Holy Week
I was determined to make this week a better one. One of Tanner’s building’s was in survey so we literally didn’t see him all week… which was actually really nice. Life is a little less loud and angry when he’s not around. He’s so stressed about money and his compensation plan. And I don’t blame him!!! But he takes all of that frustration out on me/us and that’s not ok.
We had a pretty straight forward week with soccer and school and bedtime reading. On Wednesday, we had a primary Easter egg hunt and I invited everyone I knew. I think about 20 people came from school that I invited and about 12 from church showed up. I was so proud! My ward is so disappointing. The kids are not friendly and I’m grateful to families in the community who provide that social support. The Easter egg hunt was a fun success and then Nichole took the girls to her house while I took Jack to soccer. Then I had Bookclub that night! Stacked day!
Thursday, Ella had her first field trip and she did so great! I was sad to not get “chosen” to go with her. But she was happy. My friend took a video of her doing zen yoga while everyone else was running around at lunch time. That made me chuckle!
We had to miss open house because of MCO (and a little time spent with my parents) but at least I got to tour all of their classrooms the next morning. I’m so proud of all of their hard work this year!!!!
Friday after school, we all went to get haircuts and everyone did so great but man, it was $250!!! What!?! Sheesh! We snuggled in that night and had a super relaxing Saturday morning. I took an everything shower, put on a face mask, painted my nails, I even worked out. It was so nice! It was a rainy day so we postponed our family egg-stravaganza but it worked out because, though it was freezing cold, it stopped raining! We colored eggs, ate yummy food, and had a fun egg hunt. It’s the best being together with family. My mom was cute and brought flowers from Trader Joe’s for us to make our own flower arrangements. She also put scriptures in each kids specific egg (that had their name on it) so we could have a little spiritual thought during our family time. The kids sat in the hot tub and even swam in the heated pool (even though it was 54 degrees outside). They didn’t want to leave! Tanner was in a foul mood which put me in a foul mood. He’s so stressed about work/money- like always. His mood swings so quickly that it gives me whiplash because when we got to Ladera and for the rest of the day, he was happy! But in the morning he was so grumpy!!!!
Easter was so nice. The kids woke up at 5:45am so I made them stay in their room until I was awake. I ended up falling asleep and not waking up until 8:30 and they were happily playing games together in their room. They were so cute and said sorry for waking me up. But they were hungry! And excited to see what the Easter bunny brought. We ran downstairs and they hunted for eggs (all filled with money!)
We had a yummy breakfast and a special Easter sacrament meeting. We spent the day relaxing as a family.
Because of Him, we can be a family forever and that is the greatest gift!
Ray lost a tooth!!!


























































.jpeg)












Comments