Pumpkin City 2016

A trip to Pumpkin City deserves its own post! Monday was a cool, drizzly day and it finally felt like Fall! So naturally we decided to  go to the pumpkin patch! We had the entire place to ourselves and the workers were so sweet with the kids. Usually we are sweating in the unforgiving heat when we go to the pumpkin patch but this was ideal! We got kinda wet from the rain and puddles but that didn't stop us from having a great time! I, as usual, tried to get a nice picture of the 3 of them looking at the camera and smiling but no luck!!! The quest continues!!!!




Jack loves anything with a steering wheel....


Ray was adorable running about and posing for pictures. She's such a girly girl but I'm not always fast enough to capture her cute little moments.




I had the bounce house "witch" worker stand behind me and try to get the kids to look and smile.... nope!!!



This is Jack's face when he yells, "Cheese" at me! I always say. "Ok! Everyone look here and say 'cheese'!" So, being the obedient boy that he is, he says "CHEESE!" But this is the face I get, every single time....

Rayleigh loved the swings!



Parker remembered LOVING these rides but now that he's 9 he's realized that they are not fun for big kids. They are definitely for pre school aged kids. And they go on and on forever! They were on this boat for what seemed like a 3 hour tour!



Jack is sprouting his eye teeth so he's been a little grumpy lately. He was content to run around and observe but he did NOT want to pose next to this giant pile of pumpkins. ha ha



Pose with this big red tractor? YES!!! He loved this one! "Beep beep!" He's the cutest.






Rayleigh got to sit in the front and ring the bell for the train. Jack refused to sit and Parker regretted his decision. Seriously, they let the kids ride on this train for 5 minutes. Every time Ray would choo choo by me she would say, "ALL DONE MOMMY!" Parker's face cracks me up!!!! He was really such a good boy, but he was not impressed with the kiddie rides.





We had someone give us some tickets to play games (which I never waste money on and have never let them try) so Parker was stoked to play! Of course they are impossible but he had fun anyway. And the friendly staff member let Ray play for free and throw as many balls as she wanted.





Obligatory height pictures!




Rayleigh has never been on a pony ride and so I wanted her to experience it for the first time at the pumpkin patch! She's never really shown any interest in horse back riding and she didn't look too enthused during her ride. But I think she liked it! I think it was therapeutic for her and the rhythm made her sleepy. Parker was too big to ride but the lady let him guide Ray along in the corral. And she even picked up Jack and let him go around once! He got nervous once he saw I wasn't with him (Momma's boy) but what a neat experience!








Jack was happier with Rayleigh's bubble wand....





Sticky lollipops and the Kiddie Corral. Parker found some quarters on the ground and picked a ride they could all enjoy together. Such a good big brother.


Everyone's favorite: the bounce house! Jack didn't want to go in so the lady gave him a toy spider to play with.










Even though they don't pose for pictures like I want them too, they are so darn cute and I love them anyway! I love all of the fun, festive activities during October! And I'm thankful for drizzly, fall-like days and pumpkin patches all to ourselves!



Comments