A New Kind of Cupcake



 I heard of this really cool way to make cake from a box! Instead of eggs, water, and oil you can add just one can of coke! I thought I should try it out... actually I made them for my sister Josi because I did something that I felt really bad about. 

 The other day I was calling 2 different people: Julie- She just had a baby and I was bringing her dinner that night, and Josi-She's been sick and I wanted to know how she was doing. So I called the first number thinking it was Julie and said, "Hi! This is Chandra Peterson! I'm bringing you dinner tonight! What do you want and when do you want it?" And the person on the other side said , "Oh! You are!? That is sooooo sweet!! Hmmm, what do I want? How about the Bullock Special?" So then I was confused because how did Julie know about the Bullock special, plus Julie doesn't eat meat. So I looked down at my phone and I had called Josi instead of Julie! 

Needless to say I felt like an idiot and I felt soooo bad that I got her hopes up that I was bringing her dinner! So I decided to go to the store and buy her some treats and make her some I LOVE YOU cupcakes! I bought a German Chocolate cake, but any kind of cake will do, and some diet Cherry Pepsi (because I thought the cherry would be fun but any kind of soda will do) I also bought some cream cheese frosting and just died it pink. They turned out soooo good! The legend is true! They were moist and delicious! Mona Kay, I think you should make these for Spencer with some Mt. Dew! :-) 

So, if you're ever making a cake and don't have any eggs, don't go and bother the neighbor, just use a can of coke!

Comments

Allred Family said…
YUMMMMM.......You know we always have coke and dew :) We are so bad
Those cupcakes look sooooo good I wish we lived closer so I could just run over and eat one right now!!!!! I have been on a baking spree lately.....only problem I have been baking but not Eating weird, I STILL have lemon bars and Banana bread....Yea I have Issues!
I am thinking about having a little valentines day party and I will try them out then, Yummy Yum
Allred Family said…
I miss ya guys tooo much come back and play.....When it gets warmer!!!
Brynn said…
Ok, I have to try making these myself to believe that a can of soda can be used in the place of oil and eggs. I am just wondering, do you cook it for the same amount of time?