October-Fest: The Way We Play


We usually have one big fun day and then one at home, quiet day to clean and get caught up. Tuesday was an "at home day". But Jill was sick so I took the kids to swim club. The babies were crazy in the waiting room so I let Ray join a free trial class. She threw on a swim suit from lost and found and jumped in the water like an excited little duck! I guess she was a little too excited because she was a handful for the instructors. At one point she climbed out of the pool, ran to the other end, and jumped in. Which to me is hilarious, but they didn't appreciate her free spiritedness. This is the problem I have whenever I sign her up for organized sports. She's more of a "go at my own pace" kind of gal. I think she'll thrive at extreme sports.. ha ha Parker did great learning and perfecting his swim strokes and Jack ran around like a wild child.

Every night when Parker doesn't have soccer we've been playing games which is so fun! We love that special time together when the babies are asleep. The 3 musketeers together again!



On Wednesday we had a nice breakfast and family prayer which was the perfect way to start the day. It's so nice having those slow morning when we can enjoy being together without rushing off somewhere. Tanner went to work and we went to my parents house! Everyday, every time we are in the car Ray asked to "go to Nanny's house?!" So, it's fun when we actually DO get to go! My mom fed us and even helped put some drops in my ears (which have been bothering me). The kids played and had fun for about an hour and then it was off to Laguna Beach to play and enjoy the sunshine! They loved the playground and after about an hour they all very obediently left the park and followed me to the Chocolatier. Since they were all being so polite and well behaved I let them each pick out a treat! I got cordials, of course, to share with Tanner. We had a nice drive home and I sat in the car thinking of what a perfect day it had been so far. I am so blessed with a beautiful life. I love that I'm close to my parents, close to the beach, live in a wonderful home with extraordinary friends near by. Tanner is blowing work out of the water. He's #1 in the company by a long shot and he's only been working there for 3 months! Life is good.





Can you spot all 3 kids?

















Later that day, Parker had scouts at the park so us mom's all met up for some fun! Rayleigh and Mia are seriously so cute together. It completely melts my heart. I hope they stay friends forever! I want them to go on missions together and be roommates at BYU and carry this picture around to remind each other how lucky they are to have each other. :-)




The next day at school Ray colored her eyes with an orange marker. She loves to color and always ends up tattooing herself. But this was disturbing! ha ha Orange on the eyes is creepy.


Oh ya know, just a typical day of naked puzzle doing, ball bouncing, snack eating....


I took the kids bowling and they were thrilled. They loved rolling those big, heavy balls as hard as they could! They played for about an hour before they were bored and wanted to run around the arcade. We drove through In-n-Out on the way home and then sat in the hot tub until bed time. 














Friday morning I tried to snap some spooky scary skeletons but they were too tired (and probably hungry for breakfast) to grim. Too grimm? Ok, I'm done with the Halloween puns. Anyhoo, after preschool and when Jack woke up from his nap we visited Tanner at work. We'd never seen his new office. We toured one building and said hi to a bunch of people but the other building is probably not too kid friendly. The kids loved say hi to everyone and getting treats and it was good for Tanner to be seen as a husband and father too, not just a boss. That evening we went on a super awesome date!
He was able to leave work a little early and we went to Newport Beach. We walked around the very festive and spooky Roger's Gardens. I love seeing all of the cool decorations and smelling all the delicious scents. We then went to the temple and to my surprise Angel's aunt was there to greet me! It truly was fate that I ran into her after ALLLLL these years. I've been thinking and praying so hard for Angel. We both felt inspired to reach out and share some thoughts with her. It was a unique and undeniable spiritual experience and I left the temple with renewed faith- as I always do!
After that, I took Tanner to my friend's resurtant! I've been dying to check it out for a few years and I was pleasantly surprised at how amazing it was! It's called Seabird's Kitchen and it's at the LAB in Costa Mesa. It's all vegan and I got a taco and Tanner got a grilled cheese sandwich. We shared a couple desserts too! Stephanie was there and it was so fun seeing her again! I haven't seen her since high school although I follow her on Social Media. I think we got treated a little bit better since we were friends with the owner. The LAB is such an eclectic place! So unique and fun! I want to go back again soon. They had Ghost Busters playing in the courtyard when we got there. So cool!


















I didn't get a picture with Steph so I stole this one from the internet.



