Christmas Tree Tour 2025
This year's tour was so great! We started off per the usual at the Shake Shack and then headed down to the steps to eat warm french fries and sip Oreo shakes on the beach. The nice gals at the Beachcomber took our picture by the tree and though the weather looks frightful, I can assure you, it was an oddly warm day for this time of year.
We then headed to the Montage where Jack was being obnoxious, got disciplined by Tanner, and then rebelled and ran crying to the car. Don't worry, security kept an eye on him. The girls found Seashell, the Elf, and received a prize at Paintbox (The kids club). The tree was not lit up outside but we could imagine how beautiful it looked at night. The gingerbread village was cute and the man playing the piano in the lobby is always a special treat.
Jack wanted some alone time to cool off in the car so we took the girls to the Ritz for some hot chocolate and a classy stroll. No big trees or gingerbread displays there this year.
By now Jack was feeling better and it's a good thing, too, because Tanner planned to treat him to a little shopping spree at the Van's store at the San Clemente Outlets. The girls and I enjoyed the decorations around the outlets while Jack got 2 new pairs of shoes and then we all found the Giving Machines. We took some time deciding as a family what to buy and ultimately got hygiene kits and soft, clean bedding for a family of 4. Nothing beats climbing into a nice, warm bed at the end of the day and that is a gift that will truly keep giving all year. We are so thankful for the opportunity to participate in the Giving Machine charity work. Our church is awesome!!!!
And we finally found Santa! Whew! I was getting worried! The kids can never really decide what they want for Christmas... they are not picky about "things". But I think Jack said he wanted a drawing ipad, Rayleigh wants to fix the VR controllers, and Ella wants a toy baby otter in a bag. I was relieved to run into Santa because I too needed to ask him for something. The TV in our room isn't working so I asked him to bring me a new one! Let's hope I'm on the nice list!
By now we were feeling hungry and have been wanting to check out the restaurant where Tavian works so we headed to Sonny's for dinner. It's a cute little Italian place in Downtown San Clemente. He wasn't working that day because he's adventuring in Zion with some buddies. But, The kids got pizza and Tanner and I got pasta and it was pretty good! We ended our meal in time to head to the pier to watch the sunset and take a picture near the tree. I think the tree at the end of the pier at sunset is my favorite. Tanner and I were feeling happy and romantic and Ray took it upon herself to snap some smoochy pictures of us.
We ended at Dana Point Harbor but were disappointed to realize that they whole wharf is under construction! We still managed to snap a picture by the Merry Kiss Me sign and browsed some cute shops. But you win some and you lose some. When we got home, the kids stayed downstairs and played Fortnite (their new obsession which is oddly kinda nice because they play together and don't fight) and Tanner and I had a romantic "stay at home" date watching the Holiday (on my laptop) and eating popcorn and chocolate.
It was a perfect day.
Well, except for Jack having a melt down.
But it all ended on a high note!
Another Christmas Tree Tour wrapped!





























































Comments