window and when Monte answered the door we were relieved to see that it wasn't a burglar, it was Jake Van Orden! I tried to get a little group of Tanner's together for lunch on Monday but Tanner didn't follow through and just left them hanging. Jake is a cop and was on night patrol so he stopped by and it was so good to see him and catch up!!!!

The next morning when we left, it was only 5 degrees. Brrrr. But we loaded up and headed out and were home by 7:30pm which was perfect. The girls had to say goodbye to the neighbor's cat which they tried to adopt. Once again, no traffic and perfect little travelers. It was Tuesday, 2-22-22 so we stopped at the Creamery in Beaver for 2 scoops of ice cream to celebrate. It was sooooo good- the perfect treat. I'm glad we were able to make this last minute trip happen. And I'm thankful for such a fun and loving Peterson Family!

*A note about Sunday: We had missed church and I was feeling frustrated with Tanner's lack of involvement with us (specifically the kids and helping me with them) Parker could sense our tension and called us out and we had a good talk on the way to church about how Satan tries so hard to get us to NOT go to church. I told Parker the reason why he doesn't want us to go is because it's SOOO important. If the church wasn't true, Satan wouldn't try so hard. It was a good teaching moment and Tanner was better about helping after that.

**Oh! And Rayleigh lost a tooth while we were there! But then she lost it. ha ha

Leaving our house at 6:30am





















The girls love Hardy Boy


























































So mad because the sled went this way instead of toward the dumpster.




















 

Comments