Halloween 2023
We started Halloween festivities a few days early.
On Saturday, we did chores and I got in a good workout. The kids are never too far away from me and it just reminds me that these truly are the good old days.
We left Tanner at home so he could write a talk for Sunday, do the laundry, and get new tires. I was sad that he wasn't going to spend the day with us but he was super excited. We dropped Parker off at my parent's house and did a little library circuit and got all of our In n Out gift cards. The kids were thrilled with the Laguna Beach library. Last time we were there, we left little notes for the fairies and the fairies write back and even gave them little gifts! So magical! I just love it in Laguna Beach so much! Such good vibes- it makes me happy.
We took Parker to the Ladera Trunk or Treat and then went to the Laguna Hills Trunk or Treat with my parents and my bestie. It was fun and so nice being around kind, good people. Jon brought Parker and Kim, Brody, and Noah to our Trunk or Treat and it was good to see them all! We stopped by a cool street in Aliso Viejo which goes all out for Halloween and decorates the cul de sac like Halloweentown. We dropped Parker off at my parents to stay for a few days and somehow made it home with 385 balloons in the back of my car.
Tanner did a great job on his talk the next day. I was super proud of him and he was given lots of compliments. He spoke about the fortress of God and really brought the spirit into the meeting. We tried to carve pumpkins after church but it was SO windy! I really wanted the kids to do their own pumpkins this year but they still needed quite a bit of help. It took us a few days to finally get them all the way carved.
Monday was a fun trunk or treat at school. Tanner had a meeting in North Hollywood and then a trunk or treat at work so he wasn't with us. But the kids had fun seeing all of their friends and our school family really showed up for the kids! I got really sad and emotional when I heard all of Ray's friends say that her teacher is extra tough on her. A mom over heard me and complained to the principal and I had to go to the principal's office a few days later. I was in trouble for not speaking kindly about her to other people. Whoops. He was really understanding, though, and I felt a lot better after I talked to him. But it does make me feel alone and sad that our happy Rondo bubble has been popped.
Tuesday was Halloween day and I was exhausted. We crammed in a lot the week before Halloween and I was kind of done. But I had to show up for my kids and make Halloween special and memorable so I came to school with my 3 Amigos shirt and had the best time during the costume parade with my 2 team teachers. All the kids looked so cute all dressed up. I helped Ella change back into her clothes after the parade and then caught her teacher YELLING at her in the hall for not going to the bathroom to change.Ohhhhh ,man, I was FUMING. This is a war now and I will WIN!
We played games and did activities all day and after lunch I was able to go into Jack's class to help with a big party. I was NOT invited to Ella and Ray's classroom parties but I walked into Ella's anyway and ignored her teacher. The kids had a blast all day and were so happy and that's all that matters!
After school, Tanner came home early and we got In n Out before hitting the town. We visited a fun carnival at the park and played on the inflatables and waited 30 minutes to do the Pirates house which was bigger and better than ever! We did a loop of trick or treating in our neighborhood and then drove over to Shannon's to trick or treat with friends. The kids now have a year supply of candy and it will probably take 7-10 days for their sugar high to wear off. Tanner was Velma from Skooby Doo. He and a bunch of co workers did a group costume but it was funny walking around with him that night because I was just wearing black and he was totally dressed up like a woman.
We listened to The Witches by Roald Dalh and watched the movie and I'm sightly convinced that Ray's teacher might be a witch. Ok, Ok, I know I'm being mean. SORRY! It just breaks my heart that she's soooooo hard on my sweet little Ray of Sunshine! If she could just show her an ounce of kindness, she would be so blessed by Ray's beautiful and guileless compassion. Same with Ella's teacher. I'm glad we only have 2 more weeks of school. The scariest part of Halloween was being sent to the principal's office. Hopefully things will get better. I'm going to stay in my lane and do my best to think happy thoughts and bite my tongue.
So many balloons back there!
My kinder class
Freeze dance!




















































.jpeg)
.jpeg)





















Comments