Part 2: DISNEYLAND- Seriously, the happiest place on Earth.

Top on the list of things to do while we were in California was to go to Disneyland! Parker has been there 100 times but I think this was the first time that he will actually remember for the rest of his life. It was so special sharing 2 fun filled days there-with my Mom joining us,too! I know Parker will have conversations with people for the next 80 years that go like this, "One of my very first memories was from when I was about 3 and my Grandma took me to Disneyland. I remember being so excited to drive the cars at Autopia." Thank you, Mom, for helping us to create memories that we will treasure forever.

We were fortunate enough to be able to spend the first full day with my best brother, Jon, and his sweet little Kimmie. They go to Disneyland "as often as they go to church" (once a week). And they have the place down to a SYSTEM! We followed his lead and hit almost every single ride, got to know the in's and out's and secrets of Disneyland, felt like VIP with our FastPasses, and my brother made it extra fun by requesting the best seats for us on every ride. What a guy!!!


We got there right when they opened and our first stop was Peter Pan!



Shortly after that Jon and Kim met up with us and we did the merry go round a couple times. :-)







We tried to get the kids to pull the sword out but it just wouldn't budge! I thought for sure Parker was the King of the World!


We sneaked in the back door at Minnie's house because there was a huge, long line to see her. Parker didn't know what to do in such a GIRLIE place!


Kimmie absolutely LOVES It's a Small World. I filmed the cutest little video of her hula dancing and singing along in the South Pacific part of the ride. She's so adorable.



All Parker wanted to do from the moment we arrived at Disneyland was the "race car" ride. He was thrilled that he could drive his own car and he did a fantastic job! I was impressed!




Jungle Cruise....



Half way through the day Parker could have/should have zonked off for a nap but he kept on going strong. Except when we took a 5 minute break to take classic pictures in front of the castle. He was not having it. I think he thinks magical castles are for girls and he wants nothing to do with them. :-)



But then....

...he got to ride this ride.


Nanny was scared.


Kimmie kept saying, "I sorry Daddy." This was her first time on the Madder Horn, too, and it was so wild and crazy she thought perhaps she'd done something wrong to deserve such a ride.
But this kid LOVED it!
Yaaaaaa!

The first roller coaster we did that day was the one in Toon Town and he was so apprehensive while we were in line. He kept asking if we could try a different ride. But by the time that 10 second coaster was over he was hooked! I took him on Space Mountain and Thunder Mountain too and he LOVEDDDDDDD them. It's so fun now that he's old enough to ride on the big kid rides!




At around dinner time Jon and Kimmie had to go home. Laura was due to have her baby the next day so they needed to make sure they had a good night's rest.

Parker, my Mom, and I had a yummy dinner and then hit a few more rides.


Tea Cups







We settled down to watch the breathtaking fire works show that night before we left and within minutes Parker completely fell asleep on my shoulder. It was so cute. The fireworks woke him up and he go to see Tinker Bell fly around the castle but it was a bummer because there were technical difficulties with the fireworks and they couldn't finish the show. :-( Bust!

This kid slept so hard- he never woke up until the next morning! We rode 20 rides that day and made countless memories. Disneyland really is the happiest place on Earth!




The next day we went on an Adventure. To California Adventure to be exact!


Parker made sure we knew where we were going by following the map all day. Who says men can't look at directions? Or is it ask for directions....?


We enjoyed exploring Bug's Land...



And watching the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Show....

And, HOLD THE PHONE! We even got to meet Lightening McQueen thefamousracecar and Mater!
"Race car face"





We stopped and had a delicious lunch over looking the water. Parker enjoyed feeding the ducks. It was a perfect day outside. We never felt hot or cold. It was just right.






So, I don't know if I'm a really cool daughter or a really terrible one. My Mom HATES heights. But, I made her go on the Mickey Mouse ferris wheel because "you have to ride that when you go to California Adventure". She was a good sport. All we could think about was the last time I made her climb to great heights with me- In Paris, I forced her to the top of the Eiffel Tower with me. I think she'll look back and smile... hopefully.


This is her saying, "Look! I DID IT!" Not to mention the thing stopped right when we were at the zenith of the ride! We were stranded at the tippity top for what seemed like an eternity. My Mom just closed her eyes and practiced taking cleansing breaths while squeezing the life out of my hand. Oh the sacrifices we make for our children and grand children. Parker, by the way, loved it.



(He wanted to take a picture next to this guy for some reason....It's like the John Coltrane of fish)

To me, California Adventure is not nearly as exciting and wonderful as Disneyland but it's still great. I mean, that Soarin' Over California ride is epic.
The longest line we stood in the entire time we were at Disneyland was for the Toy Story ride. The very last ride we went on. But, it was fun and worth it so it's all good.

We stayed for World of Color which was amazing. Parker fell asleep during it. Apparently it wasn't that amazing to him.



As we were leaving the park, the fireworks were going off at Disneyland so we stopped and watched them and Parker woke up for a minute to enjoy them with us.
And then he fell right back to sleep and most likely dreamed about pirates and submarines and airplanes and roller coasters.

Completely and utter happiness.
That is what Disneyland is all about.
I think Walt Disney was truly inspired and really listened to the angels whispering in his ears about a place that would bring families together and spread joy all over the world. Yes, I'm sure he's building the most brilliant Disneyland up there in Heaven. I can't wait to meet him and tell him thank you for creating a place that has produced so many happy, treasured memories for me and my family.

Comments