Getting Spooky in September
It’s been a hard few days. Jill has been in town and made plans to hang out with everyone and didn’t tell me. I was really looking forward to taking the kids to Disney on Friday after school and when she found out I was there, tried to meet up with me. But I was hurt and upset with her. I had a super fun time with the kids, though! Parker was at Youth Conference up in Big Bear so it was just me and the littles. We went on pirates and then ate beignets in our secret spot, and then watched the Haunted Mansion light up which was so cool! We rode that ride too and took a spin through Fantasy Land. It was a magical night and I love being at Disneyland with my kids!
Parker got home from Youth Conference on Saturday and he was exhausted. We cleaned and watched movies. It was a nice Saturday together.
Sunday was super scary because Jill decided to come to church and I was so worried that she would try and talk to me. Clearly, she knew I was upset because she was relentless trying to catch me but we never actually had the chance to chat. Tanner gave a great lesson in Sunday School though and despite my anxiety, we had a good day. I took Parker to a fireside with President and Sister Davis and President and Sister Ward who are 4 of my all time favorite people. They talked about how to prepare our youth to serve a mission and it was so good! The youth need to really experience the atonement and the gift of repentance in order to teach about it and they need to learn how to use their phones responsibly. It was a wonderful fireside!
The week was full of various activities: a fun lunch with Tanya who is back on the market!, swim team, dance, activity days for Jack, book club at Billie’s, our first MCO practice which was fantastic!, and another evening at Disneyland! This time, Parker was at the homecoming game and didn’t join us. But he DID ask a girl to homecoming! I forced the kids to stay for the Halloween fireworks at Disneyland which was fun.
Parker got home from Youth Conference on Saturday and he was exhausted. We cleaned and watched movies. It was a nice Saturday together.
Sunday was super scary because Jill decided to come to church and I was so worried that she would try and talk to me. Clearly, she knew I was upset because she was relentless trying to catch me but we never actually had the chance to chat. Tanner gave a great lesson in Sunday School though and despite my anxiety, we had a good day. I took Parker to a fireside with President and Sister Davis and President and Sister Ward who are 4 of my all time favorite people. They talked about how to prepare our youth to serve a mission and it was so good! The youth need to really experience the atonement and the gift of repentance in order to teach about it and they need to learn how to use their phones responsibly. It was a wonderful fireside!
The week was full of various activities: a fun lunch with Tanya who is back on the market!, swim team, dance, activity days for Jack, book club at Billie’s, our first MCO practice which was fantastic!, and another evening at Disneyland! This time, Parker was at the homecoming game and didn’t join us. But he DID ask a girl to homecoming! I forced the kids to stay for the Halloween fireworks at Disneyland which was fun.
Rayleigh was offered the opportunity to be in a swimming commercial with an olympic athlete so we made a reel tape of her. It was fun and she LOVES performing! It would be cool if she got it and I'm glad I have Shelley to help me. But it was a neat experience making the reel regardless if she get's the part of not.
On Saturday, I took the kids to a birthday party for a school friend and the girls had dance. It was fun to see people outside of school! Then Tanner and I left the kids at home and took Parker up to Glendora to go to Harrison’s birthday party. We are still trying to meet Harrison’s parents… I wanted that time in the car to talk to Tanner though because Jill is asking me if I’m upset and the answer is YES I AM. She came to town and went to dinner with everyone in Laguna on Monday night and that just about crushed me. My friends aren’t my friends anymore and I’m so beyond hurt. I feel like a loser and I’ve prayed so hard to know what to say to Jill and my only answer has been to tell the truth. So I’ve been telling her how forgotten I’ve been feeling and I know it’s hard for her to hear and I know it’s hurting her. But I feel so much better getting it all off my chest. I’m trying to set a boundary and stick to it. So I’m hoping I can heal and move on.
I made a spooky witches caldron candle apple station which was so fun and cute! We have been cuddling up to watch movies at night which is my favorite. Ray made an audition reel to be in a swimming commercial so we’ll see how that goes. PARKER GOT HIS DRIVERS LICENSE!!! I’m so proud of him! He’s still pretty nervous to drive but he has it and that’s a huge check off the list!
