1:1 Dates, Huntington Library, Parties, Follow the Star

 Monday I snuggled up on the couch with the kids and worked on my CMEs while they played the PS5.  Now that Parker is gone and they have full access to it, they are really enjoying it! I don’t mind that they play for hours because they play together. They don’t get along SUPER well, in fact, I’ve had to starting charging them money every time they annoy each other and scream. But they can’t stay away from each other and that to me means that actually want to be around each other and they love each other. Hopefully.

But Parker called and was super happy because he was enjoying his first P day in the mission and got to play Dungeons and Dragons at Brother Collette’s house. He even had them “slay a boar” in the game and then busted out 2 Cafe Rio pork burritos. Parker thought that was the best thing ever and being in Brother Collett’s fully decked out D&D room really impressed Parker. He was happy (and tired) and that made ME happy!
Tanner and I drove down to San Diego that evening and enjoyed a really nice dinner out with the Bayshire Crew at Vaga. For basically the first time ever, I came just as I am. I didn’t try too hard or feel the need to impress anyone. I felt confident just being myself and it felt REALLY good. Half of the wives are young moms and I’m so impressed with how they show up for their husbands. I know being in that stage of life with babies and toddlers and a husband who works long hours is HARD. But they are doing a wonderful job and I just had to share with them how impressed I am with them. Dinner was super yummy and the drive was nice with Tanner. It was a 5 star night.

Tuesday we really didn’t have any plans so we did some more cleaning and organizing and I worked more on my CMEs. The kids got busy doing arts and crafts in the garage and riding bikes around the driveway. I ran a few errands and made a good dinner before Tanner took Ray to mutual. They drove around and looked at Christmas lights. I tried to get everyone, including myself, ready for bed early to lay down and read together because we’ve been staying up way too late. It was nice and good to relax together.

Wednesday I was feeling so pooped but we took it easy in the morning and then we loaded up the car and brought a ton of stuff to the Goodwill Warehouse in Mission Viejo. Then we grabbed my mom and headed to Laguna. We got to the Royal Hawaiian an hour before the opened so we sat at Heisler Park and let the kids run along the beach while we sat and chatted and it was sooooo gorgeous. It was like 89 degrees that day and the sun was shining and the water was crystal blue. The flowers were brilliantly colorful and the sun made the ocean sparkly which is my favorite.

We ate an early dinner at the Royal Hawaiian and the vibes were on point! We truly felt like we were in Hawaii that afternoon! It was a gorgeous day and the food was super good! Ray asked for a pina colada and I thought, “why not??” So we ALL got pina coladas and that was a BIG mistake because after I paid the bill, I realized each drink was $14 and we spent half the meal on just those fruit juice drinks. Ugh. Oh well. Mistakes were made and I repented.

By this point, the kids were fed and wiggly so we dropped them off at Main Beach park and then walked to the Chocolatier. Yummm. Cordials are my favorite and Peppertree Lane was decorated so cute for Christmas! THE BEST. A nice young woman complimented my mom and I about our matching Christmas earrings and just how cute we looked out and about together. So sweet! We sat down and watched the gorgeous sunset while the kids played and it was a perfect Laguna Beach day in December.

We got back to my parents house and made my dad some ramen because he didn’t get the experience the $14 pina coladas with us and the kids all took showers and baths before we headed home. We are almost done with the 3rd Hunger Games book and it’s soooo incredibly violent. I don’t know if we can watch the movie! But the kids are into it so…..

Thursday I took the kids on 1:1 dates. We drove down to Laguna Hills again and I dropped off the girls at my parents house (they are at the temple) and took Jack to the Pancake House for breakfast. He LOVES breakfast and got a yummy bacon waffle which he HOUSED. I told him all the ways I loved him- his humor, creativity, the way he treats his friends, and how honest and honorable he is. I am so proud to be his mom! And even though he’s a gigantic annoying spaz, I know that energy and hilarity will mature into adulthood and he’s going to be a super dynamic and awesome young man. And old man! We stopped by 7-11 and bought 2 lottery tickets: one for him and one for me because the jackpot is $1 Billion and I really think we are going to win this time! We talked about how we would spend the money: he wants to buy houses all on the same street for all his friends so they can play all the time. And he wants to buy Tanner a plane. And he wants an apartment in NYC. I drove him through Nellie Gail to browse homes and then over to my old neighborhood and told him stories from my childhood. He was amazed that all of my friends lived just a few houses away and that I could ride by bike all over to play with them anytime I wanted to. The 80s and 90s were such a dream to grow up in.

