Play Dates and Mother's Day

We have the cutest little neighbor girl and Parker is in love with her. It's just about the sweetest thing on the planet. The other day we invited her over to play and Parker was the perfect host. He made snacks, pulled out a bunch of books and toys, and was such a good sharing boy. I thought it was funny that he wanted to read and play in his bed. He won't be having girls in his room 10 years from now, that's for sure!!!!



They play soooo well together. It's really pretty cool.





By the way, the weather has been BEAUTIFUL!

Friday night Tanner and I had our date night. We ate at this super cool Japanese restaurant where you cook the food right in front of you in a pot of boiling water. It was sooo good. Then we went to the local theater and saw Annie. It was a fun date. :-)



Saturday morning Tanner had a study group and the weather was phenomenal so, for this first time this year, I threw Parker into the jogger and ran with him. I went probably 2.5 miles with 2 flat tires and a front wheel that was veering to the left the entire time. The back of my legs got so sore from all that pushing! But hey, I did it.

When Tanner got home we packed a picnic and headed up to Salt Lake. We stopped by Spence and Mona Kay's for a little bit and then met Travis and Nicole and the girls at the park! It was such a nice day!!!!

Tanner and Travis


Nicole and the girls


Happy to be outside in the sunshine!



Crazy Kaydence



Tanner playing Frisbee



Pretty little Sagie








The kids got a huge kick out of the remote control car Tanner brought.... :-)

Who knew Kaydence was such a monkey???

That night we hung out with Angeluis and the bun in the oven and watched a movie. Love my BFF.

Sunday was such a special day. First of all, Parker saw his girlfriend in the parking lot and was all twitter pated- he couldn't even say hello. :-)



During church he got up with all the other kids and sang me 2 mother's day songs. It was soooo precious. He also gave a talk in primary about Mother's- totally melted my heart. Tanner was awesome and made me dinner and even surprised me with an edible arrangement! (Yum! Love those!) We went to a BBQ that evening with some friends and that night Tanner put Parker to bed all by himself while I sat back and relaxed! Pure bliss!

Words can't express how thankful I am to be a mother. Nothing in this life has brought me more joy. I am eternally grateful to Tanner for giving me the opportunity to become one and I am so lucky to have such a special, unique, funny, tender, brilliant little boy.

Comments

Sue Ann said…
LOVE this post! Such darling children, and Parker is just JOYFUL! You're a wonderful Mom, Chan, and I love you! SURE WISH I COULD HAVE HEARD THAT TALK!
Kim said…
I love the picture with shy Parker holding his little girlfriends hand. So sweet.
It looks like you guys had tons of fun at the Park!
Love you all,
Grammy
Anonymous said…
Parker is quite the Ladies Man!!! A little heart breaker in the making! I LOVE that picture of Parker "twitter pated", oh my goodness it is too cute!!! It was so fun getting to play with you guys at the park, it just wasn't long enough! I'm glad you got to see Angelius (sp?) that night, that is awesome that you two have been able to stay so close for so long they seem like they're amazing friends! I'm glad mothers day was so special for you, you really are an amazing mother!
Perry Family said…
very cute pictures! and that Japanese restaurant looked delish!! you all seem to be doing so well.
Allred Family said…
Looks like you had another Great Weekend, it was a Great Day for the Park and we had a Great time playing with you guys. Parker is so cute with his lil Girlfriend ;)
So Glad you had a Great Mothers Day you Deserve it!!!!