Nothing Like November
The last 2 weeks before going on our long 7 week break from school were jam packed! Both Rayleigh and Jack had school projects which I think turned out super awesome! Rayleigh's science fair project was: Does eating sugar before bed lead to a poor night of sleep? Tanner and I both wore glucose monitors for 2 weeks and then we made a big poster board with our findings and research. Jack's project was for his 3rd grade culture fair. We found an ancestor from Scotland and now we want to go to Scotland so badly! We researched Jack's Great Great Great Great Grandpa, Andrew Ferguson who came to America from Scotland. He was the oldest of 5 brothers and 7 sisters and when he was 9, the family was so poor that he had to quit school and work in the coal pits with his dad. Can you imagine???? He was married 4 times because each wife died- life was HARD back then.
We like to complain that life is hard now... but I think it's just more complicated. My word for 2024 is going to be "SIMPLIFY". (remind me so I don't forget).
I was also under a little pressure to get gifts for everyone at school for our last day. I'm not very happy with the girls' teachers so I didn't want to get them anything. I ended up getting them each a Crumbl cookie and a big box for all the other teachers and aides that I work with. I made a cute gift with a candle, socks, cookies... for Colleen and Mrs. Murphy. I love them so much! Colleen and I had a blast with the kinders on the last day of school- playing games, watching a movie, and having a big Friendsgiving Feast!
Speaking of Friendsgiving, we tried so hard to get our school friends together and it's been a little rough this year. But we pulled some friends together on Sunday after church at the park for some food and playtime. It was fun! Parker and Tanner didn't come because they had to get their pants hemmed by Billie.
Earlier that day, Tanner gave a great lesson in SS and I sat with Tanya which was great for both of us because Jill was at church again- awkward!
Sunday morning, as I was laying in bed enjoying my morning snooze, Rayleigh came into my room, got right up to my face and said, "Mom, Ella and I got down all of the Christmas boxes and pulled the tree in from the garage so we can start decorating!" How the kids legit got all of the boxes down, I have no idea. But they did!
But, I'm getting ahead of myself... last Saturday, after the girls had a make up dance class, we went down to OC for Noah's super fun birthday party at the park. It was so easy and fun and so nice just being together. The kids ran around and played and rode the ebikes all over the place while the adults just say and talked for hours. Poor Tanner had been up all night with Steve who passed away surrounded by angels on both side of the veil in the early hours of the morning. He is not doing well and is taking it very hard. He was home on Saturday night (we hadn't seen him since Thursday morning- he didn't even attend MCO because he was with Steve and the family) and then left Sunday morning for a conference in Palm Springs. I've barely had time to talk to him but I'm trying to give him space.
He was home from his conference on Wednesday and was feeling a bit better but still pretty solemn. The kids wanted to skip MCO and attended a combined Activity Days Friendsgiving at Erika's house.... they loved it! Tanner took Parker to MCO and I'm glad he was able to feel the spirit there.
In other news: I dyed the kids' hair and Rayleigh and Jack's hair dye came out pretty quickly after being in the pool for swim practice. Ella on the other hand.... her hair is STILL (as I'm writing this the day after Thanksgiving) bright pink. Go me for decided to dye the kids' hair right before family pictures again! Oh well, she DOES look pretty cute!
And I have to brag a little bit about Jack's artistic side. He is such an incredible drawer and even though sometimes his artwork is questionable and hilarious, he has a good eye. And he has a phenomenal ear, too! He is teaching himself Golden Hour on the piano and I'm very excited to get the piano fixed and tuned so he can really start to learn and play.
Parker is doing really well in school, still working at Crumbl, and obsessed with his new racing set up for the PS5. He's ready to graduate and go to Utah for school and I think he just might get there next year (or 2025... we'll see!) He's a behind the scenes guy and even though he looks like he wants to murder us in every picture, he is a happy, sweet guy and we love him so very much!
We are so happy for our 7 weeks of adventures! Let's get the party started!
Thanksgiving meal at school!
Everyone had to bring candy to school for their candy exchange with their buddies!







































Comments