Our 12th Wedding Anniversary
Our 12th anniversary fell on a Saturday this year and as always we were able to snuggle in the morning and watch General Conference. We have plans to really celebrate in a couple of weeks so for the actual day we kept things pretty normal. In the afternoon we took the kids to Bubble Fest at the Discovery Cube and it was amazing! Rayleigh squealed with delight and was saying "Bubbles! Bubbles!" non stop. We sat in the back in the chairs but Parker sat in the front on the floor and was able to get in on much more action! The bubble expert guy hold 2 Guinness World Records for bubbles and the show was unlike anything I've ever seen before! Totally worth the $5! The theater filled with bubbles and fog and there was an intense laser show. It was incredible!
That evening we begged Shelley to come over so we could at least go to dinner. Tanner also wanted to make sure I got a new cell phone since I was due for my upgrade. I would probably still have a flip phone if it wasn't for Tanner. We went to Red Robin and it was relaxing and nice just being together alone. Shelly was asleep when we got home. I don't blame her! We were tired too!!!
I'd like to take a moment and briefly go over our history in terms of all of our moves because another move may be in the near future. This is more for my sanity so if this is boring to read feel free to skip!
1) We got married on April 2nd 2004 and moved to an apartment in Vegas.
2) In February of 2005 we bought a condo in Vegas
3) In February of 2006 we bought a house (thank you ridiculous housing bubble)
4) In May of 2007 Tanner lost his job and moved to Laguna Hills. I moved in with friends and finished school. This was the first time we lived apart. (6 weeks) It was hard and I was glad when I was finally done with school and could join him at my parents house!
5) In November of 2009 we moved to Utah (YAY!)
6) In May of 2012 Tanner moved to Pennsylvania and I stayed in Utah for a couple weeks and then drove to CA to spend a couple months with my parents before moving East. This was the 2nd time we lived apart. (8 weeks)
7) In April of 2013 we drove back across the country and sought refuge at my parents house. We stayed for an extended period while we searched for a job.
8) In August of 2013 Tanner moved to Sacramento but I stayed behind to deliver Rayleigh. After she was born I stayed one more month to recover and I drove up on November 1st 2013. 6 weeks later Tanner was asked to run a building in Visalia and left for 4 months. (this was the 3rd time we lived apart) A few weeks after he returned he was asked to run a building in San Diego. This time I went with him and we were able to live in corporate housing for a little over a month. At the end of the summer he brought me back up to Sacramento so Parker could start school. Ray was 10 months old and Tanner had spent the majority of her life not living under the same roof. I found out I was expecting Jack but the next day Tanner left for San Diego. We were expecting to live apart again but the Lord had a plan for us and he was able to come home just a few days later and be with me during my early/sick part of my pregnancy. We went down to my parents to interview and happened to stay for about 3 weeks...
9) In October of 2014 we moved to Eastvale.
It's now been 18 months that we've lived here. Tanner and I have had a long run of being together every day but the streak might end soon. Another move is possibly on the horizon. And it would mean another move 2 years after that (hopefully back down to SoCal) We've got a lot on our minds.
But it's interesting to look back briefly on our "moving" history and see all the little forks in the road. Not every choice we make has a right and wrong path. Most times both paths are great! It's all in what you do with your opportunities. The friends you make and the people you serve. The adventures you take and the memories you create. When I look back I see the Lord's hand so clearly. Right now I feel like we are in a fog but I know the Lord will guide us. As He always does. I usually have a plan for what I want my life to be like and it usually takes Heavenly Father kicking me in the pants to make me change course. So we shall see where we go next! It's exciting!
Our engagement photos. We look like such babies! I was 19 and Tanner was 22!
I sure missed this sweet boy! He's the apple of my eye!!
I'm a creepy stalker mom. I love to watch my kids sleep and if I can sneak in a picture you'd better believe I'll take it!
Bubble Fest!!!!




















Comments