Life in Coudersport in 2013= BORING
We flew back and forth from DC for Winter Break so we were able to spend some time with Josi and her cute family! We flew in about a week before she gave birth to Wyatt!
I was BARELY pregnant at this point and Josi was ready to POP!
A few weeks later we were able to make a super quick trip to DC to meet Wyatt and see my Mom before she flew home. I wasn't feeling well (morning sickness and such) so it was a very uneventful trip but the baby is precious and I was blown away by the AMAZING mother Josi is! She was up and working hard, taking care of those babies! She looked fantastic and the babies were both so sweet and happy! It was a little slice of Heaven over there at the Schauf home.
Wyatt James
This was our drive into Coudersport after being in CA for 7 weeks.... :-(
First thing's first! I had to make a paper chain to count down the days until we are finally OUT of here! Plus, it was a countdown to warmer weather... and another link down, another day further into this pregnancy.
Parker wasn't too thrilled to go back to school but he is progressing at an impressive rate, none the less. He is in accelerated reading, math, and spelling. He is doing much better with "color strips" (which I wish would just go away all together) and is enjoying his good friends in his class.
But, sometimes Coudersport is so boring you have to simply lie face down in the snow. We had weeks and weeks of continuous snow and didn't see the sun for about 2 months. It was extremely frustrating and really affected me. No bueno.
Earlier this semester we tried to sneak into radilogy for an ultrasound and while schmoozing the radiologist he invited Parker into his office, gave him a cool toy car, and let him sit in his Star Trek chair! Awesome!
I started reading chapter books to Parker last year but my favorite time of the day is when all our work is done and we can cuddle up in bed to read. We start with the scriptures and the Friend and then I read a few chapters from the current book. He brings his pillow and blankets onto my bed and always falls asleep right next to me while I read. It's adorable. Tanner usually gets home very late (like midnight or later) so when he arrives he picks Parker up and puts him in his bed. It's a great system and I love it!
I can't snap enough pictures of Parker sleeping. He had such a little angel face when he's asleep. But this particular day we were on our way meet Tanner's professor and class for dinner. We had Pete and Austin in the car with us and Parker totally fell asleep on Pete's shoulder. So sweet.
My Bug-a-Boo
One afternoon the sun made an appearance so we headed over to the hospital for some sledding... only we don't have a sled so we basically just played in the snow for a few minutes. ;-)
Happy 31st Birthday Tanner! Life has been pretty subdued since I've been enduring this first trimester of pregnancy. I've been super sick and really tired and, to be honest, completely terrified that I'd lose this baby, too. To top it all off we are dirt poor college students. All of these things combined makes for some very uneventful holidays and special occasions. Not to mention the fact that we can't just celebrate on the actual date of the event, usually, because Tanner has his own set of deadlines for school that cannot be ignored. We DID manage a little dinner out for Tanner's birthday. No cake. No candles. No card. No presents. Poor guy. This is pretty much what happened last year and I'm going to go ahead and assume we will be in the same boat next February too! The good thing is that Tanner is easy to please and has a firm knowledge of how much we love and respect him. He knows that we will celebrate RIGHT when time/money permit. So proud of my husband!!!
Parker has been practicing SO hard to get his one eyebrow up! He had a fascination with it and was finally able to accomplish his goal! Man, this kid is irresistible!
Being primary president has completely blessed me and my family. I am so grateful for the opportunity to serve my Heavenly Father and these sweet children in the Olean Ward. It's been challenging since coming back from the break due to feeling weak as a result of this pregnancy. Our ward posses it's own set of challenges too. I've NEVER had my entire presidency together on a Sunday and sometimes the primary teachers just don't show up. The kids are a little crazy (as you can see) but they are all so sweet and are really good kids. I'm truly thankful for everyone who goes above and beyond the call of duty and helps to make our primary successful. I've felt the spirit so strongly in that primary room while teaching these wonderful kids and that's the best feeling in the world!
So, another problem we've been having here in Coudersport is the fact that, with Sprint, we are always roaming. Sprint isn't too happy about that and has shut down Tanner's phone and is watching me closely. So not only is it totally boring out here but now I can't even talk on the phone! :-( I know it sounds trite but I'm a social gal and love to talk... especially when I've been concerned about so many things the last few months. I always feel so much better after I've TALKED my issues out. But we found a loophole! Face Time! We've enjoyed Face Timing my mom several times. This day she was watching Jon's girls and so Parker and Kim were able to chit chat for a while. Isn't she gorgeous! They are moving to Argentina for a work assignment of Laura's. Thank goodness for Skype!!! I'm gonna miss them!! Oh and! Laura's pregnant with a BOY- due just 3 weeks before I am!!!!
