First Week of Fall Trimester
I really like year round school. This next trimester is the best because we have 3 full months of learning and then 7 weeks of holiday bliss! We packed our first week back to school with lots of accomplishments.
Rayleigh and Ella participated in a 3 day cheer clinic at the high school which culminated in a half time performance at the football game. They both LOVED it and it was extra sweet that Sophia could cheer with Ella. Last year, some girls from the ward did it too, but this year they didn't which was a relief for me. Rayleigh and Ella were on cloud 9 at the football game. They loved everything about cheer- pumping up the crowd, singing, dancing... it was adorable and I'm so glad they gave it their all.
Rayleigh and Jack both tried out for the swim team and MADE IT! I'm so proud of them! Jack really wants to play soccer but Tanner didn't sign him up like I asked him to, so they can both swim together for now and we'll see how it goes! I love that they can do this sport together.
Friday I was in charge of the Relief Society activity. Tanner made us delicious tacos and we ate them pool side at Julie's. It was a nice evening even though we had a poor turn out due to it being on a Friday.
Saturday Ray and Jack came with me to Salt Creek and we met up with Angel and the boys to sell treats and candy to earn money for Hawaii. Ella stayed home with Tanner because she threw up. There was a surf competition going on so the beach was packed and they earned over $200 in about 3 hours. It was hard work but they were enthusiastic little sales people. Jack was telling everyone that we were broke and that we needed money to go to Hawaii. I had to have a chat with him about NOT saying that. We eventually got shut down by the cops but it was good while it lasted. We made a quick visit to my parent's and even got to see Cami and the kids! We spent the rest of the afternoon swimming and relaxing at home.
But OH! While we were at the beach, Tanner got us a puppy. Just, randomly. His name is Chocolate Chip Cookie and he's been pretty cute so far. I still reserve the right to send him back to where he came from if he poops all over the place and barks all night. But so far, so good. The kids are in love and Jack cuddles him all day and says, "I love this puppy so much!" He was bonded to Ella at first but gets so excited now when the kids get home from school. He falls asleep with us at night while we are doing our bedtime reading. Chip might be here to stay!
Sunday was church and we had the missionaries over for dinner. Welcome to the Peterson home! The sisters sure got an earful! The kids (mostly Ray and Jack) told the sisters that Tanner got fired, that we are broke, that I kicked Tanner out of our bed and that he sleeps downstairs now, and that I yell a lot to get them to clean the house. That's not all but I can't remember now all of the mortifying things they said. We just laughed because the sisters don't care about any of that and it's like, "Hey Hey We're the Petersons!"
Monday was 9-11 and we had the most beautiful ceremony at school recognizing all of the heroes in our community. I had the chills and my eye welled with tears. God Bless America! One of our students' dad's is a police officer and he brought his motorcycle for us to all sit on and take a picture. I love working at Rondo!
Aaaaaannnnnd, Tanner started a new job with Rockwell and he's LOVING it so far. He is so happy. Hopefully we can start making all the money, now!
This week has been full and successful so far (I'm trying not to use the word "busy" anymore). Ray and Jack started swim team. Jack wanted to quit on the first day but I encouraged him to keep going and working hard and I would reward him at the end of the week. He's doing much better and I'm hopeful for a good experience for them! I helped in Ella's class and saw her give her oral presentation (she did great!) and she's been working so hard that she napped yesterday!
My goal is to be better at meal prepping so I'm going to focus on that for a while. But we are all happy and healthy and Parker is slaying school! Pretty soon he'll take his driver's test and life will forever change!
Let's do this, Petersons!




































.jpeg)
















.jpeg)




.jpeg)



.jpeg)






Comments