March Is Flying By
March is flying by. January took forever but we are almost going off track again and Parker will be coming home and it's all just flown by!
We celebrated Dr Suess/Read Across America/Book Fair week and each day was a fun theme. The kids twinned with their friends, got special treats every day like ice cream from a real ice cream truck, and we read lots of Dr Suess.
Parker has been doing so great at school. He's all registered for next semester and making plans. He's having so many cool experiences singing with the University Choir. He attended the Bednar's special devotional and loved it so much. It was very candid and so good!
I went to bookclub at Kathie Brooks' house on Wednesday and it happened to be Cami's birthday. My mom was throwing her a beautiful birthday dinner complete with strawberry shortcake and I was lucky enough to join before scooting off to bookclub.
It's been really rainy and windy and cold and it seems like every Thursday we get the worst weather. That means that I need to be outside hanging on to an umbella and freezing my butt off while I get the kids to and from their cars. But I love it. It's actually really fun! The kids are doing so well at MCO and it's always the highlight of the week being able to see my parents for a little dinner while the kids get ready for bed. I'm thankful for my car that has gotten us all over SoCal safely with all of this weather.
Tanner was in San Diego for a conference and he loved it. He was super stoked to meet up with people, make connections, and he felt like it was a little bit of an ego boost since he's doing so well and starting his own company.
I didn't want him to feel like I was ditching him when he got back, but I had a fun dinner out with the Rondo moms on Friday night which we had all been looking forward to for a long time.
Saturday, Kari and my parents and I took Cami to lunch for her birthday. Rayleigh and Jack stayed with Brody and had a blast. We ate at a place called Zesty Olive and it was so good. Tanner took Ella on a 1:1 date and they shopped at Claire's and saw the movie Dog Man.
Last week was full of the regular stuff: piano lessons, soccer when it wasn't raining, MCO, school, activity days, and time with friends. Rayleigh had a super fun glow in the dark volleyball game for mutual. Friday Tanner and I had a super fun date at Tspoons Cooking class. We met some cool people including a pediatrician who's been in practice for over 40 years. It was really fun getting to know him and his wife a little bit.
Rayleigh's teacher miscalculated her GPA and she actually earned honor roll but didn't get recognized at the assembly. She was so sad and cried- sweet thing. But her teacher made it up to her by recognizing her in front of the class and I'm so glad I was able to be there! She is such a smart girl and so conscience about her grades. I'm so proud of her!
Jack... did not get any awards. ha ha In Fact he had to sign the book because when the teacher turned on Bill Nye the Science Guy he sang, "Bill Nye makes babies cry." So funny, but yes, he got in trouble. He also got in trouble for spilling the beans to the class (innocently) about how Ella's teacher is going to be the new 5th grade teacher next year. Even I got in trouble with the principal for that one. But he was a big jerk about it so....
Saturday, we did chores and got the whole house clean. Tanner got a class done super quickly and was able to come with me to Ella's super cute cheer performance. She did so great! My little ball of fire! We then ran to Jack's soccer game. They lost but Jack scored an amazing goal- taking the ball from one side of the field all the way down and scoring! It was a great moment!
We wanted to celebrate at Top Golf but there was a huge long wait so we took the kids to a Japanese place near home and then spent the evening singing karaoke together. It was so fun!
Sunday, we had the sister missionaries over for dinner and Jack's friend Alec came too! The kids played, made a leprechaun trap, and we played in the hot tub. Another great Sunday in the books.


























































Comments