Skip to main content
My HOME away from home
Last weekend Tanner and I flew to Idaho to attend a really good friend's wedding in Rexburg and spend some time with Tanner's family. Tanner stayed the weekend and flew home on Monday morning to work and go to school and I was fortunate enough to stay for the WHOLE week!!!! I absolutely LOVE my in laws sooooo much! Words can't adequately express how much they mean to me. I completely lucked out when I married Tanner- not only is Tanner the man, but his family is more than I could have ever hoped for. I love you guys soooo much!
For more info on the weekend please check out NICOLE'S blog!
Here's us on the plane right. It is A LOT easier to fly with Parker when I have Tanner with me to help- which rarely happens.
When we arrived in SLC we met up with our VERY good friends Spenc and Mona Kay and their 3 kiddos and we had some yummy, authentic Chinese food down town. It was sooooo nice getting together with them again, it had been too long!!!
Mona Kay is my FAVORITE!
We drove up to Idaho and got used to seeing snow out the window. Parker was thrilled when we arrived at Grammy and Papa's house and it was a hustle to throw him in some snow clothes so he could dash outside and play. He loved it!
Papa pulling Tanner and Parker behind the tractor- yes, that's what they do in Idaho!
Lil Baby Kaydence- she's such an adorable lil snow bunny!
Whelp, then we went shooting some guns- cuz that's ALSO what they do in Idaho!
Tanner was anxious to show off his man skills!
Yes, I DID hit a clay pigeon, thank you very much!
Us girls mostly just watched the boys and tried to stay warm by singing and dancing to the car radio.
During the week Parker and I had the house to ourselves (during the day) so we played around outside...
And built a snow-woman! She had 1/4 cups! tee hee!
Oh! Girls night was SO. MUCH. FUN! All of Tanner's girl cousins got together, as well as my three lil sister in laws (Yes, Nicole you are younger than me!) :-) and my niece Kaydence and of course the best mother in law in the universe, Kim. We ate super yummy Italian food and then went to see Shopaholic!
This is Parker playing hide and seek in the cupboard....
This is a rare moment when Parker was giving Grammy hugs. We've sufficiently determined that Parker is, in fact, a mamma's boy...
It snowed!!!!
Grammy gave Parker an awesome hair cut!
Favorite person ever! My father in law- can't get enough of him!
On the way back down to SLC we met up with my roomie from college/best friend Liz at Cafe Rio! We only got to chat for a few minutes but that was all we needed! I love you Liz!!!!!!
Ok, so this is the longest post EVER but I wanted to sum up our trip in highs and lows:
Highs:
-Going to the Rexburg Temple with Tanner
-Playing in the snow with Parker and building my first snowman (or woman I should say)
-Watching movies with my family!
-Eating Mr Pizza (Best. Pizza. EVER!) Thank you Kaitlin!
-Shooting guns!
-Taking family pictures
-Writing a 20 page love story for Tanner (not kidding, has a story in my head and just started writing it- took me 3 days but it is 20 pages, 12 point font, single spaced! and it's gooooood)
-Talking with my lil sisters about life... you know what I mean girls
-GIRLS NIGHT OUT
- Getting Fro Yo with Kas and Kim
- I know there's more but that's all I can think of right now
Lows:
-Missing Tanner
-Damn dog that was barking all night
-Parker getting a cold and being sad
-Having Parker reach new levels of melt downs (they are now NUCLEAR!)
-Saying good bye to my family
When I stepped off the plane in Orange County Tanner was waiting for me looking sooo hot and holding a dozen red roses! I guess he must have missed me too! :-)
I felt really dumb wearing a turtle neck and pea coat when it was 80 degrees outside. Hey, it was 18 degrees in Idaho when I left. Sigh, I miss it already. I hope I can return again soon!!!!!!
Comments
I am so jealous about you being able to be in Idaho and REBURG!!! I am actually really missing it there. I'll get to go in July bt that will be m first trip since moving two years ago.
Also really cute pictures. You always look like you are having the greatest time. One of these days we should plan our trips at the same time or hek...just go on a trip at the same time. Welcome back!