Mom's 81st Birthday
We all wanted to make my mom feel so special this year for her birthday and celebrate her to the fullest. Laura offered to host a lunch and make empanadas so I brought a salad and Cami brought her famous cupcakes and we all gathered at Jon's house.
I know my mom has been going through a lot lately with my dad. She has had to give up so much so quickly- her job working in the temple, going to institute class, book club (for now)... She can't leave my dad unattended and I know that's a lot of pressure. She works so hard to make everyone happy and is constantly serving others. She has so many friends and family who love them and it's an honor to take a day to celebrate her.
That morning after dropping off Rayleigh at school, I took Ella back to the Montage for a beach sesh but the surf was insane. It was blazing hot though, so we dipped our toes in. I told Ella if we got washed out to sea, we'd swim past the breakers and float out in the open ocean until a boat comes to rescue us. Too many people have died this summer with the crazy currents and high waves.
Update: after hurricane Marie, we have no beaches. They are all washed away as off September 11th 2026.
After a while, we went to Peppertree Lane to get my mom her favorite cordials at the Chocolatier for her birthday gift. But it was closed! We waited an hour but no one came to open the store so we had to leave. I ended up getting her those chocolates a few days later.
Lunch at Laura's house was soooo good. Kari brought Savi, Kim was there, and I had Ella with me. We sat around the table savoring our meal and talking about our favorite memories with our mom. We all had some special moment having her hold us- remembering the woosh sound of her voice as we rested on her chest. We all loved staring into her rings (especially at church) and using our imaginations about what was with in those sparkling gems. (Santa?) She makes every celebration, holiday, birthday so memorable and special with her cute decor and attention to details. She gives the best advice and is always there for us.
And now is the time that we really need to be there for her, too.
Mom, you are incredible. The love we have for you (and so many others, too) is remarkable. Your reputation is one of love, kindness, wisdom, and service. Anyone who remotely knows you know that you are a genuine Christlike person. We are so lucky to have you as our mom and grandma!!!
Celebrating my mom is so easy. I love you!!!! Happy Birthday!
After lunch, Ella and I ended the day at Disneyland. The lines were pretty short due to the heat so we had a great time! It was a wonderful day with my daughter celebrating my mom and doing all my favorite things with most of my favorite people.
















Comments