St. Patrick's Day
This week had some lucky and some unlucky moments. I was lucky to be able to spend a couple hours at the Montage with Angel on Monday. We've had a heat wave descend and it was supposed to be nearly 90 degrees at the beach... but it was foggy. It wasn't too chilly though! Angel and I brought snacks and sat on the beach and watched the waves as we chatted and it was really nice!
The kids and I finally finished reading Project Hail Mary and started Remarkably Bright Creatures. Jack had to make a leprechaun trap for school and Ella made one with her little buddy at school so the kids were all out of trap ideas the night before St. Patrick's Day. The best they could come up with was a sign that said, "Stay here." But it didn't work.
The leprechaun sent them on a scavenger hunt to some goodies, though! So that was fun and lucky! But he used our toilet and make it green. Gross! Tanner got "sent to the principal's office" and was told to work harder which was unlucky and stressed him out. But we had yummy corned beef and cabbage for dinner and rainbow jello for dessert!
Ella started tutoring this week to help with her math and she really likes it so far (so much that she lays in bed to do math before she falls asleep). But she forgot on the first day and was standing on the corner alone (I'd already picked up Rayleigh and Jack). A friend saw her and checked with me to see what was going on and took her back to the school. Jack and Ella have had soccer practice and Ray ditched mutual to stay home and relax (it was too hot to sit on the metal bleachers to watch the older girls' lacrosse game).
Jack's teacher is having a baby so he had Open House after school and basically just cavorted with his friends while I talked to his teacher about baby stuff. I'm so happy for her! And Jack is doing well in school and has great friends. THAT is lucky.
MCO rehearsal was nice and the kids have gained so much from being a part of that remarkable organization. Lucky.
Today is Friday and I'm trying to catch up on this thing before the weekend. I'm still off work (lucky) but the hours fly by when the kids are in school and I'm always left with more things on my to-do list than I have time for! Not to mention, I should just be sitting watching TV or reading so I can heal! I DO try to walk my mile each day but the treadmill broke (unlucky) but I've been walking the soccer fields in the cool sunny mornings and it's been nice.
Tanner's bosses want him to make more money so that's the plan! Stay tuned for THAT!

















Comments