Sundance
Friday night we were completely spoiled with friends, food, and fun in SUNDANCE! We have some really awesome friends that allowed us take over their cottage for the night.
We dropped off Parker at Tanner's cousin Jenny's and tried not to rush out the door... :-) We invited our 2 favorite couples to join us on a little retreat- Spencer and Mona Kay & Angeluis.
We got up the mountain at around 5pm and immediately started dinner. We were all STARVING! But the only problem was that it was MY brilliant idea to have lasagna and apparently lasagna takes like 2 hours to cook. BUST! But, have no fear. Mona Kay brought her delicious, out-of-this-world, over the top, fantastic, spinach artichoke dip. We popped that puppy in the oven and salivated for 30 minutes and then DUG IN! I feel like it was one of the highlights of the night! We were all SOOOO hungry and it was SOOOOO good. We devoured it in about 5 minutes. We talked and laughed and laughed some more. I seriously got the best ab workout from laughing!

We ate every meal at the round table- by the way, this is the PERFECT table for sharing dip.

We found many different places to plop down and tell stories. Did you know that Spencer is the BEST story teller of all time?

I thought about calling this the best Wiikend ever! Luis got us all set up on the Wii downstairs and we had so much fun playing a bunch of different games. The dance game and the rockband game were particularly entertaining... :-)

We stayed up until 2:30am playing wii, the name game, cranium, eating, talking, and... oh ya! Laughing!
The next morning we all slept in and had a yummy, quiet breakfast. Did I mention a night spent with friends WITHOUT kids is like.... really nice. Anyhoo, we picked up Parker mid morning and brought him up to Sundance and chill out with us. We all stayed in our PJs the majority of the day!


Luis and Parker played with Wii (Luis is Parker's new favorite person of all time. He showed Parker the Hotwheels game and life as he knows it has changed forever!) But then Parker got tired and snuggled up next to Luis and fell right to sleep. Sooooo sweet!

It was really hard to leave the Cottage. We spent about 2 hours shoveling some snow and got a great workout doing that. Whew! Spence and Mona Kay had to leave at noon to take their daughter to a birthday party but the rest of us stayed and ate and played some more games. Oh! And we sat in the sauna and I got to take a heavenly bubble bath! But all good things must come to an end. Tanner had to take a quiz for school so we had to force ourselves to pack up, clean up, and leave. :-(
A BIG HUGE thanks to James and Carole for being so incredibly generous with us and letting us make such wonderful, life long memories in their magical cottage. And another GINORMOUS thank you to Jenny for showing Parker a good time and taking such good care of our precious baby boy.
The next day at church I thought I should sit in on primary and see how Parker was doing. Bad idea. They couldn't find the chorister so they had me come up and lead the opening song. Parker pulled his little chair up next to me and sat at my side while I led. But, I sneaked away in the back and watched him be a special helper during singing time and sharing time and sit very quietly on his teachers lap. They had the kids write their name on a piece of paper at one point and I was so proud when I heard him say, "My name is spelled P-A-R-K-E-R!" That's my boy!
Sunday night we invited more friends over for dinner and Angel trimmed my out-of-control hair! :-) And then I got to scan her incredibly cute baby... BOY! I love what I do and I LOVE my pregnant friends!!!!! :-)








Comments
That cottage is so amazing, what a fun little get away with your awesome friends!
I cannot believe how smart Parker is, he needs to be tested for smartest three year old in the world. Seriously you could be on Oprah or something!