No school on Monday and then I got a bit of a stomach bug on Thursday and Friday. I always feel badly when I miss school. When I was dropping the kids off on Friday, Jack realized that he forgot his backpack. So I had to run home and get it for him. When I got back to the school, Ray was in the office complaining of a stomach ache so I took her home with me. She was fine. But I was able to rest and relax a lot and do lots of laundry.
Friday night was the school dance and it was so fun! Shannon nailed it again with the Italian food and decor and balloons and even a cool robot dancer guy and stilts! I had fun dancing with my little buddies. Ray looked beautiful and had a great time. Jack ran wild with the boys. Ella was cute and all her friends danced the night away. Tanner met up with us after work. When the Rondo moms gathered to take a picture together, Desiree fell down drunk on top of a kid on the dance floor and what a scandal that was! They had to get a ride home and the kids were super embarrassed and we all feel super badly for her. So much drama and I bet she’ll get fired… we shall see.
Saturday, Jack had soccer pictures and Tanner and I sat in the hot tub for a couple hours. It was a pretty chill day. I asked Chat GPT to help me visualize my perfect life in 10 years and it was quite enlightening! The future is bright!
Sunday, I took Jack with me to my parent’s ward to hear my dad speak in church. He did such a good job- relating his favorite quotes from prophets and apostles and giving his 2 cents. It was uplifting and inspiring and it was also super fun to be in my home ward. We had to head home right after sacrament meeting because Rayleigh had a birthday party. She doesn’t get invited to a lot of parties so I wanted to make sure she made it. It was for her friend Hunter who’s been a little protector for her. And his little sister is in my class. She was also having a hard time at school so I helped her feel confident to walk into class and Hunter helped Rayleigh feel loved and accepted and I think that’s really beautiful.
One bad thing is that I woke up with pretty gnarly pain in my upper right quadrant. I scanned my gallbladder but couldn’t really tell if anything was wrong. But SOMETHING was definitely wrong. It hurt for about 5 days AND then I started my period. (A couple days late). I was a hot mess. But loaded up on pain meds, I survived.
Monday, Colleen and I felt like we will FINALLY have a normal week and get into a good routine but no. We had leadership day, a lock down drill, a fire drill, and crazy times with kids. Also all my pain and health problems. But it was a fun week and it went by fast.
Tuesday, even though my gallbladder was killing me, I took the girls to Disney. I had to walk slow and we went on easy rides like Nemo. But it was fun to be with them. We watched God, Are You There, It’s Me, Margaret by Judy Blume on the way home. That movie it straight up Ray’s ally right now. It was good girl time with my girls. Meanwhile, Tanner took Jack to soccer and everyone was happy.
Wednesday was Tanner’s birthday. The big 4-3! Earlier in the day, Ray got hurt feelings in class and went to the nurse with a tummy ache. They called me down and I had a chat with her and we got her into see the school counselor. She missed about an hour and a half of class and I felt so sad for her. She tried so hard that day to look cute and I think she was expecting to be treated a little better. I stayed all day and had a good talk with her teacher at lunch. I’m so thankful for her. Rayleigh loves her and she’s so sweet. I helped my PTA rondo mom friends set up for the book fair and by the end of school, Rayleigh was much happier. It was a complete 180 from her crying on her knees begging me to let her go home at 10:30 that morning. She had her whole class sign a birthday card for Tanner. Then I took the kids to Party City to stock up on supplies and get Tanner come balloons. He was in San Diego working so we decided to meet at Cheesecake Factory at the Spectrum for dinner. It’s kind of “our place” to go as a family which is cute. The kids love it and we had a really nice dinner together. Tanner was happy!
And the good news is that at dinner, I texted Brother Bob to see who I should contact about my gallbladder and he called me right back! He’s just the best. I love him.
Thursday was MCO and a sweet visit to my parents. Jack went to soccer and Nichole brought him home so we didn’t stay with my mom and dad for too long. But my poor mom had a little stumble at the temple earlier that day. She bumped her face on the tile on the way down and had two bruised eyes and a swollen nose. She was bleeding all over when it happened but stayed for her whole shift! I couldn’t believe it. She is a trooper!
Friday came fast and it was a good day. I let the kids shop the book fair after school and $80 later, everyone is happy. I went with Ray to the temple with the youth that evening. No one drove with me so I chatted with Parker the whole way home which was nice. He’s doing so great! I’m so proud of him! He’s got lots of fun plans for when he gets home. But Ray was so cute at the temple. I let her do her thing and went back to do some initiatories and then sat in the celestial room for a few minutes. She was so sweet putting a few names on the prayer roll. My mom’s next door neighbor had premie baby on Wednesday. Only 1.5 pounds. She wrote the sweetest message on the paper. I think she thought she had to be specific in her prayer. She also wrote something for my mom, that she would heal quickly from her injuries. That girl just melts my heart. I love her.
Saturday, Jack had his first soccer game and he made 2 goals and they won! Woo hoo! I love his energy! He’s just the bestest kid ever. Then Tanner planned a date for us to go golfing and even though I was freezing cold, it was nice and Tanner was happy. We got to spend time together, finally, and one guy we were with hit a hole in one!
February had it's ups and downs, 'tis life! But I think overall we are coming out on top.

























































Comments