The Magic Castle, Activity Days, Newport Beach Boat Parade, the LH Ward Party, and the Rondo Moms
Oh what fun we had this week!
The morning after the MCO concert I had to set my alarm and get to an ultrasound by 8am. I'm on a journey for my health and doing the necessary labs and tests to get a proper diagnosis. But I came home, finished up my CMEs (yay!) and took the girls to play practice before Tanner and I headed for LA to experience the Magic Castle for the first time! We invited Jon and Laura to come along and we had the best time together! LA was such a vibe and the Magic Castle exceeded all expectations. It's very exclusive and you have to be invited by a member to gain access (much like Club 33). One of Tanner's employees is a magician and got us in. The dress code is strictly enforced and you MUST dress up. Everyone looked fabulous. Once inside (through a secret door), no photography is allowed. So you'll have to just trust me when I say that this "castle" built in 1908 (way before LA was a huge bustling city) was so elegantly and ornately designed. There are 3 stories of rooms each with it's own unique magician performing tricks and providing the best entertainment. It was so fun! And mind blowing! Like, how did that girl levitate that baton? And we were laughing all night. The comedy was on point.
Dinner was LATE. 9:45 and we had been out late the night before and up early that morning. But dinner was delicious and the perfect way to end the night. We all indulged in steaks and sides and dessert. It was wonderful. I'm so glad Jon and Laura could go with us! Tanner and I were so happy and really enjoyed this time together.
Wednesday was a blessed "chill" day. Every day there are a few tasks to complete to get ready for Christmas and I've got a running list of side quests. But the only thing planned for that day was Yogurtland for Activity Days. We had enough money left over in the budget to take everyone and they really enjoyed that. That night I snuggled up with the kids while Tanner went out with the old North American people. I don't know why, after 2 years of excluding us, they decided to include us this year. I'm sure they felt badly and were trying to mend things. But I was NOT about to go. If even ONE of them had reached out to me either before or even after, I would have maybe felt persuaded. But no one did and that's fine! I feel good knowing that they are trying to be better and I'm glad Tanner went and had a great time. He was happy and said everyone was really nice! I'm grateful for the clarity and inspiration I've received this year, especially at the Women's Retreats, to know that my energy is BEST spent on my own intimate circle of influence- my children and my immediate family.
Thursday was my much anticipated doctor's appointment. It was very disappointing in that I received NO answers and left with only an order for a very painful endometrial biopsy. So, I took a bag of shoes to Goodwill, brought chocolates to my chiropractor's office and got a massage and then I felt a little better. That afternoon, I took the kids to Newport! We started off with a stroll around Rogers Gardens and then headed to Balboa Island for dinner. The kids were super well behaved as we waited quite a while for our dinner. I colored with Ella and it was nice. We then walked around the island and sat to watch the Newport Beach Boat Parade and it was super fun!! The vibes are always so great. Everyone is happy and kind to one another. It was a really nice night with my kids.
Friday, Jack and Ella had piano lessons and sweet Sister Graves stopped by with a little gift just for Rayleigh. Rayleigh loves the Graves so much and gives them hugs and affection every time she gets to see them. Brother Graves has been suffering with eye cancer but he was at church last Sunday and that made Rayleigh so happy! She was giving him the biggest loves! Sister Graves is a true legend and really sets the bar for kindness. We love her and are so thankful for her influence in our lives!
We headed to Laguna Hills for the ward Christmas party. It was Italian themed so Angel had the primary kids learn a traditional Italian Christmas song and then she shared some of her memories of serving in Italy during her mission and some of the fun traditions there. She did an amazing job. It was so fun to see so many sweet, familiar faces. Everyone was so kind and loving and made my heart feel so warm. Shannon Cotton sang the most angelic song and came up to Angel and me after and invited us to her home in Wales! Yes please! I'm adding that to my bucketlist for 2026!
I snuck over to the Rondo Mom's Christmas party when we got home from Laguna Hills and hung out with the ladies for an hour or so. The vibes were different but still good. I'm grateful for my little village and those ladies know how to party!
What a fun and festive week as had. We stuck to traditions, made amends, and felt the peace and joy this season has to offer. We are merry!












































Comments