Next, I took Ella to get a special treat (Boba) and to the Head Spa to get pampered! She was a little nervous at first but then she LOVED it. She went first and then I enjoyed it and boy was it nice! They washed our hair and massaged our scalps. They rubbed our necks and shoulders and arms and hands. Ahhh, pure bliss. I loved when the water was running under that rainbow squirter thing and my eyes were closed and she was massaging my arms. It felt so good and relaxing!

Last up was Rayleigh for her 1:1 date and we went to Color Me Mine at the Kaleidoscope. We had never been there before and it was really cute! Very pricey. Ray chose a cat figurine and matched Winston’s coloring. I chose a little heart shaped Christmas ornament. We sat in comfortable silence for the majority of the time. Ray is so sweet and sometimes chatty, sometimes not. She was so patient to wait all day and be the last child to get her 1:1 date. But I got her some garlic knots and we had a nice time together.

We raced back to my moms to pick up Ella and Jack (who was at the park the whole time). We went to MCO and were a little late but we made it and I cannot wait for the concert! It’s going to be beautiful!

Friday, I had the unfortunate ordeal of having my blood drawn for lab work. It was nearly impossible to find an appointment and I had to get the work done on days 3-5 of my cycle. And also I had to be fasting. I went to Lab Corp a half an hour away at 7am and when I got there they said our insurance only takes Quest. So I had to race over to a Quest lab and wait to be seen as a walk in. But I got it all done! Whew!
Then I picked up the kids and we had a wonderful day at the Huntington Library. It had been many years since I’d taken them there and they didn’t remember it at all. But they LOVED it and we had a great time learning and exploring. They played in the children’s garden and we strolled the botanical garden. The artwork on display was all about ending racism and it was uncomfortable but really good. We walked down to the Japanese gardens and the kids loved that. It’s so beautiful! It was a warm day and we dressed for chilly weather so we were hot. But we stayed until sunset and left feeling so happy.

We ended the day at the Honda Center to see Disney on Ice with our school friends. We stopped by a cute diner called Billy Boys for dinner and then headed to the show. We had VIP parking and box seats in a suite! Thanks Kristina! Jack had a blast with Alec and Wyatt and Ella loved being with Aurora and Maribel. It was a really cute show and we sang along to the songs and munched on popcorn and M&Ms. By the time we got home that night (around 10:30) we were TIRED.

Saturday morning came early, foggy, and chilly. But we made it to the last big MCO rehearsal and I did my parking lot job. Apparently, I’m getting promoted. Not sure how I feel about that. After rehearsal, we gathered at my parents house for a little birthday party for Ben. 19!!! I was sooo tired that my mom told me to go lay down on her bed and I totally fell asleep. I NEVER take naps! So that was extraordinary. Cami brought Ben and Noah over to have a little birthday celebration for Ben who turned 19! She made us sandwiches and we sang to Ben and it was really nice.
There was horrible traffic driving home but we made it and then I dropped Rayleigh off at her secret santa party with her friends. She had the BEST time and has the sweetest friends! They had a Christmas tea party and played games and then they each got each other a secret santa gift. Shriya was Ray's secret santa and she got Ray an adorable cat sweatshirt and the nicest card! I'm so thankful for these friends of Ray's!
Tanner and I reluctantly went to Dr D's for my work party. We ate some tacos, played a couple games, and mingled for a minute. We were in and out of there in less than an hour!
Sunday was church and chores and a favorite Christmas tradition, Follow the Star! It was beautiful as always and we loved admiring all of Sister Goodfellow's creche displays. We then headed to Mission Viejo for Sing Noel. Kimmie was participating and it was really wonderful. It was fun to see so many familiar faces and Tanner was extra happy.
What a wonderful week we had! One for the books, for sure! Merry all the way!




























































































































Comments