Last Day of School Disney and Family Photos
I was very excited to celebrate the last day of school and the commencement of our big holiday break with a fun trip to the Happiest Place on Earth. Awkwardly, Jill was in town and was relentless about trying to meet up. We ended up seeing her at Redwood Creek and surprise surprise, Erika was there too. I was relieved when Courtney showed up. It ended up being a super fun night with everyone and the kids were happy which was a great success and a night and day difference from when we attempted this last year- which ended in disaster. Erika forced us all to take a picture in front of small world before the fireworks started and I was truly grateful for that because I love pictures! I wasn't planning on staying at the parks late because I knew the kids were exhausted but they totally rallied and watching the Christmas fireworks was my favorite. The lights and the music and the snow at the end is all so magical.
Luckily, I was able to ride a couple rides and have some special times with the kids before we met up with everyone. We lost Rayleigh for a second- she was anxious to walk ahead of us and I had to remind her of rule #1. We also stopped by the Magic Shop on Main Street which is Jack's new favorite. All in all is was a fantastic Disney Day despite the awkwardness with old friends. I'm thankful they wanted to include me though it was on THEIR terms and they probably thought it would be awkward if they randomly ran into me...
But the next day was spent in the company of true and lasting friends. We took family pictures together per our tradition and added a new element: Costco for dinner after! I'm bummed that most of our family pictures didn't turn out. They were either blurry or one of us is looking weird. Parker thought he was going to wear a hat in family pictures... so that was a whole thing. The location and timing was ideal though and I'm happy we attempted it, anyway. Tanner helped me clean up the house a little bit before we left and that made me so happy. He is so not a part of our family life- its sad and ridiculous. He is always MIA working or whatnot and when he's around he usually has such a bad attitude. But he was happy this day. Except when the ice cream machine was broken at Costco. That was a whole huge thing with him.... deep breaths. I'm grateful for his paycheck but man, this career choice is brutal. I'm hoping he starts making the big bucks so the stress levels come down a little bit because WE HAVE NO MONEY. Like, none. Who knew that being almost 40 we'd still be poor like we were when we were newlyweds (or worse!). Hopefully we can teach our children better. We have sufficient for our needs and the Lord always provides... but the stress isn't fun.
Anyhoo, I'm not giving up Disney! So there!

























































Comments