Jack's 1st Birthday Party

There are a lot of family birthday's in April and with our anniversary being celebrated as well we decided to have a quiet party at home on Sunday afternoon to wish Jack a happy first birthday! But 18 people is not ever quiet! ha ha We had my parents and Jon and Cami's families over. Tanner made his famous guacamole. I made chicken and rice and used Nothing Bunt Cakes instead of making my own. Oh my gosh. The cakes were off the charts delish! I was jealous of Jack getting one all to himself! Dinner was great and we all sat down and watched the montage we made of Jack's first year. It's crazy to try and squeeze every single adorable, treasured memory and picture into a 3 minute song. Jack came just at the right time. He is my snuggle bear and everything I never knew I needed. I was so thankful that my family could all gather to shine their love on my special little boy. Everyone took time to tell him they love him and it made my heart fill with love and admiration. My Dad always puts his hand on the side of Jack's face to say Hi and after he does that Jack always touches his face too. Melts my heart every time! When he sees my mom he flies out of my arms- its a good thing she's always there to catch him! My little nieces are obsessed with Baby Jack and take such good care of him! Everyone was so kind and thoughtful and all I can remember of the party was everyone constantly smiling.
Except my "No Nap Jack". By the time we were ready to sing Happy Birthday and do the cake smash he was losing it. We sat him down in the high chair and he was crying so hard but when we all started singing he stopped and looked around and was happy. When the song ended he was sad again. But we picked him up and Tanner cuddled him and then we let him go to town on his cake and boy, did he enjoy that cake! Yum! He had frosting all the way up in his nose! My mom helped me give him a bath. She's the best.
At the end of the party we noticed a trail of what looked like white cake all smashed up. But upon further inspection is was the contents of a diaper. Ray had tried to rip her diaper off and it broke and the insides went all through the house! That girl! ha ha It was an easy clean up but I would have felt terribly if that had happened at someone else's house! Parker had a blast with his cousins. All in all it was a perfect party. Success!! It always makes me happy when my family travels all the way out to see us in the foreign land 40 minutes from Laguna. ha ha Best East in the West!















The kids took over the table! We are out numbered! ha ha







































After everyone left we opened presents. Jon got him this truck that makes noises and literally, for a solid 10 minutes, Jack crawled around pushing that truck. It was the most adorable grown up big boy baby thing I've ever seen. We are so lucky and blessed to have Jack in our family. He makes being a mother such a joy. I know he is going to grow up to do great things and I'm honored to be the one raising him.

Comments

Sue Ann said…
Oh Chan, you take the BEST photos! It was an enchanting Sunday Celebrate Jack! Your home so gorgeous, your food, out of this world, and we ALL love to be at the Petersons! It makes me smile all over again!!!! I love you, Baby Girl! YOU are next!!!!