Bye Bye Disneyland
Our Disneyland passes are expiring in a few days and it's bitter sweet. We have LOVED going to Disneyland on a regular basis. If my calculations are correct, we've visited the parks almost 70 times! The kids have been so great and have grown so much this year. At first I would wear Jack and push Rayleigh in a stroller. Now Jack is too big to wear and Rayleigh doesn't need the stroller! Parker has especially enjoyed our frequent trips to Disneyland and now I feel totally comfortable to let him just go ride the big kid rides on his own. He's been a trooper to take it slow with the babies rides for the most part. Taking the kids to Disneyland was like a glorified park day. And I know we will get passes again on day. But for now, I'm pregnant and this is just not the year to feel pressured into going all the time. I'm excited to use that time in new and different ways. Even if we just go to my parents' house- that's a place that they favor even above Disneyland!
It's been frustrating to have missed out on so many perfect days this month due to everyone feeling sick- especially me. We've had quite a few rainy days and I would check my app to see the lines and they were always so short! I killed me! But we are going to make the most of our last 3 days!
On Thursday I took the kids for a short trip to California Adventure. There's not as much to do there for the 4 of us so it's not my favorite. But there were a few things that we hadn't done, like Mickey's Fun Wheel. So we made it a priority to cross those attractions off our list.
We stood in line for about 20 minutes to ride the Fun Wheel which was hard. My babies don't really like standing in line, as you can imagine. But we finally made it and immediately I realized why we haven't gone on this ride. It FREAKS me out!!! We are literally in a cage dangling in the air high above the water. It's creep and gives me anxiety. The babies were not into and fussing up a storm when all of a sudden we heard the announcement that they were "experiencing technical difficulties." Welcome to my nightmare. Here we were, stuck at the top. I shoved my phone into Rayleigh's hands to keep her still and bear hugged Jack. He would NOT stop screaming but I was NOT about to let him go. I almost started to cry. It was horrible. We waited like that for what felt like an eternity but was really about 20 minutes. When we finally got to the bottom and exited the ride, they issued us a Fast Pass to use on any ride in any park. So we headed over to Toy Story. I fed the babies a snack while Parker did CA Screamin'. Toy Story is always a huge long line so the babies had never done it but we walked right on with our Fast Passes and they LOVED it! All's well that End's well, right?
I was pooped after that crazy morning so we headed right home. The next morning we woke up to hearts and sweet notes and treats on our door! The Relief Society showed me some love and it was so nice!!!! The kids thought I would share my treats, mwahhh ahhh ahhhh!!!!!!!!!
Later that morning we headed over to Disneyland and since we got there a little over an hour after opening, it was already starting to get kinda crowded. We didn't do much, I think we only went on 1 ride (Winnie the Pooh) but Parker did Splash Mt and we had fun just walking around and enjoying the fresh air.
I was pretty exhausted after 3 days straight of Disneyland but in a good way. We have one more day and I hope we made the most of it!!!!! We love the Happiest Place on Earth!!!!
















Comments