This Week 3/17-3/23 St Patrick's Day!
The kids worked so hard on their leprechaun trap but that sneaky fellow got away! He sent the kids on a crazy treasure hunt before school and they were happy with their loot. We all wore green and had a fun day at school. Mrs Kliss was out of town skiing in Mammoth so it was fun to spend the day with Bettina despite Teddy giving us a run for our money. We had a cool BMX bike assembly, too!
After school, we had a last minute treasure hunt at the park with Haley and a few friends from church. Our ward is so tiny now compared to how it was. It makes me sad! But we had fun and then rushed off because the kids had piano lessons. I tried to hurry and make dinner but it wasn’t ready in time. So we took Ella to her final cheer performance and she did so great! She earned a trophy and was so cute with all her little friends. Sparxx is such good vibes and we love Coach Michelle! We finally made it home around 7pm for dinner but it was worth the wait. The corned beef and cabbage and mashed potatoes were so good! We had rainbow jello and leprechaun pie for dessert and we all went to bed happy.
Tuesday was a nightmare. Day 2 of Mrs. Kliss being gone and Teddy was horrible. I went down to the office and came back to him screaming at the top of his lungs because Bettina wouldn’t turn on another video. We called the Principal and he took Teddy for a walk and let him play with big sticks and rocks on the playground. He did not help at all! Teddy was horrible all day and wouldn’t come in and get hand sanitizer after recess so I sat there with him for a half an hour. The whole class went to the library and came back all in that time. Lisa Marie finally got him in but he was awful. The worst part was that Ella was sick down at the office and I couldn’t go see her. So I took her home at noon. Before I left, I told Dr D how hard Teddy was being and he mansplained to me emotional regulation for kids and said I should know a thing or 2 about that because of my “oldest daughter”. I wanted to punch him in the face right there. What a jerk!!!!!!!!!!
Poor Ella hasn’t been feeling her best and said he hurt to pee so I took her to the doctor and sure enough she’s got a UTI- probably from not wiping properly because he’s had diarrhea the last few days, too. Poor baby. I got her all snuggled up and then went to pick up Ray and Jack from school. Luckily I caught a noon supervisor to let Ray and Jack know that I took Ella home. Takes a village! I was so grateful that RaShelle was bringing us dinner that night! She owed me from way back in May when I took her daughter’s graduation pictures. I was reaching out to see if she could help watch the kids while both Tanner and I are at retreat next weekend…. But then I remembered she should have brought me dinner a million years ago. Dinner couldn’t have come at a better time because I was having a horrible day. She was also able to take Ray to mutual! They were watching the girls play lacrosse at the high school at 5 and Jack has soccer at 6 so I was going to have to haul all the kids from place to place. So that was a huge help. And THEN, Tanner came home right when RaShelle and Ray were leaving and he was able to take Jack to soccer so whew! I sat down next to Ella and we ate dinner together and I took a shower and washed that day away.
Wednesday thank goodness Colleen was back! We had Synergy rally and school was good. I worked out and had some lunch after I got off work because I HAVE to prioritize myself or else I get left behind! There’s never enough time! Then I ran to pick up the kids and dropped them off so I could get my car washed and pick up food for Relief Society. Meanwhile, Amelia got dropped off for Activity Days and when I got home, we got all set up for that. It was kinda crazy hosting this glow party because Lisa only had one activity planned that took 5 minutes. Ella also invited Sophia and she wanted to play inside my house and jump on the trampoline but everyone was supposed to stay in the garage. So… it was just mildly chaotic. Everyone left and I rushed to get ready for our combined Relief Society Birthday celebration. I brought a charcuterie and veggie tray and felt badly that they weren’t cuter but I did my best and at least I showed up! It was at the Bishop of the other ward’s nice big house. We atr yummy food, got to know each other, and watched the broadcast from salt lake. It was really nice and I was home by 8pm!
Tanner was out in the hot tub with Ella when I got home and Ray and Jack were watching YouTube so I told them to get ready for bed and I took a shower and went to bed myself because I was EXHAUSTED.
Thursday we didn’t have MCO, so after school i was able to go with the kids to Open House at their school. I was a little nervous for some reason but it was so good to see the girls classrooms and see how proud they were of all their hard work. It’s fun to see friends and everyone was happy. Tanner met us there and took Jack to his classroom since I’m too scared to go in there. Then he took him to soccer. I took the girls home and then went to Bookclub at Bev’s house and it was so fun! We had a great discussion and then sat around her lovely table and ate a yummy meal of corned beef and little side dishes that everyone brought. It was really nice and super fun!
Friday was a little bit redemptive. Bettina was back subbing but Mrs. Kliss was there in the classroom, too, doing testing. Teddy was horrible for Bettina but didn’t get away with it because Colleen was there. He screamed in the hallway several times. It was a crazy day though cuz we had a tour of the school so each class could see the other classrooms all set up for open house. Then, we had the Lizard Wizard. AND, we had a fire drill. I stayed all day to help get stuff off the walls for Colleen. I was GOING to help Ella’s sweet teacher who’s been sick all week and getting married in 2 weeks! But she was out sick that day and told me to wait on helping her. But at the fire drill, Ella told me that a 6th grader from her buddy class had stolen this cute keychain that Tanner had gotten her on their one on one date. It was sitting on the 6th graders desk during the morning tour and EVERYONE saw it! I asked the 6th grader about it and she denied it so I took it up to admin and sadly, the girl lied and they are going to have to escalate. I feel so bad for sweet Ella. But lesson learned, don’t bring toys to school!!!!! And also don’t buy over priced key chains from Claire’s.
I was exhausted after school so I laid out in the sunshine on the trampoline and then Tanner and I attended a devotional at our bishops house. It was nice! Before we went in, we were able to watch a live stream of Parker's BYUI Choir performance which was so good! I'm so proud of him!
Saturday, we spent the morning doing chores. Tanner was amped up to take Jack golfing and was disappointed when I reminded him that he promised to take my car in for service. But gratefully, he did and the kids helped me get the house cleaned up. Jack had a soccer game and they were neck and neck. He scored a fantastic goal and ended up winning the game. It was a beautiful day and nice to sit outside with Tanner. Jack was scouted by a club coach and he’s excited to play MORE soccer- if that works out.
After soccer, the boys were invited to Jeremy’s house to watch the BYU basketball game. They won and are going on to the sweet 16! I’m proud of Tanner for being forgiving after Jeremy and those guys have been so exclusive. Jack had a blast riding bikes around the neighborhood with Austin and Jackson. They both had a great time and even saw fireworks from Monarch Beach Resort. Oh! And Disneyland fireworks on the way home!
The girls and I watched Now and Then and made popcorn. It was nice and chill.
Today is Sunday and the sun is shining and we are all happy and looking forward to a nice relaxing day.





























































Comments