Date Week
I feel like I go on more dates with Parker than I do Tanner. I don't mind too much because Parker is quite a cute date. :-)
On Tuesday we got a big storm and it snowed a TON! When I got to work (driving 5 miles an hour the entire way...) I asked the ladies at work what a fun, snuggly thing would be to do with Parker because it was such a cuddle up day and we were forced to go out in the cold. They immediately said, "Build a tent and read books and make s'mores!" Oh man! Why didn't I think of that???
After I picked up Parker from school we went straight to the cupboard for sheets and blankets. I told Parker his jobs were to pick out a movie (He picked Peter Pan- Perfect choice!), find lots of pillows, and don't forget the flashlight! My jobs were to BUILD the tent and make food.
He was super stoked about the s'mores and even though he made a huge mess eating them I was happy he was enjoying such a special night with his old ma.
We also made cheese rolls! Just threw some cheese on a cressant roll, rolled it up, and popped it in the oven! Super easy and WAAAAAY yummy! I made some tomato soup, too.
Wednesday night I had mutual and I have to bring Parker because Tanner is at school- But he sooooo doesn't mind coming. Before we left I was putting away laundry when I heard him fussing around in the kitchen. I kept a close eye on him but let him do his "thing". When I asked him what in the world he was doing he said he was "making a special recipe for 'the girls'" (Meaning, the 12-13 year old young women). Man, I've got to make sure he knows he's not supposed to date until he's 16!!!! They thought his gesture was so sweet! :-) He made them orange juice with our cuties!
On Thursday I got off work a little early (and I got employee of the month- boo ya!) So Parker and I went over to our neighbor's house. She just had a baby so we asked if her older daughter could come over to play! The kids played and I fed them noodles and bathed them and we watched Max and Ruby and it was so fun!
Friday night I asked TANNER out on a date- I'd been having so many with Parker, I didn't want him to get jealous. We went to dinner at Los Hermanos and talked about PA schools. It was nice to have yummy food that I didn't have to cook or clean up and get to talk to my husband without hearing a little 3 year old voice in my other ear.
Saturday was really nice. I took Parker for a "run" in the morning. He rode his big wheel and I "ran". It was freezing! We found a park and Parker played for a few minutes. The slides were covered in ice so when he went down he went flying and landed on his bum. So, I ended up walking with him all the way home-carrying his big wheel. It was so nice to be outside, though! Sheesh! I DO NOT like being stuck inside all the time!
Tanner joined us for a few hours before heading to the library to study. We went to lunch at this totally amazing Italian place and had delicious gelato for dessert. We also won a prize in the mail from some random car dealership. So we thought it would be fun to see some cars and let Parker ride in a "race car". We won a cruise. We were hoping for the free car.... oh well!
That night Parker was POOPED! He snuggled right up with his Daddy and fell right to sleep!
That night Angeluis came over for dinner and we played the Wii. Good times!
Sunday was awesome! Church was great and we got to go to Spence and Mona Kay's house for some home made Chinese food! It. Was. So. Good!!!!!! They made most of it from scratch and it was amazing!
Spencer working his magic.
The kids were insane- they were totally on drugs. They were laughing and screaming and running around the WHOLE time! I'm sure they all slept well that night.
Ohhhhhh my yummiess! Home made orange chicken!??? Yes please! Oh, and that fried rice, my mouth is watering!
Parker was out cold .5 second after we got in the car. We couldn't even get him to get into his PJs when we got home! :-) Thank you Spence and Mona Kay for the super fun night and the most amazing Chinese food EVER!!!!
Last week was jam packed with fun! Let's see if we can top it this week! :-)


Comments