We went to Roger’s Garden and to the temple to do dealings with my parents which was such a special night. I had a cough attack and had to run out of the sealing room and was humiliated. But at least it was the temple and that’s a safe place. Parker went to the homecoming dance at the high school and had the best time! He said it was hardly a dance and there was food and games and even a gaming truck! So many people went and he was so happy- and tired the next day.
We cuddled up and watched conference and thought I was feeling very sad and upset about my friend situation, it was wonderful to hear from our dear prophet and apostles.
One story from this week that helps me to know that the church is try and the Lord is in the details and that He knows me…
Parker had brought home for me a special chocolate chip cookie, just for me. I hid it in the fridge outside until I really wanted it. A few days went by and after dinner with the kids I thought to myself, I could really use that cookie right about now. I was feeling drained and unloved and chocolate always makes me feel better. But when I went to find it, it wasn’t there. I asked Tanner if he ate my cookie and he said, “I ate A cookie, I didn’t know it was yours…” and proceeded to play the victim card and blame me which only made me feel worse. A few minutes later, around 7:45pm, there was a knock at the door. Who would be coming by at this time of night??? Well, it was the sister missionaries… with a plate of chocolate chip cookies for ME! I was shocked and it truly made me feel so much better! It wasn’t about the cookies. It was about know that I am cared about and thought of and loved.
The church is true, you guys! God loves us!
On Saturday, I took the kids to a birthday party for a school friend and the girls had dance. It was fun to see people outside of school! Then Tanner and I left the kids at home and took Parker up to Glendora to go to Harrison’s birthday party. We are still trying to meet Harrison’s parents… I wanted that time in the car to talk to Tanner though because Jill is asking me if I’m upset and the answer is YES I AM. She came to town and went to dinner with everyone in Laguna on Monday night and that just about crushed me. My friends aren’t my friends anymore and I’m so beyond hurt. I feel like a loser and I’ve prayed so hard to know what to say to Jill and my only answer has been to tell the truth. So I’ve been telling her how forgotten I’ve been feeling and I know it’s hard for her to hear and I know it’s hurting her. But I feel so much better getting it all off my chest. I’m trying to set a boundary and stick to it. So I’m hoping I can heal and move on.
I made a spooky witches caldron candle apple station which was so fun and cute! We have been cuddling up to watch movies at night which is my favorite. Ray made an audition reel to be in a swimming commercial so we’ll see how that goes. PARKER GOT HIS DRIVERS LICENSE!!! I’m so proud of him! He’s still pretty nervous to drive but he has it and that’s a huge check off the list!
We went to Roger’s Garden and to the temple to do dealings with my parents which was such a special night. I had a cough attack and had to run out of the sealing room and was humiliated. But at least it was the temple and that’s a safe place. Parker went to the homecoming dance at the high school and had the best time! He said it was hardly a dance and there was food and games and even a gaming truck! So many people went and he was so happy- and tired the next day.
We cuddled up and watched conference and thought I was feeling very sad and upset about my friend situation, it was wonderful to hear from our dear prophet and apostles.
One story from this week that helps me to know that the church is try and the Lord is in the details and that He knows me…
Parker had brought home for me a special chocolate chip cookie, just for me. I hid it in the fridge outside until I really wanted it. A few days went by and after dinner with the kids I thought to myself, I could really use that cookie right about now. I was feeling drained and unloved and chocolate always makes me feel better. But when I went to find it, it wasn’t there. I asked Tanner if he ate my cookie and he said, “I ate A cookie, I didn’t know it was yours…” and proceeded to play the victim card and blame me which only made me feel worse. A few minutes later, around 7:45pm, there was a knock at the door. Who would be coming by at this time of night??? Well, it was the sister missionaries… with a plate of chocolate chip cookies for ME! I was shocked and it truly made me feel so much better! It wasn’t about the cookies. It was about know that I am cared about and thought of and loved.
The church is true, you guys! God loves us!
Rayleigh's cute bed
Book club snacks






































































Comments