Good Times in May...

Good times keep on rolling here in Utah for the Peterson Family!

Last week was "Employee Appreciation Week" at work and we received, among other things, FREE tickets to the BYU baseball game!

So of course we went to J Dawg's before the game for a good, old fashioned, hot dawg!



(Creepy?)


The game was super exciting and thrilling, but it was coooold. We were enjoying ourselves but not enough to endure the frigid temps so we took off after the 4th inning. Tooo bad. :-(



Parker was obsessed with Cosmo! It was so cute! He would get abnormally excited whenever he came close to us!



Friday morning Tanner and I enjoyed a little date. We ran some errands (because we are learning that there's not much to do on a Friday before noon) and then stopped in the toy section to find some glow in the dark stars for Parker's bedroom (because, even though we were on a "date" and not supposed to be thinking about kid stuff we can't help it) and then found THIS little beauty!



Holy cow! We were laughing so hard! The things people come up with.... ya know?
BUT, we DID happen across the SUPER SOAKER section and Tanner just HAD to buy us each one....
We'll talk about that more later...


Friday night I got to spend some time with my best cousin Shelley! She was in town from NYC for a friends wedding. We walked around Gateway mall in SLC, got some dinner, and sat in the restaurant and talked until 11pm. They pretty much kicked us out after that. We headed over to her brother's place and talked and laughed some more and took some super rad pictures of ourselves....


Oh I just love my cousin. We were born on the exact same day and have been best friends since that day. We always laugh so hard when we're together and have the best conversations. It was nice to have a little "girls night out". Thanks Tanner. :-)


Saturday morning we headed over to Travis and Nicole's house because Tanner's Dad was in town helping him with a project. The boys worked and Nicole and I took the kiddos to the park. It was a beautiful day- so nice to spend some time outside FINALLY!

Parker sure missed his PAPA! And he got to show off his spelling skills! I drew a few words with chalk on the sidewalk and Parker read each one to his Papa. Including the work EMERGENCY. Smarty pants!


Kaydence and Parker "helping"

Travis hard at work!



We left Travis and Nicole's and put Parker down for a nice long nap. It was sooooo relaxing! He slept for 3 hours and I just sat by the window with the sun shining in nice and bright and read my book. Just what I needed after a looong work week!

We headed over to Tucano's for dinner because I had a free meal for my birthday! Tanner was in heaven! All you can eat meat? Tanner's all about it!!!

The boys were in the zone- a little too hungry to carry on a conversation with me...

Foooooood!




After dinner we headed up the canyon to my Uncle's cabin and threw rocks in the river. It kinda started to rain on us so we didn't stay for too long but it was soooooo beautiful down by the river! Everything was so green and the air smelled so good! Parker could not have been happier throwing rocks! The people fishing down stream from us- not so much "happy".







Well, AFTER the river we decided to bust out our new water guns before bath time! I said I would be the ref and the boys could battle it out.

Tanner's game face

A little tutorial before the battle begun




"OH! IT'S ON!!!!"





Unfortunately, I think Tanner won this one. Don't worry Parks, we'll get him next time!


Sunday Angel and Luis came over for a dinner/Survivor party! It's so fun to have my best friend so close again! We love hanging out with them- we seriously do NOT stop laughing from the moment the walk through the door! It was the Survivor Finale and we were just glad Russel DIDN'T win. Ewwww, he sucks. I'm excited for some of the summer time adventures we've got planned with Ang and Luis! Woohoo!



So, Tanner has been taking an EMT course at night and he has to practice taking vitals. I had him take mine before my workout this morning and then Parker wanted his done too!

So, that about sums up the excitement lately!

Until next time!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Parker is such a big boy, I can't believe it! He looks so grown up! It was fun visiting with you guys for a bit on Saturday I'm so glad you came. Those J Dawgs look delicious, I have got to try one of those! I love the water fight, we should have one on memorial day weekend!!!
Anonymous said…
Oh ~ such fun pictures. I love the water fight! Parker looks like he is having lots of fun! Tanner is a good daddy! love ya and can't wait to see you.
Grammy
Mark Perry said…
looks like some fun with the soaker!! and as always, great pictures!!