The End of the School Year

The end of the school year was full of so many fun moments!
The kids had a movie day with all of C track, Colleen and I took the kinders around campus on scooters, Ella's class performed a play and Ella was the BEST Mama Bear and sang so well and delivered her lines perfectly. The kinders had water day and the other kids had field day, we had Glow Day down in kinder and Ella had a fun end of the year party in Mrs. Murphy's class. Rayleigh had 6th grade promotion and a fun party on the last day of school. We had a fun night at Salt Creek with Angel and her boys playing wiffle ball and making hot dogs while watching the sunset. Tanner started feeling a little sick and had to sit down and wrap himself in towels. But we had so much fun with Angel and her family and I loved playing wiffle ball and running as fast as I could to each base.

Max came home from his Mission to Lyon France and because his flight was delayed, we couldn't be at the airport. But we had a super fun family day at the beach and even my parents came down to Linda Lane! It was so good to see Max again and cute to see him dive into the ocean for the first time. His girlfriend came to the beach and surprised him and he was shocked and so happy! Kimmie brought her boyfriend and Tavian brought his girlfriend and wow, a new era of the family dynamic has begun!

Jack had his literature tea for 5th grade and he was a little underwhelmed by it all and didn't LOVE it but I was glad I could be there to help. Colleen had a retirement party at a brewery and I was sooooo nervous to go because the terrible no good 4th grade teacher was going to be there. But I survived thanks to Mindy for being my wingwoman and Bettina meeting us there. I'm so happy that she's officially going to be the teacher I work with next year!!!! I hosted bookclub that night, too, because there's never a dull moment in my life. 

Jack and Ella had Lincoln, Harper, Wyatt, Aurora, and Amelia over to swim and play. It was awkward with Wyatt who didn't want to go outside and play with everyone so I told him to call his mom to pick him up. But the rest of the kids were cute and had fun. I'm glad they have such cute friends that come over to play! The kids all got invited to a birthday party at Big Air but my back started to do that spasm thing/my stomach was hurting and after a deep dive, I think we figured out that it is a reaction to my progesterone levels when they get high. It causes my lower esophageal sphincter to relax which created acid refluc down by my diaphragm. This acid triggers a nerve response in my back and it's all as painful as it sounds.

Sunday was Father's Day and we all went to Ladera to support Max during his homecoming talk! He did a fabulous job and it was so cool hearing about his mission experiences. We also stayed for Jon's ward to hear Kimmie speak about fathers (specifically, Jon) and she did so great! After church, we went to Jon's for a BBQ with the whole family (minus Josi, of course) and it was an absolutely perfect day. We sat around for hours talking and snacking and telling my dad what we all loved about him. Parker face timed and talked with his cousins until my phone died and I know that made him so happy. 

On the drive home, Tanner said he was NOT feeling good. He'd broken out in a painful rash so I made him an appointment at urgent care and he headed over there as soon as we got home. After one look, the doctor diagnosed him with shingles!!!! Poor guy! I was giving him such hard time for complaining about not feeling well and having pain in his hip. I thought it was due to running on the grass during wiffle ball with Angel's family because my hip flexors were sore too. But no, it's shingles due to stress and guess what? He had to go to work for the first time in months THE NEXT DAY because he was starting a new job in downtown LA. So not only was he in a lot of pain, he had to fake it at the new job AND drive 1.5 hours to get there and 2 hours home. He's not happy about his new commute and actively looking for a different job. Stay tuned. 

The end of the school year is filled with much excitement and I'm so proud of all my kids for all they have accomplished this year. I can honestly say we are all in a good place right now and heading toward a very bright future. And it's now my favorite time of the year- SUMMER!!!!!!



















































































































 

Comments