On Saturday morning we took Parker to his soccer game bright and early. Rayleigh loved running around the field and kicking the ball. She's actually super good at soccer! And she ran around the track and up into the bushes and found a nice branch to play with. We need to take the kids hiking. I think it will be Ray's perfect jam. Parkers team lost pretty badly but Parker is always happy to just be out there playing. 
We came home and had a nice breakfast and then I went to my parents house to help write out the invitations to their anniversary party. I love working on project like that and I loved working with my parents! A few hours later when jack was awake from his nap tanner brought the kids down and we all went to the stake party at the Laguna hills community park. It was crazy! The kids were everywhere! And it was crowded. But it was nice to see so many happy, familiar faces. And guess what? I ran into my old high school friend, Ashley! We used to walk home from school together in 5th and 6th grade. Her sister joined the church and so Ashley was there hanging out with her. She works at a private school in Hollywood and has been married for like 10 years. She looked more beautiful that day than she did in high school and it was so fun to see her and get caught up! Both she and Stephanie said I "didn't age!" And that I "looked so good after 3 kids!" Which made me feel really good! How nice to have friends who love you for who you are!!! 
I wanted to take the kids down to the beach to watch the sunset but they were all so tired. So instead I called the babysitter on the way home and we scooped her up, threw the babies in bed, and went to the movies on another date! Score! We saw Sully and it was sooooo good. A perfect way to end a busy Saturday. And Audrey is so awesome for always being willing to step in and help watch our babies. 

Sunday was the primary program so we all made sure to get up and ready early so we could be on time. Parker did great and we did our best to stay in the chapel to hear the kids speak and sing. We were pleasantly surprised with Ray! She did pretty well with tanner! I had jack and he was alllll over the place. But happy. We didn't last too long after sacrament meeting so tanner took the babies home and I stayed. After church I took Courtney's 3 girls home and watched them for a couple hours. We fed them dinner and got them a treat and a movie. They were really good but it was non stop. I was trying to catch up on laundry and clean up after everyone's messes. We let a few things slide around the house since we've had a bunch of busy days. But by the end of the day I just broke down and cried. It was therapeutic so that was good. And Tanner sat down with me and talked me through where we were succeeding and where we need to do better. We played games with Parker before bed and I decided to try better to out first things first the following week. 

So bright and early Monday morning I took the kids to Disneyland! I met Liz there and it was so good to see her! She hung out with us for a couple hours and it was nice to have the extra set of hands. I was ready to leave around 10:30 but Parker wanted to stay so I pushed it a little longer and total regretted it. The babies were so tired and crying. It was difficult. But whatchgonna do? We are trying to cross off everything there is to see and do. So it was fun to do a few new things. I love being with Liz. We just click and I admire her so much! And I love how Ray sat down in the middle of the road and listened to the Disneyland band play with her bubbles in one hand and fruit loops in the other. Total 3 year old! She wore her snow white dress too, to celebrate our very own Snow White, Liz!

Later that day I had to take Parker to the orthodontist and had a panic when jack was still asleep. I didn't know if I could just quickly drop him off or what. So I called a few people to come sit with jack while I quickly drove him to his appointment, but no one called me back! So I ran to take him (meanwhile the always angelic Audrey and her mom drove over). I just pulled up and had Parker run in and drove home. They called me when he was done and by then the babies were awake and it was no problem. But man! How grateful I am for friends who drop everything to help me!
After that, I left the boys at home and quickly ran to the grocery store with Rayleigh. We were completely out of milk and my kids LIVE off of milk!!!! While we were there we picked up some ice cream to take to the Browns for being so kind and helpful earlier. Well, that made US want some ice cream too so we were spontaneous and drove through McDonald's for ice cream cones. Annnnd Happy Meals (they are only $2!) who says you can't have dessert for dinner and dinner for dessert. Ha ha
Tanner worked late that night so Parker and I read the scriptures and he sat and listened while I read a few other church articles. It was nice. We played games until tanner got home and then had family prayer and went to bed. 












































On Tuesday I vowed to have a nice slow day at home. But that just isn't happening. Rayleigh had preschool and while she was at school I took the boys to target. Then when Parker was at swim we did some crafts. I tried to do a few little house keeping tasks but mostly just be present with the kids (read and play). We had a nice dinner and while the babies were taking a fun, colorful, glowing bath tanner came home and I left to take Parker to Disneyland because Xochitl was there with her son! I couldn't pass up the opportunity to see her! And for 3/6 roommates from BYUI to be together in one place was magical! Disneyland brings people together! :-) it was so fun getting caught up with xoch and her son David and Parker had a blast together! I hope they stay friends for a long time! It was their first time to Disneyland so that was exciting! It's fun to realize that on Friday I saw one childhood friend, and on Saturday I saw another. Both I hadn't seen since high school. Then on Monday and Tuesday I got to see my very best college roommates! So fun!

We got home around midnight and Ray woke up at 5am. Not sure why she keeps doing that... but I laid her back down and tried to go back to sleep. Tanner's alarm went off and he was up and about and needless to say I was not getting much sleep. So I got up extra early and took my car in for an oil change. But Tanner had to go into work early so he left Parker in charge of the babies until I got back (assuming it would be about 15 minutes) but it took an hour! I was panicked (once again) and had a friend go check on the kids. (I got home before she got there though) when I finally got home I saw Ray in her high chair eating breakfast but I could find the boys! I ran upstairs and there they were in jacks room. Parker was changing his diaper and getting him dressed! I just hugged him tight and started crying. He's such a phenomenal boy!!!! He made everyone waffles and fruit for breakfast too! Amazing! But needless to say, I think I need a vacation. Sheesh!













One half of the Fabulous Colonial 505!








Comments