Annnd our uneventful St. Patrick's day! I was begining to feel better but Tanner still needed to step up and prepare the corned beef and cabbage (I didn't think I could handle that...) It was super yummy,though! Tanner did a GREAT job! We made rainbow jello, too! And would you believe we found little leprechaun foot prints all over the kitchen the morning of St. Patrick's day? He left Parker some sweet treats but also used our bathroom and left the toilet water green! Gross! That leprechaun sure is sneaky! Parker made a trap that he brought to school and those kids were SO close to catching that willy leprechaun but no such luck!
Here's BOTH boys asleep after reading time...
Impromptu dance party!!!! Always a blast!
Parker sleeps...
April 2nd 2013 was our 9 year anniversary! 9 years!!!!! Can you believe it! Tanner got me some beautiful flowers and was just the sweetest man all day! He had a test the next day so we didn't really get to celebrate until later that week. BUT, it was a fabulous day none the less and I can't believe how fast these past 9 years have flown by! We have accomplished SO much and lived so many places and experienced so many of lives hardest challenges and sweetest blessings. I love him more today than the day I married him and I can't imagine life without him!
This year over the April General Conference weekend we spent Friday night in Lock Haven so could Tanner volunteer at a 5k race for school. But, we were able to spend all day at home on Sunday. Since we live on the East Coast conference doesn't start until noon so we slept in and made a fantastic breakfast before conference began. I crafted all throughout the day and put together a little baptism box for my nephew, Max, who is turning 8 and getting baptized this month. We are so bummed to be missing his special day but we wanted him to know we are thinking about him and we are so proud of him! I also sent some of these little chocolate scriptures to Kassidy who is serving a mission in Spain! I LOVE conference and hearing from our living prophet and the apostles. And the music- phenomenal!
Uh, this is Tanner's giant foot compared to Parker 5 year old head. Just because.
After the Easter primary activity we went out to eat at an East Coast chain resurant called Friendly's. We wanted to check it out before we move and never go near one again. As you can see we get very excited to eat out- it rarely happens. Friendly's was yummy and the ice cream was super good. We had fun!
Parker's Spring Break and Tanner's Spring Break were during 2 completely different weeks. We wanted to go explore some more of the East Coast- stay in Cape Cod and visit our friends in Rhode Island again. But the weather was horrible (not to mention we have zero dollars) and the boys didn't have coordinating days off. So Tanner and I played at home while he was on break which was actually heavenly. And Parker and I were able to do lots of fun things together when he was on break! One day we crafted it up all day! We made flubber, and painted pictures, and made blue noodles for lunch! We baked and did more art projects and had a blast together.
I was a little "off" the day Tanner received his rotation schedule for his second year. They currently have him rotating (in order as it is right now) PA, CA, UT, then back to PA (this rotation happens to be right when the baby is due), CA, then after Winter break- UT, and lastly NM. No HA?! So, we have a few things to work out which is causing me much stress and anxiety but I know it will all work out. I have faith!
One day, for special, we all bundled up and walked down to McDonald's for buy one get one free milkshakes! It's the little things...
And last but not least, my boys asleep after reading time.. again. As you can see, sleeping is pretty much the most exciting thing that goes on here in Couderport, PA. Now that it's April the sun is beginning to shine a little bit more and we are experiencing rain instead of snow- which is awesome. Well, except for yesterday.
There was a huge thunderstorm that rolled through at the EXACT same time I went to pick up Parker. When I walked over to the school to get him it was not raining at all. But by the time he was out and we started walking the storm was right on top of us. Even though home was literally 1 minute away we took cover in our neighbor's shop/garage thing. The thunder was massive and the lighting was flashing constantly. It was terrifying to Parker. But after a minute we looked up and saw a picture of Christ on the wall. I reminded Parker that Jesus is always aware of us and if we pray we can feel peace and comfort. So Parker said a silent prayer and a few minutes later a sweet neighbor drove up in his car and offered to drive us home. The storm quickly passed and we were safe. Once again, seeing the tender mercies of the Lord in our life.
So, I guess if I'm being honest there are a FEW exciting things that happen here in our tiny town. But the paper chain is getting shorter and I can't wait for summer in sunny So Cal!!!!

























Comments