Moving

Yes, the day finally came that we had to pack up the rest of our lives and move it all up to Northern California.  We decided to not stress and just take our time loading up on Saturday morning and just drive half way up to Lincoln. But, we were all feeling good and the baby was sleeping most of the time in the car so we just kept on driving. It was all fine and dandy until the last 1/2 hour. It was past midnight and we had to stop by the airport to pick up Tanner's car since he'd left it there the previous evening when he flew out of Sacramento to come down and help us move. I had to follow him in my car, hauling the trailer, in the dark, in a foreign place, completely exhausted, with a hysterical baby sobbing in the back seat. I cried the whole way to our house. It's a mircale we made it. Thank goodness there were sheets on our bed. I held Rayleigh and we both fell asleep with little tear stains down our cheeks. Ok, I'm being dramatic but remember I'm hormonal!
The next day, and many many to come, we had our work cut out for us! But our ward came to the rescue with help and a meal! Did I mention we don't have a fridge? We can't get one until the end of the week... so that will be interesting. I have a feeling I'm not leaving the house all week.

Really, it's great being here and I'm so happy we are all together in a nice,  new house. But, it was hard to say goodbye to "home", family, and all the comforts of the familiar. I cried as I clung to my Mom. Why do we have to be brave? Parker is my supreme example of courage. He has moved so much in his short little life and never once has he complained. On the contrary, he has the BEST attitude and makes friends immediately! He's such a positive person and has been a great help to  me. Tanner has gone above and beyond to make Lincoln comfortable and pleasant for me. He's helped me with projects, lifting, and unpacking, and even brings a delicious dinner home each night. He takes out the trash and does the shopping. I don't know what I'd do without him!!!!

I miss living at my parents house. I think I always will. They opened their arms to us when we had no where else to go. When we were scared and unsure, completely vulnerable and distraught.  They gave us hope, made us smile, and filled our lives with positive experiences. I know it's truly a sacrifice for them to take us in and care for us and their unwavering generosity brings me to tears. I know I will never be able to repay them for all that they have provided for me; mind, body, and spirit. But, I will work hard all of my days to try and live worthy enough to be their daughter. I can't thank them enough for all the help an service rendered after I had Rayleigh. They pretty much cared for Parker %100 and me, too! From sun up to sun down they were there for me and my little family doing everything they could to make us happy and keep us healthy. Yes, words can't express how much I love them. My gratitude for my Mom and Dad is immeasurable.

Even though Rayleigh was rarely out of someone's arms she wasn't held too much by Bebo. It was always a tender moment when he did. I love my rad DAD!!!!!!

Cami and the kids came over the day before we left and it was so great being able to see them and for Parker to play with his cousins one last time before we left. He talked MORE about his cousins coming over on Friday morning than Halloween Thursday night! He LOVES his cousins!


So, here was my view as we began our trek up California. I sat in the back with the baby and Parker sat in the front! Unconventional, I know. But we didn't want Parker to have to shoulder the responsibility of keeping the baby calm if she ever began to cry. As it turned out she did fine %95 of the time.



Hallelujah. We made it. I sent this picture to my mom at 1am the morning we arrived. It was straight to bed for everyone. So glad to finally be there. Moving is HARD!

I felt so badly about leaving her to cry in the back seat that I made it my goal to not have her cry once the next day and spoil her with snuggles. ;-)
Most nights she starts out in the co-sleeper and around 1am, when she wakes up for her first night time feeding, I'll pull her into bed with me to nurse. And there she stays until morning! So sweet.


This is how most of our house was unpacked- Rayleigh in the sling.  I'm banking off the fact that Tanner will give me a massage for all my back breaking hard work! I kind of love that she is asleep right next to me all day and all night. But it doesn't make moving/unpacking easy!


Parker had a blast opening all of the boxes of his old toys and watching Apple TV. I'm excited for the day when everything is DONE so I can play with him and we can make friends and do things outside the house!


No fridge. :-( 





It's different up here, that's for sure. But I like it. And I love that we are all together as a family.

Comments