Monday Memories- Labor and Delivery of Parker

Parker turned 9 months old yesterday! It's hard to believe that he has been out of me for almost as long as he was inside of me! So today I decided to remember his birth!

  Here we are at 7am on our way to the hospital. It was July 26,2007 (my exact due date) and my water had started to leak at 5 am. I was feeling really good and was excited to meet our little man!


They brought me in and put me in that hideous gown and strapped me into a few monitors. I wasn't feeling any contactions but apparently I was having them. I wasn't dilated so they just had me hang out there for a while.....Later, much later, my doctor came in and broke my water and put me on petocin, I was only 4cm at that point. A little later I was able to get my epidural (Whoooopie!-they did an excelent job!) but it made me sick (ewwww) by 10pm I was still a 4 and the baby's heart rate was unsteady so they put me on oxygen all night and I waited to dilate...

By 8am THE NEXT morning I was only a 7 so they prepped me for surgery. By that point I was willing and ready to do whatever it took to get this baby out! I was so tired, a C section sounded great to me! I felt no pain and my 28 hours of labor was a breeze, can't complain!


At 10:04am lil Parker Steven Peterson was born! I cried when I heard his voice for the first time but I was so tired, I just wanted to sleep! (I had a major de-tox when I got home, my body was SO not used to all those drugs!)


Here's my son!


Big boy huh?



Awww, I love him sooo much!


He was definitely a Daddy's boy those first few days! Tanner changed his diaper and swadled him and never left his side! I don't know what I would have done with out my amazingly perfect husband


It's truly remarkable how close to Heaven you feel while holding a new born baby.


Here we are at home!
I love you Parker Steven Peterson! xoxoxox

Comments

Kat said…
I am still flipping out that little Chandra has a baby! He is precious and as a mom with two c-sections, it really doesn't matter how they get here, just as long as they're healthy! Thanks for sharing the pics!
Jody and Billy said…
That was an awesome post. I loved seeing all those cute pics. It made me excited for our baby to come to earth. It is amazing how you feel when you first meet them. Words can't express!
Thanks for sharing.
Tell Tanner his favorite cousin says hello
Jody
Jody and Billy said…
That is such a cute post. I loved seeing those pics. It made me excited for our baby to come. It is amazing how you feel when you see your child for the first time. Words can't express.
Love, Jody
Tell Tanner his favorite cousin says hello
Allred Family said…
I cannot believe it had been 9 months!!!! He is such a cute little boy, I cannot believe how LONG you were in labor, you need a award or something!!!!! I would have gone crazy, Good thing it's all worth it when you can hold your baby!!!! Happy 9 month b-day Parker :)
P.S. Gavin just had his 6 week b-day, where does the time go ?????
Jenni said…
okay I know we hardly know eachother but our birthstories with our first boys are almost identical. I go in for my second c-section the first week in July and although I'm nervouse I'm excited for this one because it's planned and I kinda know what to expect. It's all so amazing no matter what happens. Enjoyed reading this.

* jenni