St. Patrick's Day 2016

I love holidays. I love the decorating and the food and the fun games and traditions. I live for days like this! This is one of the things that makes being a mom so enjoyable! I had to plan and prepare because we have one thing after another going on around here! Turns out I'm kind of a planner so this worked to my benefit.
The day before St. Patrick's Day, Parker worked so hard designing and building a stellar leprechaun trap! He used an old box and rolled tape at the bottom of it so that the leprechaun would get stuck walking inside. He tried to lure him in with chocolate golden coins. But alas, we did not catch the sneaky fellow. But he left a huge pile of gold chocolate coins for us and then sent us on a wild scavenger hunt all around the house! He threw glitter in Parker's shower and then must have needed to use the restroom because the water in the toilet was green and there were 2 tiny footprints on the seat! He turned the milk green and had us running all over the house! We finally ended with a big old basket full of treats! Green apples, green chips, green M&Ms, green Jolly Ranchers, Skittles, socks, green glow sticks, rainbow popcorn, and the Golden Book- The Little Man From Disneyland... It was awesome! We had Lucky Charms and green bagels for breakfast and then Parker headed off to school. He was a little late! Oops!
I picked him up early and we went to Disneyland to meet up with my cousin Stacy and her daughter Justine who were here visiting for Spring Break. The park was jam packed but we were only there to do the Disneyland Egg-stravaganza hunt and find The Little Man From Disneyland's house! Parker found it over by Indiana Jones but I couldn't get over there with the stroller- guys, it was crazy crowded. But we did the egg hunt and had a super fun time!
We came home and had corned beef and cabbage for dinner with rainbow jello and green cupcakes for dessert! We were sad Daddy couldn't make it home in time for dinner. He loves this meal! I got the kids all matching green striped pajamas from Hanna Anderson. They looked so cute and I tried so hard to get a decent picture of the 3 of them but it's literally impossible.
As I mom, I live for these days. I could not have dreamed of a better day celebrating St. Patrick's Day with my kids. My siblings were all texting each other all day saying what they did and how they were celebrating. Jon said, "Chan! We know you have green pee in your toilet and rainbow jello in your fridge! Send pics!" ha ha they know me too well. I love being a mom!!!! And I love that my kids get just as into these holidays as I do!!!

















I love how Ray tried to copy my big smile! ha ha



Parker was so excited to stop and watch the Jedi Training!









Comments