Utah for a Day
Tanner is a rock star. And people are starting to notice. He gets approached ALL THE TIME by recruiters from other companies. He has high standards and knows what he wants for the next move in his career. But when the Providence Company came knocking Tanner felt we should entertain the idea of taking the offer. They flew us to Salt Lake for the day which made us feel like ballers. We hit major traffic on our way down to Cami's to drop off the kids and literally made it to the Long Beach Airport 20 minutes before the plane was to take off. Luckily we were all checked in and had no bags so we flew through security and were there just perfectly on time. It was a stressful morning though and due to Tanner's frantic driving Ray threw up in the car. Yuck. Cami was sweet enough to be willing to watch our 3 crazy kiddos ALL DAY. She's amazing. She took them to the park and out to Nordies for lunch. When the big kids got out of school she took them to We Play Loud and then I ordered them pizza from my Domino's app for dinner. My Mom has been busy with James and Carole in down but they were at Disneyland that day so she was able to spend the afternoon with them. When we arrived to pick them up that night (around 8:30pm) the babies were asleep. When I picked up Ray she woke up and I asked her if she had fun and she said, "Yessss!" and I said, "Did you play and have pizza?" and she said, "Yayyyy!" in her quiet little tired voice. In fact she was so tired that she totally slept until 9am the next morning and was so cuddly!
When we arrived in SLC we were picked up by an English driver in an Escalade. Ya, we felt cool. We went to Farmington where their offices are located and went out to lunch. The executives were so cool and so nice. It was easy to talk with them and laugh. They are a phenomenal group and I could tell Tanner was really enjoying getting to know them. They were extremely respectful of me and my opinions. After lunch they took Tanner upstairs to talk shop and one of their top marketers took me shopping. We went to Lush (which is like a bath and body shop) and Lu Lu Lemon for yoga stuff. She easily dropped $500 on me. I felt like royalty. This wining and dining really works!
After about an hour we met back up with the boys and they sat me at the head of the table. They know that for Tanner to make another move to a very undesirable location I'm going to HAVE to be on board. And at this point, I'm not. I asked them a lot of tough questions and they were very kind to consider my point of view. It made me miss working and strategizing and negotiating with a team. But this company is 5 star and if this opportunity doesn't work out for us then I'm hoping that in the not too distant future we can work for them. (and not have to move!)













Comments