New House in Lincoln!
Here are some pictures, which are pretty much all scrambled up, of our first few days here in our new home.
We are still trying to get into the swing of things but so far so good. Tanner goes to work every morning and comes home at different times each night. Sometimes he gets home early, sometimes not. At least we see him everyday! Pretty much every morning he sits down to breakfast with Parker. Me and Babydoll are usually still in bed but I'm hoping someday soon we can all have breakfast and a little spiritual devotional to start the day together everyday.
The house is still coming together, there are a lot of little projects going on. My goal while we are in the house and have so much space is to get completely organized- so I know where everything is in my life. We've moved so many times in the last 10 years and have accumulated a lot (and purged a lot, too) but I want to get it all in order. It's nice to have such a spacious home to really get it all done.
We had meals brought in and some sisters came over to help me unpack. We've had people lend us their ladders and vacuums. I've even already been visit taught! The ward has been great. I don't think a day has gone by that a member of the ward hasn't called or texted me or stopped by to see how we are doing. It's been great!
And I finally mustered up the courage to leave the house and venture out into this new town. I was motivated by the fact that Parker would be starting school the next day and I needed to drive the route and check out the campus so I could be on time and not get lost. Luckily, as I was loading up, Tanner pulled up and he hopped in the car with me. When we got to the school his teacher was actually still there and we were able to meet her and check out the classroom. She is awesome and the school looks really nice. We met the principal too, who is a member of the church, and chatted with him for a while. I felt so much better about Parker starting school again after that little visit. This will be his 3rd first day of kindergarten!!!
Unpacking has been slow since I have to sit down and nurse this baby like every hour. And we are all so exhausted at night that we hardly get anything done. We are all usually in bed by like 9pm! It's fall now, too, so it gets dark really early. It's ok, but I'm so OCD- I just want it all done now! Oh, also I just had a baby via major surgery so I can't lift anything over 8 pounds or reach up high.... that's been a challenge. But nothing I can't handle!
Yes, I was a pansy at first but I'm slowly getting used to new house/new baby/new job. I told Tanner, there's no reason why this next year of our lives shouldn't be just the best ever. We have a beautiful new baby girl, a fantastic 6 year old boy who loves school, he has a great job with minimal stress, and I'm in an area filled with tons of young moms like me to be friends with! Yes, life is pretty good.
She loves her Daddy
This was one morning when we were getting ready for the day.. Parker's idea. :-)
Starting to get some smiles out of this little one. She's 5 weeks and smiling every now and then!
This was one morning as Tanner was leaving for work. She LOVES to snuggle with him and did NOT want him to go. So sweet.
Best big brother.
Parker has adjusted so well to his new school. He told me he made 20 friends on the first day and 20 friends on the second day which means he's made 40 friends already! ;-) He got to take him "Charlie Check First" one day and we wrote about what we did with him. He also had the opportunity to take home "Honey Bear" for being such a great student!


Comments